Author Topic: West Coast is On Fire right now  (Read 768 times)

Will_B

Re: West Coast is On Fire right now
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 07:26:22 AM »
If you listen to new artist instead of your DPG collection, you would discover new music.
Your expectations of an artist being the face of a coast are old thinking. The closest thing to that right now is Kendrick Lamar with Dr Dre backing, that's probably why you even gave him a chance but nobody in his camp huh?

Answer me this, name the rappers who are the face of their respective coast right now.
To me there is none, it's all just pop commercial rap with no identity. Everyone on the radio all making records that sound the same using the same producers.

That which your talking about of industrie domanonace with record sales and MTV exposure are over.
Go watch welcome to death row DVD and have a good day.

I listen to 'everything'

Your pre conceived view of me is based on that "people don't get music like I do coz my tastes are so diversive and superior" etc thing that everyone seems to do on the Internet. I don't even care what you listen to. It's like penis envy but about music

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 08:14:43 AM »
You didn't even reply to my arguments,  ::)

Keep on westcoastin on the east side of west Europe mate  ;)
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

Will_B

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 09:43:22 AM »
You didn't even reply to my arguments,  ::)

Nas is keeping the seat as the king of the East Coast. No one took that crown.

All the West got is clowns and has-beens compared to Nas. Kendrick yes, but I ain't gonna call him goat or anywhere close to Nas at this stage in his career.

714rep

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 12:41:11 PM »
Answer me this, name the rappers who are the face of their respective coast right now.
To me there is none, it's all just pop commercial rap with no identity. Everyone on the radio all making records that sound the same using the same producers.

Exactly...To me rap music was MUCH better when each region had different styles/sounds

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 01:27:51 PM »
west has definitely been steppin it up lately.. napalm is actually xzibit's best work in 10 years, lynch came out with a nice release, e40 and too short did their thing, black c, mac mall, big hutch, mc eiht all came strong, kurupt has been droppin dope cuts...then the lambfam+affiliates klientel, cut the checc, and mr. swerve all recently dropped some heat...things are actually lookin up.

Will_B

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 01:53:23 PM »
west has definitely been steppin it up lately.. napalm is actually xzibit's best work in 10 years, lynch came out with a nice release, e40 and too short did their thing, black c, mac mall, big hutch, mc eiht all came strong, kurupt has been droppin dope cuts...then the lambfam+affiliates klientel, cut the checc, and mr. swerve all recently dropped some heat...things are actually lookin up.

Gotta agree. I think the new 'internet hustle generation' rappers are starting to mature in their output

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 04:47:40 PM »

Xzibit needs to get back with Dre and get back on the radio

Xzibit's new album may not have been the caliber of his last 3 but it still shits on anything else the West Coast has been doing since Game's Documentary album.   I like what Snoop Lion is doing as well and that whole project is going to be the shit.   

...call me old school if you want but that's the only shit that has made it onto my radar

I would say a LOT of west coast releases are just as good as that Xzibit album. The problem for me is he can achieve a lot better with studio backing and he's still a very popular public figure. Xzibit could be a face of the west coast on TV and radio. Fuck snoop and his wasted opportunities all these years

Your stupid for thinking snoop and DPG still need to drop albums for the west to be relevant. It's eurowiggers like you who stay stuck in the past and don't branch out the NWA tree who keep this forum at a stand still.
Nima should just rename dubcc to"tribute to the 90's"

So u think Tyga is the new face of the West?

he just likes them cuz they from West not because they doing good music

BIGWORM

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 10:28:33 PM »
Sick Jacken & Cynic~Terror Tapez 2 was fiiiiiiiiiire!