Author Topic: Crooked I Looks Towards The New Era  (Read 121 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Crooked I Looks Towards The New Era
« on: March 06, 2003, 05:38:29 PM »
Crooked I recently spoke with BET on how he aims to help bring in a fresh selection of artists representing the westcoast : "It's on my mind to carry the West Coast on my back. I don't think it's on a lot of these other cat's minds. They are just trying to get theirs. It's on my mind to kick the door in for other cats."

Hailing from Long Beach he acknowledged that coming from the same neighborhood as Snoop Dogg had both its advantages and drawbacks : "That's how I got in, I got my first deal with Virgin Records and I would love to tell you they signed me purely on my skills, but I was from Long Beach and Snoop was hot."

He went on emphatically to state : That's how the game goes, so if Crooked comes through and kicks the door wide open then other people will be able to eat out here doing this. That's in my heart, these other dudes they don't give an f**k, they all about their selves. It's time for a new look so we're going to do that, it's a done deal."

Crooked I also spoke on how he and "Tha Doggfather" are no longer friends after Snoop made "Pimp Slapped," the Suge Knight and Tha Row diss record off his last album. He said that on the track, "The Slap Back," he will address Snoop's diss however he clearly stated that there was no personal friction between the two, it is purely because Snoop allowed his beef with Suge to spill over to other members at Tha Row : "I don't know what kind of cat he thinks I am, so I went back in the studio and he's going to say hi to the real bad guy now. He keeps throwing rocks from behind his security so we are going to throw some back."

As many fans will know, Crooked I will be Tha Row's first release following the "DysFunkTional Family Soundtrack," which is out next month and features Crooked I on many tracks to hype his long awaited debut due out later in the year. Even though he is a renowned lyricist he said that "Say Hi To The Bad Guy" will be diverse and offer more than just intricate rhyme schemes : "You don't really want to hear a dude getting to technical in the strip club because it's not about that, I'm going to make my music according to my mood, my emotions and how I want to put it down."

www.dubcnn.com
« Last Edit: March 06, 2003, 05:40:23 PM by Ready »

mrtonguetwista

Re:Crooked I Looks Towards The New Era
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 06:17:28 PM »
Thanks READY....interesting article ;D

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Crooked I Looks Towards The New Era
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 09:15:02 AM »
Thanks READY....interesting article ;D
no problem 8)