Author Topic: "Soul on Ice" Killz "Illmatic"  (Read 238 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:"Soul on Ice" Killz "Illmatic"
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2003, 01:23:06 PM »
Xzibit - "At The Speed of Life"
Nas - "Illmatic"
Ras Kass - "Soul on Ice"

are all basically in the same league...They're all debut classics...Another one is Eminem - "Infinite"...One of the most lyrical albums ever...I'd put it up there as a classic as well...PeACe

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2003, 01:52:29 PM »
for what its worth i agree with what knuckles said. illmatic is fire. ras himself has said that there are things missing from soul on ice (party jams for one) which he never realised until after that project... its not wack.. but its not classic either.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2003, 02:00:06 PM »
Marketing Value is damn important....do you think I could sign Copywrite to Def Jam and he would do extremely well as eminem, although marketing value isnt a feature of an mc....it helps record labels find their character and if they have the charisma to do well

Freestyles is very important in the fact that you can put out mixtapes (DJ Whoo Kid recognized 50 cent - contacted paul rosenberg)

But that has nothing to do with comparing albums.

I think At The Speed Of Life (an 8.5/10) is better than Soul On Ice and Infinite shouldn't even be in the same sentence as Illmatic.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2003, 03:44:39 PM »
and Infinite shouldn't even be in the same sentence as Illmatic.

That's your opinion...Most people would agree "Infinite" is classic and is Eminems best album to date (lyricaly)...PeACe

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2003, 07:14:04 PM »
lyrically? yes.

overall? no.

sun rises in the east and word life are better than soul on ice too...
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2003, 09:08:46 PM »
and Infinite shouldn't even be in the same sentence as Illmatic.

That's your opinion...Most people would agree "Infinite" is classic and is Eminems best album to date (lyricaly)...PeACe

ANOTHER POST  I AGREE WITH...DAMN NIK

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!