Author Topic: Favorite Zombie movies??  (Read 755 times)

Mick a/k/a Mickaveli_#1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Greenleaf
Re: Favorite Zombie movies??
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »
i only fuck wit the classics

1-Night of the Living Dead  (original)
2-Return of the Living Dead
3-Dawn of the Dead   (original...with the dad from Kenan and Kel)
4-Return of the Living Dead part 2
5-Day of the Dead

i only care for the classics....and fuck whoever decided to remake Dawn of the Dead  :nawty:

In my opinion zombies are meant to be zombies, slow brain dead flesh eating beings. My list (similar to yours)

1) Dawn of the Dead (Original) ~ It took me a while to get into this. The age of the movie being the first hurdle, but of course, it's on for a while so of course there's plenty to watch. The music in this complements the movie. It mostly takes place inside a shopping mall. Shopping malls particularly took off big in the 70's, and was a fantastic setting for the movie. It was about survival and where better to be than inside a mall which has everything you need. Clothes, food, guns and bullets, even a car. But of course not all is smooth. Very clever movie and really is quite dark in thoughts as to make you think "damn, what if this really did happen". It's raw, it's rough and more realistic on a "mental" side than its remake especially at the start as the city's and country as a whole are in a widespread panic and rush trying to make sense of it all.

2) Night of the Living Dead (1990 remake):o Holy shit. THIS is how you do a remake. Kept the original feel, kept the zombie characteristics the same, and the layout was the same. Rural farm house. Real eerie feel to this one, like little moments where there were Perfect camera shots of a "full moon" and shots of the darkness outward from the house and into the tree's ahead and the unknown of what (if anything) is out there. This felt like a true horror movie. None of this teeny slasher, over-gore, jumping garbage. This is a true horror movie Not too many have seen this remake, and you'll struggle to come across it on the dedicated movie channels. No, it doesn't look low budget. I have no idea why, but this is one ALL zombie horror fans should give a watch to.

3) Fido - Probably the greatest Zombie horror/comedy that I've ever watched. Anyone who is a fan of Zombie movies NEEDS to see this. Shaun of the dead although good in zombie feature traits, it was too cheesy at parts, and plus I couldn't stand the lead actor. He's one of the rise to stardom UK actors who just happens to come out of nowhere will all these comedy movies, and TV appearances. He's responsible for that pile of trash known as Hot Fuzz. A comedy film that just isn't funny. Picture Scrubs to get a mental image of the humour. Fido however isn't like that. It's actually funny and is a modern movie (made in like 2006) set in the 50's suburban America - White picket fences, cadillacs, all smiles, happy little white dogs, - You know the deal. Well after a great zombie war, they have developed a collar that prevents the zombie's lust for human flesh and which can control them and make them "safe" around humans. Therefore, they are kept as pets by people with plenty of money, and even as servants. Cheaper than a maid  ;D It really is a bizarre storyline, but very very enjoyable. You think it's comedy and it is, but surprisingly it has it's moments of gore, and all that red stuff. One of the funny parts is seeing braindead zombies just groan back and forward with a lawnmower not really cutting the grass, or one of them dragging along the ground taking a dog for a walk. I was glad I came across this gem.

Other ones that worked:

Land of the Dead - Kept the "slow moving zombie" appeal, and had what society would be like in the next 50 years. The elite and rich living in high buildings, and all of us bottom feeders (zombies) living out in the dark, mesmerized by the occasional firework display and distraction as they come in and get "supplies  ;D not that great, but watchable