Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar : Dr.Dre delayed DETOX for Good Kid ,M.A.A.D City  (Read 1047 times)

KC-HOODSTA

Re: Kendrick Lamar : Dr.Dre delayed DETOX for Good Kid ,M.A.A.D City
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 10:19:46 AM »
yeah i dont see anywhere about Dre prodcing shit on that

Dre is a fraud and Kendrick tryna make headlines like an attention whore.  hope he don't become the next Game lmao

u serious?

dude hasn't come out dissing people hasnt been trying to advertise shit i mean dude has been humble up to this point.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 10:59:31 AM »
yeah i dont see anywhere about Dre prodcing shit on that

Dre is a fraud and Kendrick tryna make headlines like an attention whore.  hope he don't become the next Game lmao

u serious?

dude hasn't come out dissing people hasnt been trying to advertise shit i mean dude has been humble up to this point.

im not saying he's on some gucci mane shit but NOBODY is going to believe Detox got shelved for this....why?  cuz Detox is never coming out lol

Okka

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 11:10:19 AM »
This Is Bullshit!!....How Can This Be When Dre Didn't Produce ONE Track On Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City???

dre produced the second half of "m.a.a.d city"...even if it was credited to him. he also co-produced "compton", with possible co-production on a couple others.

first you were assuming that...then i see you were guaranteeing that, in the tone of a solid and sure guess... and now youre saying it like its fact...can we see where it says that?

it doesn't say anywhere, it's more like one of those "you can tell buy the sound" sorta thing. like how everyone could tell Dre did a majority of "Dogg Food" as soon as it dropped. Listen closely to the beat on "m.a.a.d city" (2nd half of the song). If u wanna believe that Dre mixing a beat gives it his signature sound, then go ahead. Maybe he's not the one who came up with the general concept for the beat...but u cant sit here and tell me that it has a classic Dre sound all over it by coincidence. It has that sound cuz Dre was the one who put the thing together (aka the traditional definition of producer).

Sure, sure. You can think what you want.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 12:12:38 PM »
This Is Bullshit!!....How Can This Be When Dre Didn't Produce ONE Track On Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City???

dre produced the second half of "m.a.a.d city"...even if it was credited to him. he also co-produced "compton", with possible co-production on a couple others.

first you were assuming that...then i see you were guaranteeing that, in the tone of a solid and sure guess... and now youre saying it like its fact...can we see where it says that?

it doesn't say anywhere, it's more like one of those "you can tell buy the sound" sorta thing. like how everyone could tell Dre did a majority of "Dogg Food" as soon as it dropped. Listen closely to the beat on "m.a.a.d city" (2nd half of the song). If u wanna believe that Dre mixing a beat gives it his signature sound, then go ahead. Maybe he's not the one who came up with the general concept for the beat...but u cant sit here and tell me that it has a classic Dre sound all over it by coincidence. It has that sound cuz Dre was the one who put the thing together (aka the traditional definition of producer).

Sure, sure. You can think what you want.

lol if u dont understand how productions credits have been changed over the years, then maybe u should dig a lil deeper.

if u dont hear traditional dre sounds in parts of the album, slap yaself.

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 12:13:44 PM »

Dre is only executive producer and he probably helped with mixing, but I believe that they spend looong hours in the studio with work on gkmc,Dre didnt produce 2nd half of 'maad city' it's THC or Terrace Martin

he co-produced it that track, at the very least.....like i say, back n the days, that song woulda said "produced by dr. dre & terrace martin"

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 12:20:01 PM »
I don't think Dre produced or ghost produced anything on GKMC but I still believe he put a lot of work otherwise as far a mixing and the executive producer role. One of the traditional definitions of an executive producer besides quarterbacking the actual producers of the album is sequencing the album & if you listen that album flows perfect. Go back & listen to efil4zaggin, the chronic, doggystyle, Dogg Food, 2001, you'll see the songs flow perfectly into each other just like Kendrick's. So eventhough Dre didn't place any actual beats on there, he still but a lot of work in which I can understand taking away from working on his own shit.

u can think what u want, but if u listen closely, there are signature Dre sounds throughout the album. some tracks more than others....now, maybe those Dre sounds were "mixed" in after the general loop for the beat was concluded. but on songs like "m.a.a.d city", those sounds are so overwhelming that they make up for a good portion of the production. 10 years ago, at least 3 tracks off the album woulda had Dre production credits.....you're right, though. Dre sequenced the album flawlessly, and thats also part of what he's been doin so well all these years. there is no ear for music like Dre's.