Author Topic: Nas Hip-Hop Is Dead still so under-rated...  (Read 349 times)

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

Re: Nas Hip-Hop Is Dead still so under-rated...
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 05:30:44 PM »
This album is in my top 10 albums of All-Time list.   And it is officially the most timely album of all time, as it marked the official death of hip-hop.

This album carried me for a whole year from the end of 2006 through nearly all of 2007.  While the rest of the hip-hop world was crumbling this album was straight heat from beginning to end.  Nas comes out swingin with the opener, "Money Over Bullshit" he basically destroys the whole rap game.  He could of ended the album there but he continued to bless us with 15 more tracks.  

"Carry On Tradition" was a dope cut, and then "Hip-Hop Is Dead" was a perfect lead single that should of blown up on radio and TV.  Couldn't have had a more perfect title track, "RIP WE'LL DONATE YOUR LUNGS TO A RASTA", so many sick lines on this track.  Then "Black Republicans" marked the first time Jay-Z ever actually sounded dope on a record but he still got sonned by Nas.

Then Kanye West tries his best to destroy the album, but even he fails as Nas comes right back with the very dope "Hold Down the Block".  Chris Webber comes in and lays down some ill production with the mesmerizing "Blunt Ashes" in which Nas does a lot of ill storytelling about artists he listened to as a kid.  

Then finally Nas' finishes the album off strong with the timeless cut "Can't Forget About You" which is a one of a kind track, sampling a song from a long ago era and making it fresh again.  After that Nas and Game drop the epic, legendary track over the monster Dre beat "Hustlers"!  At that point, it's officially over and the game has been destroyed and Nas reigns supreme.    

Lmao at Kanye trying to destroy this album. "Still Dreamin" is a phenomenal song. Prob my fav on the album.

Having said that this album starts strong but loses focus as it goes on. "Where are they now" and then a subsequent remix were excellent songs, total throwback, James brown sample etc.

Black Republican is without a doubt the worst song on here, and of course solely because of Camel. You can hear it in his squeaky homo voice how he has waited his whole life to do a song with his idol Nas. It always cracked me up how peeps say "jay won the battle, Nas signed to his label lol!" If I remember, he paid Nas $10-20 mill to sign with def jam. Nas won.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

Re: Nas Hip-Hop Is Dead still so under-rated...
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 05:34:48 PM »
That's embarrassing.

Lmao Cham stays shittin on folks