Author Topic: Ichiro Resigns With Yankees  (Read 241 times)

MistaNova

Ichiro Resigns With Yankees
« on: December 20, 2012, 12:15:27 AM »

2 years, $13 million.

Defensively the Yankees' outfield should be amazing in 2013. Offensively the Yankees' outfielders all hit from the left side so I'd expect Girardi to try and mix up his lineups by using Jeter, Cano Tex, & Youkilis in various ways.

Remedy360

Re: Ichiro Resigns With Yankees
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 02:18:30 AM »
Looks like he had some gas left in the tank after-all. Overall, still glad that we got rid of him, was playing like shit and it was time to hand the team over to the young guys. I don't like the fact that he's helping the Yanks, but it makes sense since being there allows him to not be the face of the franchise and have a much better supporting cast in terms of offense.

MistaNova

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:25:10 AM »
Looks like he had some gas left in the tank after-all. Overall, still glad that we got rid of him, was playing like shit and it was time to hand the team over to the young guys. I don't like the fact that he's helping the Yanks, but it makes sense since being there allows him to not be the face of the franchise and have a much better supporting cast in terms of offense.

The short-porch can do wonders for a lefty, just ask Raul Ibanez. Who BTW, just resigned with your Mariners again.
Can't say I'm not disappointed that the Yankees couldn't bring him back, especially since he took a 1 year deal, but considering that we need a power-hitting righty now I'm not really surprised.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 06:57:33 PM »
yesss