Author Topic: I will be amazed if anybody gets this one....  (Read 341 times)

TidyKris

I will be amazed if anybody gets this one....
« on: January 29, 2013, 11:04:33 AM »
right ive been searching for a track for some time now....i had it on an old cassette tape from around 1998,
the beat is quite uplifitng with an electric guitar lead...not really a rock or heavy metal sound but a smooth tone (if that makes sense)

all i remember is the chorus was sung by a female singing something like: "were moving on and on and on dont stop, moving till we reach the top"
and one of the verses starting with lyrics like: "my lyrics have plans and notes, a lyrical antidote"....

The rapper sounded like Rakim or Big Daddy Kane to me at the time but if i heard it again i would prob think diffrent haha...im not expecting anybody to
know what track im taking about here given the rubbish description ive provided but who knows...it may click with one of you!! Who knows lol  :laugh:

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Re: I will be amazed if anybody gets this one....
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 06:10:35 PM »
I think they're two different songs, can't remember exactly though. The Last Emperor said those lines in a song, dunno if he was the 1st to or just quoting. I'll tell you tomorrow what track.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 11:32:48 PM »
Sorry, can't remember which track. Or if i'm right. But he used to say stuff like that. You should refamiliarise yourself with his music.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

TidyKris

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:23:06 PM »
Hey thanks man, ill have a listen to some of his stuff and let you know if i find the track  :)

DEKO

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 12:16:08 PM »
This one?

Saskia Laroo ft. MC Firestorm - Climbin' up the mountain