Author Topic: WTF Shyne Calls Kendrick Lamar’s Debut Album “Trash”  (Read 1611 times)

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: WTF Shyne Calls Kendrick Lamar’s Debut Album “Trash”
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2012, 07:06:05 AM »
btw.
Is there anyone who can explain why this album is being called fresh, innovative etc.?
Have people who call it innovative ever listened to other genres than rap music but related to this music? Go listen to tons of trip hop albums since mid 90s and update your opinion. Except Kendrick's lazy voice for me this album is nothing new. What is more i find this album to be musically unsuccessful attempt at making rap/trip-hop mix.

The album is fresh and innovative as Kendrick is probably the first rapper in a long ass time to get a big push on a Major Label for a Commercial Release and not sacrifice any of his artistic integrity. The genius of this album isn't in the beats / sounds, it's in the story that is being told, and the message that Kendrick is pushing.

agree. but we're talking about the music, right? Because this is music album. And musically this album is... well... boring, at least i find it boring. Lyrically it may be masterpiece but muiscally it's not that good.

Somehow it reminds me of this line (Evidence): For me it doesn't matter how dope you write or look / MC's without a voice should write a book.

Simply change voice with beats and you'll get my point. But on the other hand some people find Kendrick's voice annoying so who knows lol...

Well... i'm not trying to hate on this album. I just think it's not as good album as people try to convince me it is. Just my opinion.
Peace
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 07:16:32 AM by shoo »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WTF Shyne Calls Kendrick Lamar’s Debut Album “Trash”
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2012, 06:29:40 PM »
btw.
Is there anyone who can explain why this album is being called fresh, innovative etc.?
Have people who call it innovative ever listened to other genres than rap music but related to this music? Go listen to tons of trip hop albums since mid 90s and update your opinion. Except Kendrick's lazy voice for me this album is nothing new. What is more i find this album to be musically unsuccessful attempt at making rap/trip-hop mix.

The album is fresh and innovative as Kendrick is probably the first rapper in a long ass time to get a big push on a Major Label for a Commercial Release and not sacrifice any of his artistic integrity. The genius of this album isn't in the beats / sounds, it's in the story that is being told, and the message that Kendrick is pushing.

agree. but we're talking about the music, right? Because this is music album. And musically this album is... well... boring, at least i find it boring. Lyrically it may be masterpiece but muiscally it's not that good.

Somehow it reminds me of this line (Evidence): For me it doesn't matter how dope you write or look / MC's without a voice should write a book.

Simply change voice with beats and you'll get my point. But on the other hand some people find Kendrick's voice annoying so who knows lol...

Well... i'm not trying to hate on this album. I just think it's not as good album as people try to convince me it is. Just my opinion.
Peace

As I said, the genius of this album isn't in the beats, its in the lyrics and the message Kendrick is pushing. I fuck with it musically as well though. Each to their own though bro