Author Topic: Letīs Be Honest, 99% Of West Coast Rappers Ainīt Shit Lyrically  (Read 948 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Letīs Be Honest, 99% Of West Coast Rappers Ainīt Shit Lyrically
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2012, 09:42:15 PM »
i believe that there no bounderies on where a lyricist can come from. there are lyricists in every region and the west coast definitely has their share of niggas that are lyrically on point. the west coast was built off of gangsta rap and no one did it as great as they done it and the range of artists that are from the west like: eazy, rass kass, strong arm steady, cube, xzibit, rbx, ren, snoop, kurupt,e40, too short,etc. all those artists i've named they've packed a punch lyrically.
Eazy?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2012, 10:55:35 PM »
I guess we all have different definitions of being lyrical. To me the content is more important than just being cute at knitting words together.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 01:19:15 AM »
i believe that there no bounderies on where a lyricist can come from. there are lyricists in every region and the west coast definitely has their share of niggas that are lyrically on point. the west coast was built off of gangsta rap and no one did it as great as they done it and the range of artists that are from the west like: eazy, rass kass, strong arm steady, cube, xzibit, rbx, ren, snoop, kurupt,e40, too short,etc. all those artists i've named they've packed a punch lyrically.
Eazy?

eazy wasnt lyrical, but his ghostwriters were (cube, d.o.c, etc)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 09:08:36 AM »
Eazy?
eazy is not a lyricist but a gangsta rapper and the best gangsta rapper there was. i just used him as an example of how some of the artists varied compared to each other and other regions.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 09:11:25 AM »
Eazy?

eazy wasnt lyrical, but his ghostwriters were (cube, d.o.c, dirty red)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.