Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D City (Official Discussion)  (Read 10593 times)

doggfather

Re: Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D City (Official Discussion)
« Reply #210 on: October 26, 2012, 11:00:44 AM »
after a few listen one of the best in 2012, gonna buy it!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

SUR GANG

• 'G'
« Reply #211 on: October 26, 2012, 12:34:55 PM »
cant stop bumpin "bitch dont kill my vibe" that shit fuckn bangs hard ass fuck....

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #212 on: October 26, 2012, 02:26:23 PM »
The way Kendrick cuts his Dad's voicemail into the song near the end of "Real" is genius, that song has so much soul, and heart. I think it was a dope idea putting "Compton" after that, as it's kind of a flash forward to Kendricks life now and proves to the kids that you can make it out. This album gets better with every listen, for real.

Sccit

« Reply #213 on: October 26, 2012, 06:15:17 PM »
I think the two parts of "m.A.A.d City" should be divided. The second part is fuckin' fire, the first part is just OK.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #214 on: October 26, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »
I think the album is GREAT. I don't have a problem AT ALL with Kendrick on the album. I thought his lyrics were impressive. I was actually surprised a bit. This cat is very talented. The content and concepts were also GREAT. Kendrick was the shit. He has his own original style, which I can respect. The problem I have with the album is the SOUND. Sure i'm digging some of the beats but at the same time, it's not my style. It's not something I would call WESTCOAST. It's a modern era, commercial sound that I really don't like too much. This is why I'm not sure If I can call it a CLASSIC. It's not about Kendrick but the sound of the album. I wasn't expecting Gangsta BEATS but more of a west coast vintage sound. I guess if you are a new cat on the block, you might like this new sound. I'm old school, so I'm having a hard time trying to get into the new shit. I still think the album is GREAT and Kendrick deserves the praise. Just not digging the sound.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #215 on: October 26, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »
Can someone hook u p a link so i can bump it??

Will_B

« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2012, 01:08:15 AM »
The way Kendrick cuts his Dad's voicemail into the song near the end of "Real" is genius, that song has so much soul, and heart. I think it was a dope idea putting "Compton" after that, as it's kind of a flash forward to Kendricks life now and proves to the kids that you can make it out. This album gets better with every listen, for real.

Yeah would be cool if a follow up album starts where Compton left us

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2012, 04:02:58 AM »
Kendrick has DIRECTION. Something very few rappers have. Really, the only chance that "Detox" has of seeing the light of day is if Dre puts Kendrick in charge of the project.

Sccit

« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2012, 08:15:58 AM »

i agree...perhaps maybe more west coast influenced innovative dre beats on the next one + the same emceeing skills with a little growth displayed, sequenced with the same conceptual style in similar fashion could make for a classic.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2012, 10:50:39 AM »

i agree...perhaps maybe more west coast influenced innovative dre beats on the next one + the same emceeing skills with a little growth displayed, sequenced with the same conceptual style in similar fashion could make for a classic.

compton is a gimmick ass record.

every beat ive heard from blaze recently sounds like why you hate the game...hes burning that sound out.

Sccit

« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2012, 06:29:45 PM »

every beat ive heard from blaze recently sounds like why you hate the game...hes burning that sound out.

it's not a great cut, but it's good, somewhat grows on u. my preference would be if he could hit us with an album fulla songs like "the recipe" and 2nd half of "m.a.a.d city"

Javii

• 'G'
« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2012, 07:45:00 PM »

it's not a great cut, but it's good, somewhat grows on u. my preference would be if he could hit us with an album fulla songs like "the recipe" and 2nd half of "m.a.a.d city"

Personally, that would be a step down. It'll be very interesting to see what type of album Kendrick Lamar will do next.

Sccit

« Reply #222 on: October 27, 2012, 08:39:45 PM »

Personally, that would be a step down. It'll be very interesting to see what type of album Kendrick Lamar will do next.

..in your eyes. i'd say it has higher potential to be classic if he goes with that formula. depends on the sound ur lookin for, though. for instance, the second half of "m.a.a.d city" has a higher chance of being timeless than the 1st half, which i'd say is too reminiscent of ur average 2012 radio hit.

Javii

• 'G'
« Reply #223 on: October 27, 2012, 09:04:47 PM »

..in your eyes. i'd say it has higher potential to be classic if he goes with that formula. depends on the sound ur lookin for, though. for instance, the second half of "m.a.a.d city" has a higher chance of being timeless than the 1st half, which i'd say is too reminiscent of ur average 2012 radio hit.

It's funny that I'm seeing people saying the opposite. That this will not appeal to the masses, because it's not commercial enough lol. At this point, I just have faith in whatever Kendrick Lamar chooses to do, until he disappoints me. He exceeded my expectations for the album.

Sccit

« Reply #224 on: October 27, 2012, 09:28:09 PM »

It's funny that I'm seeing people saying the opposite. That this will not appeal to the masses, because it's not commercial enough lol. At this point, I just have faith in whatever Kendrick Lamar chooses to do, until he disappoints me. He exceeded my expectations for the album.

Yea, I heard people say that too.. Duno where it's comin from