Author Topic: Dope albums with Wack album art  (Read 279 times)

MistaNova

Re: Dope albums with Wack album art
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 08:50:00 AM »
I'm semi surprised that DJ Quik's Rhythm-Al-Ism and Lil Flip's The Leprechaun weren't on this list.

bouli77

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 09:23:57 AM »
TI vs TIP is clean IMO, same for Purple Haze.

You wanna see terrible album covers in recent years try R.A.W. by Daz (Daz taking a selfie of himself, shirtless, lol), or Down & Dirty by Kurupt (or wide awake, really).

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 05:17:52 PM »
Anything Complex Magazine gas to say about HipHop or its culture should be laughed at and not taken seriously.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 10:16:28 PM »
Anything Complex Magazine gas to say about HipHop or its culture should be laughed at and not taken seriously.

most of the stuff they post I can agree on not being taken serious but articles like these they are usually on point

Common's cover they had on there wasn't that bad actually either

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 10:09:56 PM »
Daz first album after Death Row was very sloppily put together... too much filler, cheap, unoriginal artwork... its too bad because the album did have some bangers.

Another reason I don't buy into the idea that labels are so evil.  When artists go independent they do shit like Mos Def did where he put out an album without any artwork or liner notes at all.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 10:14:51 PM »
Daz first album after Death Row was very sloppily put together... too much filler, cheap, unoriginal artwork... its too bad because the album did have some bangers.

Another reason I don't buy into the idea that labels are so evil.  When artists go independent they do shit like Mos Def did where he put out an album without any artwork or liner notes at all.

yes...every rapper ever does what Mos Def did  ::)

second off record labels are evil...at least the big time ones.  why else do you think Trick Daddy replaced Kurupt and G Unit replaced Treach from Naughty By Nature on 2pac's posthumous releases??   that shit is blasphemy, especially when it was 2 of Kurupt's best verses ever getting taken off that 2pac song.  Oh and Lil Moo on Niggaz Nature??  get the fuck out of here, that was a Makaveli record they raped right there.  Pac planned for that OG to be on there.