Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar- Good kid Maad City goes gold!  (Read 2151 times)

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Kendrick Lamar- Good kid Maad City goes gold!
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2012, 06:27:21 AM »
cool , if heīs about the concept then iīll check the whole album . itīs just that these days most people donīt put out fully thought albums out, the albums are more like compilations of songs with no connection .

but if this guy really put in work for a concept album iīm willing to give his album a spin or three and if itīs good iīll go buy it .

thanks for your two cents on this . maybe this guy is more than just his hype.

Will_B

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2012, 06:58:14 AM »
I was in HMV today looking for the Deluxe version. The shop girl told me they can't get enough copies, it always sells out!!

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2012, 11:44:30 AM »
cool , if heīs about the concept then iīll check the whole album . itīs just that these days most people donīt put out fully thought albums out, the albums are more like compilations of songs with no connection .

but if this guy really put in work for a concept album iīm willing to give his album a spin or three and if itīs good iīll go buy it .

Do it. You won't regret it. But be aware that this album doesn't necessarily hit you hard on the first listen. The replay value is CRAZY though. It literally just gets better with every listen.

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2012, 11:47:55 AM »

the albums strongest asset is the fact that it's cohesive and sticks to a concept, front-to-back

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2012, 11:51:52 AM »
Bullshit. Fuck Dr. Dre for this. I appreciate that he has put someone from Compton on but dude is a Lil Wayne copy, in my opinion. The CD has Just Blaze production but no DJ Quik. Bullshit.

I agree that it should have had Quik but who knows about Quik these days, he's a pretty moody dude and hard to reach. How the hell do you make the Kendrick and Lil Wayne comparison though. They sound nothing alike

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2012, 12:05:19 PM »
Bullshit. Fuck Dr. Dre for this. I appreciate that he has put someone from Compton on but dude is a Lil Wayne copy, in my opinion. The CD has Just Blaze production but no DJ Quik. Bullshit.

I agree that it should have had Quik but who knows about Quik these days, he's a pretty moody dude and hard to reach. How the hell do you make the Kendrick and Lil Wayne comparison though. They sound nothing alike

i see the similarities...the nasal voice with the hipster flow. obviously, kendrick is much better. but the slight similarity is there. listen to the drake track, it's almost hard to tell them apart.

hrsmn_london

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2012, 05:22:43 AM »
Yeah, I mentioned in another post that Kendrick's flow and sound is similar to Wayne. I am quite disappointed with the album. I've enjoyed Xzibit's album more by far.

Is having Drake on the album not a questionable choice in itself?