Author Topic: Eazy-E Planned To Kill Suge Knight, According To Jerry Heller  (Read 1451 times)

Sccit

Re: Eazy-E Planned To Kill Suge Knight, According To Jerry Heller
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2013, 03:34:26 AM »
Suge had nothing to do with Cube leaving. It paints an interesting picture of Jerry Heller that he would condone a black businessman killing another one in the name of being able to make more money for his own business interests.

i think he's implyin that suge knight was a piece of shit and that he destroyed a lot of lives, hence claimin he'd be "better off dead"

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2013, 03:39:06 AM »
Eazy fired Jerry Heller, then went to Heller's doctor where he was diagnosed with full blown aids.

See what those close to the situation say, like bone, lil Eazy, his mom, etc.

definitely a set-up...especially if he was tested 7 months earlier and was fine. aids typically takes years to kill

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2013, 12:53:33 PM »

nah Dre made a lot of money on Death Row, cause he had learned his lesson from his past experience with Eazy... he had his publishing and everything. Dre made tens of millions on Death Row. He was getting chump change on Ruthless. One of Snoop's gripes with Dre was that Dre hadn't schooled Snoop on the business end when he was on Death Row, in other words Dre was aware Snoop and them were getting ripped off and never told them.
cool. but he was co owner of death row or so he thought and his artists was gettin' ripped off and he knew it he was no better than eazy or jerry (rbx's a.w.o.l comes to mind).

Eazy and Jerry screwed Dre legally when he came to his contract. The thing with Suge was more like bullying. Dre legally owned half of Death Row. He just didn't stand up to Suge.
in a contract you don't get what you're worth you get what you negotiate.

You have no idea how legal agreements work.
you have no idea what the fuck we talkin' about go jump in front of a movin' car bitch.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2013, 08:00:48 PM »

nah Dre made a lot of money on Death Row, cause he had learned his lesson from his past experience with Eazy... he had his publishing and everything. Dre made tens of millions on Death Row. He was getting chump change on Ruthless. One of Snoop's gripes with Dre was that Dre hadn't schooled Snoop on the business end when he was on Death Row, in other words Dre was aware Snoop and them were getting ripped off and never told them.
cool. but he was co owner of death row or so he thought and his artists was gettin' ripped off and he knew it he was no better than eazy or jerry (rbx's a.w.o.l comes to mind).

Eazy and Jerry screwed Dre legally when he came to his contract. The thing with Suge was more like bullying. Dre legally owned half of Death Row. He just didn't stand up to Suge.
in a contract you don't get what you're worth you get what you negotiate.

Hence why Dre was screwed legally. He couldn't do shit about it.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2013, 06:03:53 AM »
do you really believe The D.O.C. Above The Law etc. received watches and cars in stead of royalty checks?

I can't say for certain who got what or didn't get what but D.O.C. has said he got a gold watch in exchange for his publishing. It's not strictly a Ruthless thing either. I've seen and read some documents that show plenty of cats at Death Row, Bad Boy, and various other labels that show artists basically getting fancy cars and jewelry in exchange for publishing rights on some very lucrative writing credits for hit songs and albums.
yeah but how credible was/is The D.O.C.? he was a drug addict and an alcoholic.  

anyway, i don't believe cube's solodeal was that much better in compared to ruthless, other than the fact that he was paid as a soloact

I would say that in itself is a better deal than what he got at Ruthless. Ice Cube was the attitude in that group. He was writing the songs and playing backseat to Eazy both financially and as an artist. I would argue that Cube was being undervalued more so than Dr. Dre was. Eazy may not have been paying Dre what his value was but from what Heller says, he and Eazy at least saw Dre as a major contributing factor to the success of the label as a whole. That whole angry anti-establishment concept was pure Ice Cube. It was prevalent in his early post-NWA solo work and lacking on the follow-up albums. Dre's evolving production mind kept things afloat on the follow-up album but conceptually, it's more sex and violence in the subject matter without the method behind the madness that Cube brought. In leaving Ruthless, he now becomes the focus over at Priority and in addition to being the only act being pushed, he also isn't splitting checks with four or five other artists-songwriters.
you're right, maybe they didnt't give cube enough credit for his work, but you said he had a bullshit contract, which is something different.
i believe it was just a standard contract, like cube uses for his own label.
and im sure he's still receiving royalties from ruthless