Author Topic: Look who Dwight Howard is hanging out with  (Read 2038 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Look who Dwight Howard is hanging out with
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2013, 10:31:11 PM »
Call me when Kobe gets a triple-double in a Finals game.

Bron is rebounding like a bit man this finals...49 in 4 games

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2013, 10:32:53 PM »
He's pretty much doing the job Pau Gasol did for Kobe last trip to the Finals...only playing the role of Kobe too...

Oh, and getting assists...

Oh, and manhandling defensively.

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2013, 12:17:08 PM »
call me when jordan scores 81 in a game
Call Wilt when Kobe puts up 100 in a game.

Seriously, what does the most points in one game matter?  It's an accolade, but it doesn't determine if you're better than someone else when looking at the potential GOATs.

it just goes to show that Kobe, in his prime, was the better scorer

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2013, 12:46:29 PM »

Seriously, what does the most points in one game matter?  It's an accolade, but it doesn't determine if you're better than someone else when looking at the potential GOATs.

Why, because of one game?  One that happened to be against a shitty team who finished their season with a 27-55 record that season?  Give me a break.

Like I said, it's an awesome achievement to have put up those kinds of numbers that game.  But that one game (especially against the fucking Raptors) doesn't dictate him being a better scorer.  But if you want to go by numbers... that season was Kobe's peak in terms of ppg at 35.4, but if you want to talk about being a better scorer, MJ's peak average scoring hit 37.1 ppg fairly early in his career (while his playoffs ppg that year was also at its peak at 43.7).  Additionally, he averaged 30 ppg throughout the season eight times, while Kobe did it a total of three seasons so far.  And then MJ has the better career average ppg too.  His playoffs numbers are a lot better too.

So yeah... not too much to support your theory.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2013, 01:25:38 PM »

Seriously, what does the most points in one game matter?  It's an accolade, but it doesn't determine if you're better than someone else when looking at the potential GOATs.

One game, you are going off of ONE GAME! Good, God, that was a great game, but who's the best is more than one game. Kobe was never able to score more than 63 points in the playoffs against a legendary team like the Celtics. That's a great game against a great team and I'd take Michael Jordan on that night over Kobe in the Raptors game. Let's see, scoring 81 against such legendary defenders like Jalen Rose (we all know Jalen only cared about one side of the ball), Matt Bonner, Morris Peterson and Chris Bosh in the middle (young softy), or scoring 63 in the playoffs against a bunch of bums, Danny Ainge, Dennis Johnson, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parish in the middle. What's sad is MJ's team still lost, to show how good the Celtics were, and Kobe's team was down for the majority of the game. But since we are only going off one on one games, MJ did it against a tougher team in a more important situation. Give me MJ on April 20, 1986 over Kobe on January 22, 2006.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2013, 01:52:22 PM »
according to NIK the only thing that determines greatness is regular season wins against Canadian basketball teams  :laugh:

forget MJ's scoring titles or dropping 60 on the Larry Bird Celtics in a playoff game, he never scored 81 against a garbage Raptors team in a regular season game :D

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2013, 02:46:50 PM »

Seriously, what does the most points in one game matter?  It's an accolade, but it doesn't determine if you're better than someone else when looking at the potential GOATs.

One game, you are going off of ONE GAME! Good, God, that was a great game, but who's the best is more than one game. Kobe was never able to score more than 63 points in the playoffs against a legendary team like the Celtics. That's a great game against a great team and I'd take Michael Jordan on that night over Kobe in the Raptors game. Let's see, scoring 81 against such legendary defenders like Jalen Rose (we all know Jalen only cared about one side of the ball), Matt Bonner, Morris Peterson and Chris Bosh in the middle (young softy), or scoring 63 in the playoffs against a bunch of bums, Danny Ainge, Dennis Johnson, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Robert Parish in the middle. What's sad is MJ's team still lost, to show how good the Celtics were, and Kobe's team was down for the majority of the game. But since we are only going off one on one games, MJ did it against a tougher team in a more important situation. Give me MJ on April 20, 1986 over Kobe on January 22, 2006.

lmao...ur taking a sophomore jordan over prime kobe?

thats too much :stupid:

Sccit

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2013, 02:49:25 PM »

Why, because of one game?  One that happened to be against a shitty team who finished their season with a 27-55 record that season?  Give me a break.

Like I said, it's an awesome achievement to have put up those kinds of numbers that game.  But that one game (especially against the fucking Raptors) doesn't dictate him being a better scorer.  But if you want to go by numbers... that season was Kobe's peak in terms of ppg at 35.4, but if you want to talk about being a better scorer, MJ's peak average scoring hit 37.1 ppg fairly early in his career (while his playoffs ppg that year was also at its peak at 43.7).  Additionally, he averaged 30 ppg throughout the season eight times, while Kobe did it a total of three seasons so far.  And then MJ has the better career average ppg too.  His playoffs numbers are a lot better too.

So yeah... not too much to support your theory.

kobe averaged 30 ppg playing alongside shaq

30. ppg. alongside. shaq