Author Topic: Dr. Dre's complete discography since Chronic 2001 ?  (Read 1526 times)

bouli77

Re: Dr. Dre's complete discography since Chronic 2001 ?
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 04:16:41 AM »
Yeah, Dre was the executive producer. Not the actual producer of the song and he didn't even mix the song by himself.

he was the executive producer of the song, yet he wasn't a producer of the actual song? that doesnt make sense. any kinda production credit on a song is production credit LOL.......really, though, it's common sense what was goin on in those aftermath studios. it's not really that hard to figure out.

executive producer : overseer of the project, not musically per se. Suge was executive producer of every Death Row album and he barely produced actual songs (he produced some on 2G4R & Chronic 2000 I think). Daz is the executive producer of Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha but he didn't produce all of the songs, just some of them but he supervised the project I guess. Joe Marrone didn't produce any songs either.

That's why there's a clear difference in the booklets between "produced by" and "executive producers". Like on Dogg Food "Produced by Dat Nigga Daz. Executive Producers : Dr. Dre & Suge Knight".

Dre executive produced GKMC but didn't produce every song.

chtimixeur

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 05:14:05 AM »
Not sure if this already posted but he is featured on knocs song when it all comes down to it (BANGIN)
Thanks !

Game - Hey Young World (feat. Dr. Dre & Nas) :

Not real, even the dude who posted this on Youtube said it.
Thanks to you too !

dnjp4life

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 07:05:32 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate your input.
I've checked the other thread, and there a few errors, so I don't know if I can trust it 100%.

Also, about Game's Leftovers Ep from the Doctor's advocate sessions, I've found this list of producers on Grooveshark :
Gutter Prod. Scott Storch
Beautiful Life Prod. Dr. Dre
Murda Prod. Dr. Dre
My Bitch Prod. DJ Khalil
Still Me Prod. Focus
Wont Stop Prod. Dr. Dre
Around The Way Prod. Dr. Dre

Do you guys think the production credits are acccurate ?

Also, what about those songs :
50 Cent - Incredible (feat. Nikki Grier)
Brandy - La La Land
Game - One Blood (Original Version)
Game - Hey Young World (feat. Dr. Dre & Nas) :
Nox - I'm High (feat. Xzibit)
Ras Kass - Goldyn Child (Original Version)
Xzibit - Hurt Locker
Xzibit - Grown Man Business

Do you think Dr Dre produced them ?

'Hurt Locker' is not produced by Dre.  I can tell that even though I don't actually know who produced it. 
The original version of 'One Blood' is The Game's lyrics over the beat for Kam's 'Murder Them Murderers', but I'm not sure if this is just fan-made. 
And 'Hey Young World' exists in beat form and is most likely produced by Dre - there is a video of him previewing it in the recording studio.
Also, I don't think that 'Don't Need Your Love' was produced by Dre - I thought Havoc from Mobb Deep produced that?

What I think is missing from your list:

Eminem - My Darling (Relapse leftover);
The Game - Make Up Sex;
Bishop Lamont - You Better Back, Back; and
Bishop Lamont - Freak Freak Y-all (Both from his Mecha-God-Spilla mixtape).

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 07:47:53 AM »
Yeah, Dre was the executive producer. Not the actual producer of the song and he didn't even mix the song by himself.

he was the executive producer of the song, yet he wasn't a producer of the actual song? that doesnt make sense. any kinda production credit on a song is production credit LOL.......really, though, it's common sense what was goin on in those aftermath studios. it's not really that hard to figure out.
  :eh:

You do know the actual difference between a Executive Producer and a producer right? because after reading this post I gotta ask. because from my understanding a Executive producer doesn't actually touch the musical aspect more the business side. Also any kind of production credit isn't just a production credit, there is a reason why their is a Producer and a Executive producer credit to help differentiate the duties each one comes with.

However given how a lot of the times rappers just all go into the studio and just do their thing, unless it's stated you can't really tell who did what. I mean when I read post saying "oh yeah Dr. Dre did those drums" that's debatable.  because the only 1s who knows what's going on are the ones in the studio. and people saying "oh but it's his signature sound" a sound can be replicated, look at the G-Funk Era.

I remember this sorta thing got debated when it came to "Kush", not who got official credit but just what/How much Dr. Dre did with the track. Honestly if someones credited I say let em take it, obviously the people involved have a reason. Either way doesn't effect me.  8)

no doubt, but i already explained that....executive producer credits are typically for full albums. when an individual song has an executive producer (extremely rare), u know that has something to do with the production of the actual song, especially when dr. dre is involved, and dre's methods of producing should be evident by now.

as for dre's signature sound, yes, many have attempted to replicate it. but you can really tell when dre was involved and when he wasn't, and "year 2k" clearly has dre involvement on the musical side.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:49:27 AM by NIKCC »

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 07:50:57 AM »

executive producer : overseer of the project, not musically per se. Suge was executive producer of every Death Row album and he barely produced actual songs (he produced some on 2G4R & Chronic 2000 I think). Daz is the executive producer of Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha but he didn't produce all of the songs, just some of them but he supervised the project I guess. Joe Marrone didn't produce any songs either.

That's why there's a clear difference in the booklets between "produced by" and "executive producers". Like on Dogg Food "Produced by Dat Nigga Daz. Executive Producers : Dr. Dre & Suge Knight".

Dre executive produced GKMC but didn't produce every song.

yea, but i keep repeating the same thing...executive production credits are usually for full albums/projects. when an individual song gets such credit, then the person named was clearly involved in the production of the song, not arranging/overseeing the album, as with your average executive production credit.

bouli77

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2013, 09:16:16 AM »
yeah my bad i did not catch that

Okka

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2013, 10:21:27 AM »
Also, I don't think that 'Don't Need Your Love' was produced by Dre - I thought Havoc from Mobb Deep produced that?

Somethin' happened to the original instrumental and Dre had to remake the beat.

chtimixeur

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 12:13:56 PM »
'Hurt Locker' is not produced by Dre.  I can tell that even though I don't actually know who produced it. 
The original version of 'One Blood' is The Game's lyrics over the beat for Kam's 'Murder Them Murderers', but I'm not sure if this is just fan-made. 
And 'Hey Young World' exists in beat form and is most likely produced by Dre - there is a video of him previewing it in the recording studio.

What I think is missing from your list:

Eminem - My Darling (Relapse leftover);
The Game - Make Up Sex;
Bishop Lamont - You Better Back, Back; and
Bishop Lamont - Freak Freak Y-all (Both from his Mecha-God-Spilla mixtape).
Thanks.
Are you sure about My Darling ? On wikipedia, it says Eminem produced it himself.

Matty

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2013, 12:41:31 PM »
The Game - Phantom (feat. Robin Thicke)

never remember this track being confirmed as a DRE beat. granted it kinda sounds like it, but it's hella rough.

pixtr

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 01:20:26 PM »
Joe Beast - Gangsta and The Game - Will I Die ofc
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:24:38 PM by pixtr »

Okka

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »
Joe Beast - Gangsta

There wasn't credits for the bonus CD on "8 Mile". So we won't know for sure if this was a Dre or a Mel-Man beat.

pixtr

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 01:33:47 PM »
Joe Beast - Gangsta

There wasn't credits for the bonus CD on "8 Mile". So we won't know for sure if this was a Dre or a Mel-Man beat.
But sounds like Dre productions

Okka

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2013, 01:49:35 PM »
Joe Beast - Gangsta

But sounds like Dre productions

Yeah, that's true.