Author Topic: Good Kid m.a.a.d City production credits  (Read 1532 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Re: Good Kid m.a.a.d City production credits
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2012, 05:13:06 PM »
I'm a bit shocked that Dre didn't produce any tracks.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

jman91331

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2012, 01:27:57 PM »
People act like dude is only signed to Aftemath. Kendrick came in the deal under his own situation. He's TDE first, with backing by Aftermath/Interscope. So it shouldn't be a total shock if Dre didn't produce anything. Kendrick already has his in-house thing going that Dre was already diggin at the time he signed him so I'm sure he didn't wanna take anything away from it by forcing his beats on there. Seems like Dre took more of an executive roll & overseed the album, took apart in mixing a bulk of the album, and made sure the overall album was tight. Long as the product is tight & it sound good I don't give a fuck who produced it. I'm buying a Kendrick Lamar album based on his lyrical ability & the strength on how much I enjoyed Section .80 not because who producing it or what record company's logo is on the cd. Who knows, it might even be a simular situation like how Bishop Lamont was supposed to be where the Reformation was gonna have various producers & his follow up, The Impossible Possible was supposed to be entirely produced by Dr. Dre & Scott Stortch.

PLANT

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »
People act like dude is only signed to Aftemath. Kendrick came in the deal under his own situation. He's TDE first, with backing by Aftermath/Interscope. So it shouldn't be a total shock if Dre didn't produce anything. Kendrick already has his in-house thing going that Dre was already diggin at the time he signed him so I'm sure he didn't wanna take anything away from it by forcing his beats on there. Seems like Dre took more of an executive roll & overseed the album, took apart in mixing a bulk of the album, and made sure the overall album was tight. Long as the product is tight & it sound good I don't give a fuck who produced it. I'm buying a Kendrick Lamar album based on his lyrical ability & the strength on how much I enjoyed Section .80 not because who producing it or what record company's logo is on the cd.

THIS.