Author Topic: BIG HUTCH INTERVIEW PART 1  (Read 215 times)

Iron_Man

• 'G'
BIG HUTCH INTERVIEW PART 1
« on: March 05, 2013, 06:08:11 AM »

http://www.hulkshare.com/1hk0yat4i714

Illuminati 2G is here with Big Hutch, how’s it going?

Man, hanging in there grinding, trying to keep it 187 official you know what I mean.

First question right off the bat, how did you get signed to Psychopathic Records? How did that deal come together?

I was on a promo tour for my album, Only God Can Judge Me,  and I went out on the American Psycho tour with Insane Clown Posse. What happened with that was on the tour bus with Violent J for over a month and a half and we were going to do a record together.
That came from our mutual respect for each other and being in the industry for so long. I was doing my solo thing at the time and we were coming with a story telling concept for a song.

We just clicked and started working on the Psychopathic Assassin and then my album The Only Solution.

You have your new album entitled Live From Hell’s Kitchen. Tell me a little bit about the album and how it came together for you.

The new album I will not say that Hell’s Kitchen is a concept album per say  but Hell’s Kitchen represents Los Angeles. I kept it straight me and straight LA and I am talking about everything from on a street level to the politics in the game and things that I have been through and am going through in my career.

The album is an inside glimpse of me verses the last record was more of a story telling record, this is more my insight, and it is more of a funky record, a jazzy record, there are alot of different musical styles on the record.

We got club shit, hood shit, gangsta shit, smoothed out shit. It’s more funky like the stuff I do with Above The Law, basically back to the G Funk shit that people know me best for.

Do you have any upcoming videos set to drop from the project?

My next single that is getting ready to drop right now is called Drop It Like A Lo Lo. We are going to shoot a video for that in the next 2 weeks. The album does not come out until May, and then my 187 TV is coming as well.

Follow me every week with videos and my behind the scenes of making Hell’s Kitchen as well.

I just wanted to go through some of your previous work during your career. I always wondered did that lawsuit that you had with Dre and Aftermath for Eve’s Love Is Blind record, did that ever come to an agreement or conclusion?

Nah we are still back and forth on that and we are trying to see where the money really is at with that. Because when you do something so many years back, alot of times these companies do not want to go back that far. We are trying to hash it out and see what we have in front of us.

It’s still pending and we are back and forth on it. We are at a limbo stage with it, because we have to go back so many years and see where and how the money was earned and people are on their own time when it comes to figuring out numbers.
Was that originally Dr. Dre’s idea or Mike Lynn’s for you to come in and work with Eve?

It was Mike Lynn, he was the A&R director and he hired me to do it. He wanted me to come in and help to develop Eve. He knew me from working with me at Ruthless and working with other women like H.W.A. and Ms Kilo when she was over at Jive and he knew he from producing alot of females in the past.

He told me he had a new chick out of Philly that he wanted me to work with. He knew I had a reputation of developing a good sound that new acts could work with. We started working on a 3 song demo for her and one of the records on there was Love Is Blind.
Dre had my back on it, but Mike Lynn was the person in charge of that.

Is there any unreleased Eazy E material to your knowledge that will ever see the light of day?

Yeah I would think so, not that I have my hands on it but we did do alot of work together.

There was a song for The Realest called Fuck Friends. Did you produce that beat or did Beatology do that beat?

Fuck Friends, oh man that was way back, I would have to go through my stuff to check. I did alot of songs with Tha Realest. That is a good question though man. I think Fuck Friends was remixed a couple of times, that is the reason why I am asking too.
When I was at Death Row, I helped develop alot of stuff and somethings were already worked on when I got there.

How many songs do you think are over at Death Row that are unreleased that you worked on?

Oh my God, there is a least a few albums worth. We probably produced 3 records on Crooked I alone, there was alot of music produced on him over there.

Lisa Left Eye Lopes material over there that I worked on, yeah I mean there is alot of stuff over there. It just never came out.
What made you stay at Death Row despite you having offers from Dre?

I never was offered to go work with Dre to be honest with you. I was a work for hire at Aftermath and I went over there after they dismantled the situation at Aftermath.

123imagee

Re: BIG HUTCH INTERVIEW PART 1
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 11:22:23 AM »
Thx