Author Topic: What's the truth on why the Lakers didn't hire Phil Jackson?  (Read 248 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
What's the truth on why the Lakers didn't hire Phil Jackson?
« on: February 04, 2013, 04:27:15 PM »
I have a hard time believing Phil wanted the job and they didn't hire him.  Because from what I saw he was never really interested.  And if he was interested, I can't imagine any scenario that they wouldn't hire him.

And now the team is struggling to make an 8th seed in the playoffs.  So what's the scoop?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Mietek23

Re: What's the truth on why the Lakers didn't hire Phil Jackson?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:24:40 AM »
Basically:

Jim Buss is running L.A. Lakers - he dosen't like Phil Jackson prolly because he's with his sister Jeanie Buss (they became engaged in January 2013). That's why he didn't hired Brian Shaw when Phil retired in 2011 and decided to get rid off the triangle-offense etc.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 01:36:36 PM »
Yep, in a nut shell. I will say this, the Lakers have the best front office in the NBA, and I still think Jim will fuck it up, and not even care. I truly think Jim has a secret agenda to do what only Red Auerbach has done previously, and that's ruin the Lakers. Right now I trust Jim as much as I like Red. Maybe Jim has some daddy issues, after all Jerry Buss was a well known womanizer and that couldn't have been a positive to Jim if he is close to his mom.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 01:49:44 PM »
So Phil is dating his sister?  So what?  That means they are family, people usually prefer to hire family for obvious reasons.

If he's really letting his personal issues, and like MDogg said his "daddy issues" drag this team down this story should be all over ESPN but I have heard a word about it.

Mietek23

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 02:39:57 PM »
So Phil is dating his sister?  So what?  That means they are family, people usually prefer to hire family for obvious reasons.

If he's really letting his personal issues, and like MDogg said his "daddy issues" drag this team down this story should be all over ESPN but I have heard a word about it.

Actually it was mentioned several times by Stephen A Smith on ESPN First Take - he said Jim Buss and Jerry Buss don't like Phil Jackson because of "personal reasons"  :)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 08:29:35 PM »

Actually it was mentioned several times by Stephen A Smith on ESPN First Take - he said Jim Buss and Jerry Buss don't like Phil Jackson because of "personal reasons"  :)

ohh

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 09:48:25 PM »
the problem is internal issues...everyone knew phil jackson was the best man for the job, but theres bad blood between him and jim buss (aka the son of the lakers owner and current man in charge of hirings within the organization). also, phil apparently wanted some power over basketball related decisions, as well as a hefty contract, and jim probably didn't like the sound of submitting that much power + money to someone who he's been known to bump heads with.