Author Topic: "The Goal's to be Dr. Dre, not DJ Quik" - Problem  (Read 1788 times)

papa-smurf

Re: "The Goal's to be Dr. Dre, not DJ Quik" - Problem
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »
to bad he is so wack he a never be on dre or dj quik level. problem is terrible. his music is straight garbage.

jman91331

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2013, 08:27:24 PM »
#tellsproblem DJ Quik was Suge homie .. Dr Dre was Suge employee .

#tellsproblem DJ Quik got 8 albums . Produce by himself .  Dr Dre got 2 albums . 1 produced by Daz Dillinger and the other produced by Scott Storch .

#tellsproblem  DJ Quik don't need suck Iovine cock to be a legend .

#tellsproblem DJ Quik write his verses . Dr Dre had a bunch of ghost writers .

#tellsproblem DJ Quik create "In Da Club" one of biggest Dr Dre "hits"

#tellsproblem Dr. Dre has the Beats By Dre Headphones . DJ Quik produce the music that people listen on the Beats By Dre

#tellsproblem DJ Quik still look 20's with 2 millions . Dr Dre look 70 years old on Steroids . With 360 millions .

#tellsproblem Quik found HI-C,Suga Free,2nd II None,AMG,Mausberg...#tellsproblem Warren G founds Snoop Dogg. Scott Storch found Eminem . Trackmasters found 50 Cent.50 Cent found The Game.Jay Rock found KDOT

#tellsproblem  DJ Quik had beef with MC Eiht . Dr Dre had beef with Jermaine Dupri and Magoo .

re you just posting this shit to get attention or are you retarded? I'm one of Quik's biggest fans but c'mon.
1) Dre & Suge were partners Quik was a producer/mixer for hire around All Eyes On Me for Death Row so he was more Suge's employee.
2) Yes Quik has 8 albums but maybe like one or two did he produce by his self. I don't know if you download your Quik albums illegally or you have the real CDs. If you have them, a quick look at the booklet you will see from the beginning Quik had people producing with him like Robert Bacon and G1 (behind a lot of his best beats). Also had established producers playing instruments on his production like Jellyroll and Terrace Martin. Plus since you are comparing the two, Dre also produced on one of Quik's albums (Put It On Me which killed everything else on Under The Influence) and the one track of Quik's that Dre mixed (that Truth Hurts single) sounds sonically better than anything Quik has ever done.
3) Quik tried to do just that with the Fixxers with AMG but it didn't work out.
4) Quik does write his own shit but Dre does a good enough job with writers to pass as a rapper. I do like Quik's lyrics better.
5) Quik did give Dre the drum sounds for In Da Club but Dre programmed/played those sounds and how many Dre drums do you think are on Quik's tracks (you would have to be damn near deaf to not hear them).
6) you would be stupid as fuck to think the man who's name is on the headphones gets less play on them than another producer & where are Quik's headphones?
7) judging men's looks you sound gay & sound like you think Quik is cute.
8) Quik didn't find any of the skanless crew, they was his hommies he grew up with so it ain't like he "discovered" them. Black Tone brought Suga Free & I think Stan Sheppard brought Quik Maussberg (or it could be the other way around). Warren G was fuckin with Snoop & Nate but it wasn't until he heard that tape at the bachelor party that he heard the potential to take them to a whole nother level. Same for hearing Eminem in Iovine's garage. In fact, everyone he ducks with he makes 10 times better (& that is what a producer is supposed to do).
9) Quik had beef with Everlasting & Shemar Moore if you really wanna take it there  

MOBNigga06

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2013, 08:48:10 PM »
My point in starting this thread is just: there's a regrettable mentality behind the statement that you you would rather be wack, unproductive, and super rich, than to be dope, prolific, and moderately rich.

Quik said in an interview that he sees himself as a professor now, a guy who is teaching people through his music how to make good music. Quik is dedicated to making good music. There is more game and talent in recent Quik songs like Life Jacket and What Would the World Be Like than in everything Dre has released in the last ten years. The quality of music on The Book of David is higher than the entire catalogue of Dr. Dre's music combined. Dre has produced a few phenomenal beats like Let Me Ride and Xxplosive, but other than that, most of his beats are terribly repetitive. Still D.R.E. sounds like a parody of a Dre beat, like Quik's diss song "U Ain't Fresh" - an actual parody of a Dre beat. Dre is a limited producer, whereas Quik is the most versatile producer in the history of rap. Only one producer could make QUIK'S GROOVE III (to name just one of many of Quik's best instrumentals). Dre never approached that.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2013, 08:53:25 PM »
your all emotional faggots.

all duke is saying is hes out for what he deserves. nothing more nothing less.

any fan of dj quik knows about all the times he didnt get his proper credit now please take a deep breath and calm yourselves....its gonna be okay. the west coast of america is still intact.

CLOSE THIS THREAD

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2013, 09:25:36 PM »

lol you sound like a butthurt dude, just over a Problem line that was taken out of context and therefore most likely misinterpreted. most of the things you say are either inaccurate, baseless or simply false.

#tellsproblem DJ Quik was Suge homie .. Dr Dre was Suge employee .

Dre was Suge's business partner and equal, and 17 years after departing death row he's probably 10x richer.

#tellsproblem DJ Quik got 8 albums . Produce by himself .  Dr Dre got 2 albums . 1 produced by Daz Dillinger and the other produced by Scott Storch .

not credible. beatmaking doesn't equate to producing. Daz's involvement on the chronic is also confirmed for only a few tracks (serial killa, for my n's & my b's, ain't no fun).

#tellsproblem  DJ Quik don't need suck Iovine cock to be a legend .

lol, next.

#tellsproblem DJ Quik write his verses . Dr Dre had a bunch of ghost writers .

Dre doesn't have ghostwriters, he has writers, he never lied on not writing his lyrics, at least he's honest. now Quik's raps are better cause they have more soul, no doubt.

#tellsproblem DJ Quik create "In Da Club" one of biggest Dr Dre "hits"

cf. DeeezNuuuts83's post

#tellsproblem Dr. Dre has the Beats By Dre Headphones . DJ Quik produce the music that people listen on the Beats By Dre

lmao it ain't like everybody listens to Quik. dude has a solid fanbase but outside of them, few ppl care about his music (sadly)

#tellsproblem DJ Quik still look 20's with 2 millions . Dr Dre look 70 years old on Steroids . With 360 millions .

lol, next

#tellsproblem Quik found HI-C,Suga Free,2nd II None,AMG,Mausberg...#tellsproblem Warren G founds Snoop Dogg. Scott Storch found Eminem . Trackmasters found 50 Cent.50 Cent found The Game.Jay Rock found KDOT

the names you threw prove that you're simply hating and your opinion shouldn't be taken seriously. However you put it, Dre did find Snoop Dogg and Eminem. Sha Money XL is the one behind 50's rise in the industry. JT The Bigga Figga found The Game. and KDOT wasn't found by anybody, he just put out his music with his crew (TDE) and built a buzz that led him to signing with Dre.

#tellsproblem  DJ Quik had beef with MC Eiht . Dr Dre had beef with Jermaine Dupri and Magoo .

irrelevant argument, since when the people who beef with hold weight in a discussion about artists ? lol GTFOH

I don't think Problem meant to disrespect Quik, I understood it like "i'm trying to be revered like Dr Dre is, and not unsung like DJ Quik is", putting them two on the same levels but differentiating their levels of mainstream recognition and popularity.

Man, Dr Dre is a fraud ...this is proven. It succeeds because it has always been in the right place at the right time.

Man, Dr Dre is a media product .. the media are fake .. soon Dr as fake... Eazy-E made NWA..!! Eazy-E is the reason of NWA.. if don't remember Andre was making 80's tecno with World Class Wreckin' Cru!! Ice Cube got Bars ... Eazy and Ren got Bars !! Y'all know the beats of NWA was made by Yella and Aladdin .
If Dr. Dre was too rich ..and Suge your bodyguard .. why Dr Dre don't set up his own record label? Broke. Suge employee . Outshined by Tupac in 1996 .

Dat Nigga Daz made The Chronic , everybody know its . Chronic 2001 was made by Storch,Mike Elizondo and everybody else .

Dr Dre is a coward !! DJ Quik is not the better rapper , but he write his shit, good or bad ,,he write and record this shit.

Of course ..TDE reach the top by themselves..JT bigga Figga found Game and Sha Money found 50 Cent . Eminem was found by Iovine and Sway on wake up show !! Snoop dogg is in the game since 88..warren g and rip Nate dogg wit him... DJ Glaze and MMnsta found Snoop via Warren g ..dont you remember "Lets Understand Perfection" .

The artists which Quik found .. dont reach the same sucess , but all have the chance and opportunity in a major/medium label . Founded by Quik .

Owww man ..Quik is a beatmaking? The Man PLay Piano on stage ..live .. while Dr Dre tired to make a playback at Coachella .

Dr Dre suck Jimmy Iovine cockk! Every event there the couple.. where are the women?

We have to assume that Dr Dre is not anything that we see. but he got money,fame, is considering a music legend etc etc . OKay

But Problem was unhappy when making this statement.

Dr Dre don't care if Problem is dead or live .

DJ Quik support Problem since 2006 when he apperead in Snoop tape. Problem wasn't fair and loyal with who stay with him since the begin .

OH Irony, the track is called The Beginning.

Problem was a classic example of DICKRIDING in this Dr Dre/DJ Quik line .

Thanks man
peace .

[/quote]

mc eiht came from techno...w.c came from techno

its a bunch of gangsta rappers who came from techno....when eazy put the streets in rap...everybody doin techno...jumped on the bandwagon...

quik himself was in a singin group with a wino n his(quiks) sister...couple yrs be4 he was doin red tapes n quik is the name..i posted the video be4...

dre wasnt rich when he got with suge...he got with suge kuz he was gettin fucked by eazy..doc dre suge all started death row together...suge strong armin vanilla ice n his connection with harry o got the row started

i fuck with dre n quik....

everything u can say about dre u can say about quik...quik dont write his own raps....he himself have ghostwriters...knocturnal has helped both of em...quik himself said top dogg wrote dollaz n sense..

quik sounded his best with g-one...quik was gettin credit for songs that he didnt produce....couple of em off head are...

so cold
thinkin bout u...quik said himself he didnt produce it...it took him 14yrs to even speak on it...he said kenneth crouch wrote it n produced

g-one is quiks...scott storch..mike elizondo n everybody else.if u gone call dre a fraud..u might as well say quik too...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:27:29 PM by 3rd Coast »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2013, 09:31:39 PM »
Crazy funny how people try to do this whole Dr. Dre vs. DJ Quik shit all the time.  They both respect one another so the flame wars these topics seem to generate are a bit silly. They both are great producers. Everyone has their preference but I wouldn't discredit either one of their contributions to music.

Asani Waye

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2013, 09:42:36 PM »
Anyone who says they would rather be dj quik instead of dre is a fucking idiot lol.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2013, 10:04:08 PM »
OK OK , DJ Quik and Dr .Dre are identical . Happy Now ??????

The question is Problem talked shit . Since he thinks that.

There goes one for you smartass Problem.. "The Goal's to be a Kendrick Lamar, not Problem "

in other words

"Is it best sold platinum on the major debut, than being a loser over 8 years without an official album, just wack-free mixtapes "

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2013, 12:19:54 AM »
OK OK , DJ Quik and Dr .Dre are identical . Happy Now ??????

The question is Problem talked shit . Since he thinks that.

There goes one for you smartass Problem.. "The Goal's to be a Kendrick Lamar, not Problem "

in other words

"Is it best sold platinum on the major debut, than being a loser over 8 years without an official album, just wack-free mixtapes "

just give it a fucking rest euro, you misinterpreted it and caught feelings...nothing left to see here folks.

Okka

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2013, 01:46:33 AM »
All you who think this was "disrespectful" to Quik, i don't think y'all really understood what Problem meant.

Fraxxx

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2013, 01:50:50 AM »
My point in starting this thread is just: there's a regrettable mentality behind the statement that you you would rather be wack, unproductive, and super rich, than to be dope, prolific, and moderately rich.

You can very well interpret his line like this. I'd say that mentality is a Problem.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2013, 05:00:28 AM »
I don't know who this dude is, but as a fan of music, I say fuck this guy. If your goal is to be rich and not to be putting out the best music you can, then don't expect me to check for your music. I like music for music, not because the person behind it is rich.

That line sums up the majority of rappers today, which is why they are almost completely disposable. What an idiot.

pixtr

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2013, 05:54:55 AM »
Stupid muthafuckaz...

Firstly check lyrics :

Yea Compton, yea I mean that shit
Goes to be Dr Dre not DJ Quik
No disrespect to him but that's the realest shit that I could spit
Even he feel that shit
Because everybody goal is to be on top
If it ain't, the next question is why not
'Cause I could be getting work out, it don't squacks
'Cause the sentimental first week, if not I flopped in my mind
'Cause when the mils come I will switch

It ain't about music, he says that both are dope,

But Dre made big stacks, he is famous and Problem want too.

He don't want makin dope music and get lil money. just think
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:27:48 AM by pixtr »

jaytee

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »
Do you want to be dope or do you want to be dope and have money/success too?

Do you want to be a talented actor or do you want to be a talented actor recognized with award winning performances and money in the bank?

Do you want to be Charles Barkley or do you want to be Kevin Garnett? Both are all-time great basketball players that are Olympic gold medal winners and former MVPs.  It's arguable who you may think is actually the better player/power forward, but one never won a championship and only made $40M (NBA salary only) in his career.  The other has a championship and will have made $300M+ at the end of his career.

It's not disrespect on Problem's part.  Quik knows he's talented and has put out a lot of classic material, but I'm sure he wishes that he received the proper fruits of his labor.  I think the fact that Problem is even putting the two in the same line shows that he's putting them in a class together production-wise.