Author Topic: Dr. Dre: Please stop rapping  (Read 1335 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Dr. Dre: Please stop rapping
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »

thats because pac (and most peeps) dont understand the true definition of a producer and how much more ability it takes to produce an actual track than just come up with a lil beat loop. dre is a REAL producer, thats why anything that has his name on it knocks like no other. most these other cats are simply beatmakers who couldnt produce a track like dre if their life depended on it.

"dogg food" was ghost-produced by dre...they gave dre the mixing credit, but most that shit was signature dre to the fullest. suge said it himself, they wanted 2 push daz as the next big producer on death row, so they gave daz the credit as producer of the album. when has daz produced like he did on "dogg food" since it came out? dont worry, ill wait.. not sayin daz didnt have his hand in producing the album, cuz he did, but the final say of what goes where and how to bring the track to life was all dre, which, in essence, is what a producer does.
that's true.

I agree, for the most part.  I do think Dre's efforts on the Dogg Food album were understated.   I give Dre props for playing the background on that album and helping Daz and the Dogg Pound get their shine.  That album was a classic with no filler.  btw, What interview did Suge say that in?  That's kind of interesting...

But I also want to point out that Daz did have other production credits that were on par with the Dogg Food album.  His production work on All Eyez On Me was on par with the Dogg Pound album, and there is also there is no significant decrease in quality in his production work on tha Doggfather album and his own Revenge Retaliation and Get Back album.  Even non album cuts like "Me In Your World" or "Way to Crazy" with Tray Dee and so on show that Daz was just on fire from 92-98.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

PLANT

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2012, 05:46:29 PM »
I have no problem with Dre rapping on songs if the flow and delivery is on point.  Dre on Kush, Compton>>>>Lil Wayne annoying voice on anything

ghostwritten or not.

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »

thats because pac (and most peeps) dont understand the true definition of a producer and how much more ability it takes to produce an actual track than just come up with a lil beat loop. dre is a REAL producer, thats why anything that has his name on it knocks like no other. most these other cats are simply beatmakers who couldnt produce a track like dre if their life depended on it.

"dogg food" was ghost-produced by dre...they gave dre the mixing credit, but most that shit was signature dre to the fullest. suge said it himself, they wanted 2 push daz as the next big producer on death row, so they gave daz the credit as producer of the album. when has daz produced like he did on "dogg food" since it came out? dont worry, ill wait.. not sayin daz didnt have his hand in producing the album, cuz he did, but the final say of what goes where and how to bring the track to life was all dre, which, in essence, is what a producer does.

I agree, for the most part.  I do think Dre's efforts on the Dogg Food album were understated.   I give Dre props for playing the background on that album and helping Daz and the Dogg Pound get their shine.  That album was a classic with no filler.  btw, What interview did Suge say that in?  That's kind of interesting...

But I also want to point out that Daz did have other production credits that were on par with the Dogg Food album.  His production work on All Eyez On Me was on par with the Dogg Pound album, and there is also there is no significant decrease in quality in his production work on tha Doggfather album and his own Revenge Retaliation and Get Back album.  Even non album cuts like "Me In Your World" or "Way to Crazy" with Tray Dee and so on show that Daz was just on fire from 92-98.

i still think the production sounds way more polished on "dogg food"...shit just knocks in the system to perfection, along with all classic dre productions. dont get me wrong, Daz has had classic beats with no Dre involvement. but it never knocked quite like those beats on "dogg food"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2012, 06:26:08 PM »
i say Doggystyle shits on Dogg Food  8)

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2012, 06:26:56 PM »
i say Doggystyle shits on Dogg Food  8)

both timeless west coast classics

originalsfx

• Lil Geezy
  • http://djsfex.weebly.com/
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2012, 07:27:44 PM »
DRE SUX ;D ;D ;D
Dj SFeX
http://djsfex.weebly.com/

Free mix CD downloads - Checkout 'SYNTHetic Vol.1.' for that classic west coast sound...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2012, 07:56:51 PM »

i still think the production sounds way more polished on "dogg food"...shit just knocks in the system to perfection, along with all classic dre productions. dont get me wrong, Daz has had classic beats with no Dre involvement. but it never knocked quite like those beats on "dogg food"

Agreed.  More "polished" is a good word for it.  Dre has a way of making beats come out the speakers clean.  Jimmy Iovine says he had some gazillion dollar speaker system and that Dre's production on the Chronic album was the first time a rap record ever came clean out of his speakers.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MOBNigga06

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2012, 09:23:49 PM »
"I'll prove I'm clever and your game is wack with with one line: I never put my name on a track that wasn't mine"

"...and I'll tell you to your face nigga: you sound shitty"
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

andre

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 05:51:55 AM »
Haters gonna hate

another Beats reference, your wack ass voice flow and voice, your shit ghost written lyrics

RAPPING ON ANOTHER PRODUCERS BEAT.... AGAIN

just stop

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 09:00:35 AM »
Wait...............

were any of yall there when "Dogg Food" was being recorded or are we gonna just speculate on that and say its the truth like Bloggers do with Wayne and Birdman's Gang Affiliation?

and do any of yall know the definition of Mixing, Engineering, and what Post-Production is all about?  Y'all r right in theory but none of us actually were there during that time watching them do their thing. 

let's not try to re-write history.  let's keep it 100 without all of the Stanning, becuz in the end none of us were there.

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 09:22:47 AM »
Wait...............

were any of yall there when "Dogg Food" was being recorded or are we gonna just speculate on that and say its the truth like Bloggers do with Wayne and Birdman's Gang Affiliation?

and do any of yall know the definition of Mixing, Engineering, and what Post-Production is all about?  Y'all r right in theory but none of us actually were there during that time watching them do their thing. 

let's not try to re-write history.  let's keep it 100 without all of the Stanning, becuz in the end none of us were there.

Some peeps have a strong ear for music and can tell the difference of producers just from listening. That, along with all the info ive gathered surrounding the album suggests that Dre did a bulk of the production and went uncredited. It's not a fact, but it's as close to factual as one can get.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 09:33:55 AM »
Thats fantasy Nik, u dont know who did what at the end of the day and thats that, thats the underlying FACT of your claim.  On top of all of that Your ear isnt even nice.  Dont get ahead of yourself Nik becuz youre feeling rebelious against online marketers these days

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 10:43:57 AM »
Thats fantasy Nik, u dont know who did what at the end of the day and thats that, thats the underlying FACT of your claim.  On top of all of that Your ear isnt even nice.  Dont get ahead of yourself Nik becuz youre feeling rebelious against online marketers these days

life isnt a competition, son....telling others u feel less about them doesn't make u more, even if it may feel that way. if anything, it makes u less. trust me.

what makes ur opinion more credible than any1 elses?..are u God? I didnt think so, cuzin. so miss me with that dumbass higher-powereque talk, cuz it just makes u look more and more insecure wit each and every post.

to be real with u, it's simply called an educated guess...Dre produced a majority of "Dogg Food, based on my impeccable ear, accounts of people involved with the album, history of those who produced it, as well as the opinion of other respected west coast hip-hop heads who ive encountered throughout the years (which you aren't one of)..........if u can build on this with legit points, be my guest. otherwise, shut the fuck up.

jman91331

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 11:40:42 AM »
I don't know if Dre did more than Daz production-wise on Dogg Food but sure he definitely had something to do with the album besides just mixing it. For one, Snoop himself said Dre produced on it. Second, Dre mixed other albums where he only produced a few songs himself on (No Limit Top Dogg, Truthfully Speaking, Jay Z's Kingdom Come, & a good portion of the Massacre) & none of them sound as good as Dogg Food which Dre supposedly just mixed. & third, there hasn't been another Dogg Pound album produced by Daz that sound anywhere close to the production quality of Dogg Food even when he used talented could-producers like Soopafly and Mike Dean. That shows the difference too, Daz may have brought a few ideas to the table for Doggystyle & he was yapping in interviews every chance he got about Dre stealing credit for it, while Dre has never said a word about his involvement with Dogg Food outside of wondering why they didn't use a couple of beats he tried to give them for the album.

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2012, 01:00:33 PM »
I don't know if Dre did more than Daz production-wise on Dogg Food but sure he definitely had something to do with the album besides just mixing it. For one, Snoop himself said Dre produced on it. Second, Dre mixed other albums where he only produced a few songs himself on (No Limit Top Dogg, Truthfully Speaking, Jay Z's Kingdom Come, & a good portion of the Massacre) & none of them sound as good as Dogg Food which Dre supposedly just mixed. & third, there hasn't been another Dogg Pound album produced by Daz that sound anywhere close to the production quality of Dogg Food even when he used talented could-producers like Soopafly and Mike Dean. That shows the difference too, Daz may have brought a few ideas to the table for Doggystyle & he was yapping in interviews every chance he got about Dre stealing credit for it, while Dre has never said a word about his involvement with Dogg Food outside of wondering why they didn't use a couple of beats he tried to give them for the album.

yea...snoop went on record to say Dre produced a lot of "Dogg Food". We all know Daz had input on "Doggystyle's" production, so an educated person would come to the conclusion that Death Row wasn't exactly handin out credit based on reality, but more so on marketing. Suge said it himself..they wanted to bill Daz as the next big producer on Death Row, and it worked. dunno why it's such a difficult concept for some to grasp.