Author Topic: Game is like the forgotten child of Dr.Dre  (Read 1382 times)

Will_B

Re: Game is like the forgotten child of Dr.Dre
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 01:50:42 AM »
theme is cohesive, beats are bangin...album is solid. better than i expected.

game, as a rapper, is very confused. his best assets are 1.his ear for beats 2.his strong voice+mic presence and 3.his immense ability to mimic other rappers. the dickriding, again, is excessive (yet entertaining). the biggest knock is that he has no signature style of his own..maybe the style on "see no evil", since thats throwback game flow. but even that is an impression of shyne. too many different impressions on one album for this to be on the level of "documentary" or "doctors advocate"....also, another album with no regional sound. that said, some tracks on here bump and the concept factor makes it an interesting spin. 7/10

'cohesive' is the most overused word in rap of 2012 :laugh:

Yeah the dude dropped a cohesive record, every track was dumb and uninspired - he kept to his theme 5/5

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 03:46:13 AM »

game, as a rapper, is very confused. his best assets are 1.his ear for beats 2.his strong voice+mic presence and 3.his immense ability to mimic other rappers. the dickriding, again, is excessive (yet entertaining). the biggest knock is that he has no signature style of his own..maybe the style on "see no evil", since thats throwback game flow. but even that is an impression of shyne. too many different impressions on one album for this to be on the level of "documentary" or "doctors advocate"....also, another album with no regional sound. that said, some tracks on here bump and the concept factor makes it an interesting spin. 7/10

Wheres a game song where he is blatantly biting shyne.

I honestly havent heard a whole lotta shyne never was a big fan..
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 04:54:29 AM »
I thought that was Hitman? Or Slim Da Mobsta? Or Bishop Lamont?

Will_B

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 05:06:38 AM »
I thought that was Hitman? Or Slim Da Mobsta? Or Bishop Lamont?

Hittman can stand on his own 2, but seems to chose not to.

The others are grinding hard, but maybe only scraping a living off of Dre's name

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 05:08:58 AM »

Game's who style in rap from day one has been ripping off other artist style, image, everything. Dude even stated he ripped of Nas rhymes and made em his rhymes, now it's funny because Eminem got a shit ton of flack for sounding like em on his demo, but Game hasn't gotten the same thing, Despite the fact he clearly has no distinction except the Name dropping, which isn't good. Think about it, G-Unit had molded his persona and style into a West Coast Rapper, which after he left stuck too, however by L.A.X. you can clearly see dude isn't truly anything special and that his first two albums were essentially sold off production, Hell his second album the 1 thing you saw in all his reviews, aside from criticizing the name dropping, was talking about how the Production is either equal or better then his Debut.

By time Red came out he adopted Wiz Khalifas style (Dying his hair red like a fag) and copying what ever was selling or getting good reviews at the time.  Strong Voice and presence on the mic is great for covering up his faults for being a shitty lyricist, but that shit clearly fails when he doesn't have proper backing production wise and you can clearly see he isn't that talented.  

All Dr. Dre ever does for his proteges is give them extra exposure, hype, and bomb production. Dr. Dre never did shit beyond that, N.W.A - Ice Cube was the Lyricist After that DOC wrote the lyrics, hell RBX wrote Let Me Ride, Every song Off  The Chronic is written by someone else, Snoop Had his own flow and persona (Granted Dr. Dre did find him) Eminem was already becoming known in Detroit for his skills as a battle Rapper.

Dr. Dre doesn't make his Proteges talented, His Proteges make it appear like he's The Talented one. No wait let me rephrase that, they make it appear like Dr. Dre has a bigger impact when in reality, They were his two most successful (Along with 50) because they had their own immense talent. So IMO Dr. Dre backing someone doesn't mean shit because all he does is give em production, sure he'll make em record stuff till he thinks it's good, but I need a Doctor got a pass so that doesn't say much because all he does is want a Hit, doesn't even have to be a good track, long as it's a Hit. Kendrick Lamar made his bones on his own, years, but Dr. Dre comes in with a co-sign suddenly He's on magazine covers, and the next best thing. It's laughable because dude didn't do shit to make his carreer, Kendrick already has his own buzz with Section .80
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:15:12 AM by Blasphemy (A) »

bouli77

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 05:21:17 AM »
3.his immense ability to mimic other rappers. the dickriding, again, is excessive (yet entertaining). the biggest knock is that he has no signature style of his own..

I kinda see the namedropping and mimicking as his signature style. Some people are "gangsta rappers" or whatever, Game is a "rap fan rapper".

very true...but it makes him come off as more of an entertainer than an actual emcee.

yeah pretty much. he's very good at mimicking. story goes that when he got shot he had his brother Faze bought the biggest classics in rap for him to know more about the genre.... maybe he studied too hard.

the whole Untold Story album.

The only reason Dre put Game on the map was cause he was from Compton. dude was a living Compton postcard. if he hadn't been rapping about something else with the same skills, and if he had been from Fresno instead of Compton Dre would have never signed him.

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 07:46:20 AM »
poor Game.  at least his wife is cute

MistaNova

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 08:17:26 AM »
I thought The D.O.C., Bishop Lamont and Hood Surgeon were Dr. Dre's forgotten children.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 12:14:02 PM »

'cohesive' is the most overused word in rap of 2012 :laugh:

Yeah the dude dropped a cohesive record, every track was dumb and uninspired - he kept to his theme 5/5

thats because we been getting mad concept albums lately. makes sense.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 12:15:10 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nYydq9rwVuA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nYydq9rwVuA</a>

he molded his original style after shyne

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 12:17:56 PM »

Game's who style in rap from day one has been ripping off other artist style, image, everything. Dude even stated he ripped of Nas rhymes and made em his rhymes, now it's funny because Eminem got a shit ton of flack for sounding like em on his demo, but Game hasn't gotten the same thing, Despite the fact he clearly has no distinction except the Name dropping, which isn't good. Think about it, G-Unit had molded his persona and style into a West Coast Rapper, which after he left stuck too, however by L.A.X. you can clearly see dude isn't truly anything special and that his first two albums were essentially sold off production, Hell his second album the 1 thing you saw in all his reviews, aside from criticizing the name dropping, was talking about how the Production is either equal or better then his Debut.

By time Red came out he adopted Wiz Khalifas style (Dying his hair red like a fag) and copying what ever was selling or getting good reviews at the time.  Strong Voice and presence on the mic is great for covering up his faults for being a shitty lyricist, but that shit clearly fails when he doesn't have proper backing production wise and you can clearly see he isn't that talented.  

All Dr. Dre ever does for his proteges is give them extra exposure, hype, and bomb production. Dr. Dre never did shit beyond that, N.W.A - Ice Cube was the Lyricist After that DOC wrote the lyrics, hell RBX wrote Let Me Ride, Every song Off  The Chronic is written by someone else, Snoop Had his own flow and persona (Granted Dr. Dre did find him) Eminem was already becoming known in Detroit for his skills as a battle Rapper.

Dr. Dre doesn't make his Proteges talented, His Proteges make it appear like he's The Talented one. No wait let me rephrase that, they make it appear like Dr. Dre has a bigger impact when in reality, They were his two most successful (Along with 50) because they had their own immense talent. So IMO Dr. Dre backing someone doesn't mean shit because all he does is give em production, sure he'll make em record stuff till he thinks it's good, but I need a Doctor got a pass so that doesn't say much because all he does is want a Hit, doesn't even have to be a good track, long as it's a Hit. Kendrick Lamar made his bones on his own, years, but Dr. Dre comes in with a co-sign suddenly He's on magazine covers, and the next best thing. It's laughable because dude didn't do shit to make his carreer, Kendrick already has his own buzz with Section .80

these artists wouldnt be dropping classics if it werent for dre...thats all there is to it. he does a lot more than just co-sign and promote them, my boy

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 12:47:23 PM »
^^^ hard, you only have to read interviews with Kendrick, Snoop etc, hell even the recent Too Short one to see the lengths Dre goes too to mentor and coach artists on their delivery and presence.

E Dub

• 'G'
  • Straight Westcoast
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 12:49:46 PM »
The kid told you from day one what he was "The Game" and cemented that in the song "The Documentary"  yet people still hate saying he has no style, he does its using the best of every other rapper and trying it for himself. Pretty smart i think and its seen him drop 5 major albums on a major label with a back catalogue of mix tapes that put to shame some of the "legends"

Game is maybe not the most lyrical dude but Jesus Piece is a well put together album that some will refuse to even entertain for some weird faggot reasons.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 12:57:58 PM »
I would agree that Dre doesn't make his proteges talented but no producer does that or is expected to do that. Talent comes from inside. You can't manufacture it. No person can give another person talent. Dre's strength and the strength of any truly great producer is in finding his artists' strengths and developing them while hiding their weaknesses. And I'm not neccesarily sure that Game has an ear for beats as much as he knows which producers to fuck with. He's studied the formula well.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 04:44:04 AM »
Documentary is overrated. Had some classics but it had 50 Cent's work all over it.

I always felt Doctor's Advocate was the more complete album top to bottom and a true glimpse at who Game is as an emcee. For people saying his lyrics are subpar, I simply disagree. He has moments where he sounds like he can rap toe to toe with anyone, but then will come with uninspired lyrics time and time again (but if you delve deep, most rappers do).

Game is a true fan of hip hop, he spoke on it recently with DJ Skee stating that his career can end at any moment, and he's a rap fan before anything. Therefore, he wants to have the opportunity to do records with all his favorites while he still has the chance. I don't see anything wrong with that, especially since most of the guests are suited very well on the tracks they're placed on Jesus Piece.

He releases more music than almost any rapper in the game, he constantly adapts to changes in hip hop, always drops relatively big numbers when his album drops, and is well respected by almost every major emcee in hip hop. He's been outselling every Westcoast rapper consistently since the documentary dropped - why is this forum so quick to shit on him time and time again? He's put on for Cali more than any artist since Pac died. The only ones that can claim the same are Snoop and Ice Cube. He got dropped from G Unit less than a year after being introduced to the mainstream, yet he managed to stay wayyy more relevant than any other G-Unit counterpart. Nobody sees this though...

Case and point, Jesus Piece is right up there with Good Kid Mad City for Best Album of 2012 on the West.