Author Topic: Kobe Bryant picks all-time NBA team  (Read 2505 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Kobe Bryant picks all-time NBA team
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2013, 04:21:06 PM »
if Kareem played 10 years earlier he'd just be another great player who couldn't get passed Bill Russell the GOAT

Could Russell have stopped the skyhook?

hakeem did, why not Bill?

One, Hakeem never did; two Bill was at least 3 inches shorter than Hakeem.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2013, 04:41:21 PM »
if Kareem played 10 years earlier he'd just be another great player who couldn't get passed Bill Russell the GOAT

Could Russell have stopped the skyhook?

hakeem did, why not Bill?

One, Hakeem never did; two Bill was at least 3 inches shorter than Hakeem.

Bill had mad hops

and Hakeem did and Wilt did as well.  And Bill Willoughby.

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2013, 05:15:07 PM »
hack, serious question: does it make u mad when people regard kareem as the goat center?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 09:17:26 PM »
hack, serious question: does it make u mad when people regard kareem as the goat center?

i don't see many do that but i can't see how he was better than Russell or Wilt (unless you argue him over Wilt via championships and not pure physical capabilities and dominance).  and personally I'll take Hakeem...Hakeem would have scored even more had he played with Magic and Oscar Robertson and that's a scary thought just knowing how damn good a scorer Hakeem was.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 09:38:10 PM »
Since you like head to head with Kobe/LeBron, here is head to head with Kareem vs. Hakeem. Up until Kareem's last two seasons, Kareem DOMINATED Hakeem. It wasn't even close. And he was an old man by then. There is no reason for Hakeem not to do well against that old of a player. But this goes to show that Kareem at his best could have beat Hakeem. There is no question, Kareem GOAT center.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
Since you like head to head with Kobe/LeBron, here is head to head with Kareem vs. Hakeem. Up until Kareem's last two seasons, Kareem DOMINATED Hakeem. It wasn't even close. And he was an old man by then. There is no reason for Hakeem not to do well against that old of a player. But this goes to show that Kareem at his best could have beat Hakeem. There is no question, Kareem GOAT center.

are you going to casually ignore the ass whooping Hakeem put down on Kareem in the playoffs?  he was dropping 31, 11 rebounds and 4 blocks per game on the Lakers.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/1986.html

stick to arguing NIK lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 10:35:48 PM »
Head to head, every game from 1985-1986 season. Remember, Kareem WAS FUCKIN' 38 YEARS OLD! Hakeem was 23. Kareem was 15 years older than Hakeem, and fading. He should have put up Shaq numbers at 38, when he averaged 9ppg, 5rpg and 1apg. Instead, against a rising center who was young and hungry, this is what Kareem did!

Game 1
Kareem  35p, 7r, 2a, 1b
Hakeem 29p, 12r, 1a, 1b

Game 2
Kareem  46p, 11r, 4a, 0b
Hakeem 18p, 14r, 0a, 0b

Game 3
Kareem  43p, 7r, 3a, 1b
Hakeem 21p, 10r, 2a, 2b

Game 4
Kareem  18p, 7r, 1a, 3b
Hakeem 25p, 11r, 0a, 4b

Game 5
Kareem  23p, 6r, 6a, 2b
Hakeem 34p, 8r, 5a, 2b

Playoffs
Game 1
Kareem  31p, 6r, 3a, 3b
Hakeem 28p, 16r, 3a, 4b

Game 2
Kareem  21p, 4r, 2a, 1b
Hakeem 22p, 13r, 2, 6b

Game 3
Kareem  33p, 4r, 6a, 5b
Hakeem 40p, 12r, 3a, 2b

Game 4
Kareem  24p, 7r, 3a, 2b
Hakeem 35p, 8r, 1a, 4b

Game 5
Kareem  26p, 13r, 3a, 1b
Hakeem 30p, 7r, 1a, 4b

So basically, at the beginning of the year, Kareem continued to dominate Hakeem, and somewhere in there Kareem started to get the upper hand on the old man. The point is that Kareem was FUCKIN' OLD! 38 Years old. At 38 years old, Kareem was averaging 12ppg, 7.5rpg, 1apg, 1.5bpg. Those are good stats for old Hakeem, but Kareem was a fuckin' beast going against one of the greatest young centers in league history. Kareem was dominating and then as he faded hanging with the best young centers in the league. And it's NOT like the 80's was a different league, Kareem was taking out the likes of Ewing, Hakeem, Moses Malone before Hakeem took over as center in Houston, Robert Parish. Kareem came in against Wilt and FUCKIN' DOMINATED.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/355765-reasons-why-i-think-wilt-chamberlain-is-better-than-kareem-abdul-jabbar

This was against an old Wilt, so we'll take that in consideration. But by that logic, Hakeem should have came in and DOMINATED Kareem. But he didn't. Kareem came out on top until he hit 38 and faded enough for Hakeem to go point for point with Kareem. Think of it. Kareem went to outscore Wilt 201-70 in 5 games, who does that? Kareem was the man.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 11:09:20 PM »
Hakeem averaged more points, rebounds and blocks in the playoffs against him that year and considering Hakeem didn't have vintage MAGIC JOHNSON passing him the ball it's obviously possible for old man Kareem to still score pretty easily.  Kareem wasn't even pulling 7 rebounds a game in that series  ::)

You are better off arguing that the 86 Lakers were simply scared of being embarrassed by the Celtics in the finals...that was a lethal Celtics team.  Best one they had under the Bird era.  I bet if Kareem had to face 1990's Hakeem he'd be begging for mercy.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 11:30:56 PM »
Hakeem averaged more points, rebounds and blocks in the playoffs against him that year and considering Hakeem didn't have vintage MAGIC JOHNSON passing him the ball it's obviously possible for old man Kareem to still score pretty easily.  Kareem wasn't even pulling 7 rebounds a game in that series  ::)

You are better off arguing that the 86 Lakers were simply scared of being embarrassed by the Celtics in the finals...that was a lethal Celtics team.  Best one they had under the Bird era.  I bet if Kareem had to face 1990's Hakeem he'd be begging for mercy.

If 1986 Kareem played against 1994 Hakeem, sure, but if 1975 Kareem was playing against 1994 Hakeem, I'd put all my money on Kareem. Kareem was washed up and still taking Hakeem to school That series, you have to remember, Kareem was 38 and he was hanging with Hakeem. He didn't have to be better than someone 15 years younger, he just had to keep up.

Plus remember, the Rockets had 6 players in double digit scoring that year. It wasn't like it was Kareem vs. the Lakers. Back then basketball was full of superteams, or what we'd call super teams. So it's a bit different than it is now. You can't argue weaker teammates, though Magic does help. Kareem was still killing it pre-Magic.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 12:06:25 AM »

i don't see many do that but i can't see how he was better than Russell or Wilt (unless you argue him over Wilt via championships and not pure physical capabilities and dominance).  and personally I'll take Hakeem...Hakeem would have scored even more had he played with Magic and Oscar Robertson and that's a scary thought just knowing how damn good a scorer Hakeem was.

http://www.hoopsmanifesto.com/articles/basketball/top-10-nba-centers-of-all-time.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-GreatestCenters

http://www.ranker.com/list/top-25-greatest-centers-of-all-time/hardtack

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1250943-nba-centers-the-top-10-of-all-time/page/12

http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/index.ssf/2013/02/poliquin_the_top_5_nba_centers.html

now find me some that list hakeem as GOAT center...lol

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 10:45:37 PM »
again NIK is all about his "lists"

are you not confident in your Laker agenda that you can't argue without a "list" by some "super duper expert" aka laker homer?

any list that argues against Russell being the best is silly...you don't get 11 rings and 5 MVP awards for no reason.  That's more rings than Wilt and Kareem together.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 12:13:21 AM »
6 rings in kareems era=at least 12 in bill russell's

face it...no credible source will ever say hakeem>kareem, cuz thats just retarded

Mietek23

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 08:03:43 AM »

Actually, there's plenty of dudes who consider Hakeem the best center ever - he's offensive arsenal of moves was just ridiculous, plus he had a footwork of a shooting guard/small forward. Shaq, Jordan and Reggie Miller all picked-up "The Dream" as the best big men, so it's def a conversation.

Anyone who picks the GOAT center from Russell/Wilt/Kareem/Hakeem/Shaq has a point in my opinion - they were all great players, but personally I think "The Dream" was the most underrated one of all those 5..

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 12:22:31 PM »

Actually, there's plenty of dudes who consider Hakeem the best center ever - he's offensive arsenal of moves was just ridiculous, plus he had a footwork of a shooting guard/small forward. Shaq, Jordan and Reggie Miller all picked-up "The Dream" as the best big men, so it's def a conversation.

Anyone who picks the GOAT center from Russell/Wilt/Kareem/Hakeem/Shaq has a point in my opinion - they were all great players, but personally I think "The Dream" was the most underrated one of all those 5..

i have no problem with hakeem, he is indeed one of the GOATs....but if u check ANY top 10 center list, ull be hard pressed finding one with hakeem as the greatest ever. lists with kareem as the GOAT center are the most common, though.

Mietek23

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2013, 01:32:03 AM »

i have no problem with hakeem, he is indeed one of the GOATs....but if u check ANY top 10 center list, ull be hard pressed finding one with hakeem as the greatest ever. lists with kareem as the GOAT center are the most common, though.

That's because Kareem's #1 on all-time scoring list and has 6 rings - that gives him the edge over other centers even tho, I still think Wilt was the better scorer and Russell was a better defender than Kareem.

As far as Hakeem goes, I think h was the most unique one of them all - dude had crazy mid-range game, can shoot fadeaway jumpers left and right and was by far the best big men defender ever (#1 in blocks and #8 in steals all-time).