Author Topic: My son informed me that Snoop was in a kids movie he saw in theatres  (Read 1398 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: My son informed me that Snoop was in a kids movie he saw in theatres
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 06:59:57 PM »

I remember all that, and I remember how happy people were when he fell off in '96-'99. I even mentioned Snoop Dogg is still my favorite rapper, and a teacher and other student said, "man, that's so Jr. High." I was kind of shocked. But by the end of my senior year, Top Dogg was released and everyone at my high school was on his nuts again. From '99-'04 Snoop just stamped himself in the mainstream. But from '92-'96, he was at his best and dude was just a fuckin' star. It's like 2Pac in those days was the best rapper, hands down, but Snoop was your favorite rapper. He had that extra something that not even 'Pac or Biggie had that just made people gravitate to him. I'd say 'Pac eventually developed that in '96, but Snoop was just naturally like that from the start when he was only 20 years old.

you sound exactly like me in those days.   Everything you said.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 07:05:58 PM »

Uhh, 2pac was the best rapper? Nobody thought 2pac was the best rapper at the time. That came after his death, same with Biggie. They were popular and had fans but it was no difference than when Snoop came out. As far as skill people always were talking about your Wu-Tang's, Nas' etc etc and then the older artists ala Rakim, Kool G Rap, KRS and so on and i'm not talking on some Eastcoast vs. Westcoast biasness either.

2pac or Biggie were never considered the best, even at that time really. They made dope music with help from Puff and so on in Biggie's case but weren't the greatest rappers. They still ain't.

But i'm guessing you grow up on 2pac and Biggie when the media hype came so i understand.

Huh? Nobody thought 2Pac was the best at the time? WTF? During 1991-1995 maybe, but once 2Pac released All Eyez On Me, and more specific Hit 'Em Up on the How Do You Want It single, people at least in my part of California were calling 'Pac the best in Hip-Hop at the time. People were talking shit about every other westcoast rapper because everyone was on 2Pac's nuts. This ain't no media hype, this was the streets buzzing, and the streets called 'Pac the best. The same way in 1993 everyone was bumping It's On by Eazy E and in 1999 the streets was bumping Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha when everyone else was bumping 2001. The street was talking about 'Pac being the best. At least in the IE. I can't speak for LA, but in the IE, the spring and summer of 1996, you would've though 2Pac was next to Jesus, and when he died that only got worst.

School him MDogg...  Whoever says Pac wasn't the shit until after he died must not have been old enough to really remember 96'.  It was exactly like MDogg says, although I would put it slightly before "How Do You Want It/Hit Um Up" and say that Pac joined Snoop at the top of the rap game whenever the "California Love" video came out.  That video was so huge and had everyone on Pac's nuts...

...that's why when people say to me why you care about 96, I have to explain that I would of been a fan of Death Row even if they were only selling 300,000; but summer of 96' was a rare time when the stuff that I was into was the trend that everybody else was following. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 05:11:35 AM »
I've seen Snoop in concert 3 times, and I just being in the same room, there is something about him. He's got that superstar swag that just draws people to him. People in interviews have said that, Snoop's just a god damn star.

yo.. but it's kind of ironic for fans like you and me who are old enough to remember the controversy when Snoop first came out.  He had this larger than life gangsta image and there was a media firestorm with them trying to ban him, I even remember our 6th grade teacher having a conversation with the whole class after "Gin and Juice" got pulled from the local R&B station and it made local news...

...now today that same guy is being featured in kids movies like TURBO!  Guess Snoop has really came full circle, props to him

I remember all that, and I remember how happy people were when he fell off in '96-'99. I even mentioned Snoop Dogg is still my favorite rapper, and a teacher and other student said, "man, that's so Jr. High." I was kind of shocked. But by the end of my senior year, Top Dogg was released and everyone at my high school was on his nuts again. From '99-'04 Snoop just stamped himself in the mainstream. But from '92-'96, he was at his best and dude was just a fuckin' star. It's like 2Pac in those days was the best rapper, hands down, but Snoop was your favorite rapper. He had that extra something that not even 'Pac or Biggie had that just made people gravitate to him. I'd say 'Pac eventually developed that in '96, but Snoop was just naturally like that from the start when he was only 20 years old.

Uhh, 2pac was the best rapper? Nobody thought 2pac was the best rapper at the time. That came after his death, same with Biggie. They were popular and had fans but it was no difference than when Snoop came out. As far as skill people always were talking about your Wu-Tang's, Nas' etc etc and then the older artists ala Rakim, Kool G Rap, KRS and so on and i'm not talking on some Eastcoast vs. Westcoast biasness either.

2pac or Biggie were never considered the best, even at that time really. They made dope music with help from Puff and so on in Biggie's case but weren't the greatest rappers. They still ain't.

But i'm guessing you grow up on 2pac and Biggie when the media hype came so i understand.

Huh? Nobody thought 2Pac was the best at the time? WTF? During 1991-1995 maybe

Uh, wasnt that my point?

Never said he wasnt big. I said he was just a popular rapper around that time like many before him. But because they both died at the height of their popularity it make a media sensation they automatically became symbols of an already talked about issue ("gangsta rap and it's influence") so therefor people - like yall - look at them as the status quo of rap. He wasnt "2pac the best rapper ever in the history of the world who is a god and who was a revolutionary who created everything in the rap game and was the realest rapper ever" until he died.

No wonder why people dont post in the west coast section anymore.

How do you not read my post, respond to it yet prove my point?

2pac was never once considered the greatest rapper nor Biggie.

2pac was considered by many to be an actor who played tough for record sales, a hypocrite and somebody that people shitted on just like people do to celebrities now - yet now hes the "realest rapper ever"?

Biggie was considered a commercialized rapper back then - yet now he's one of the greatests rappers ever, based on 2 albums? Skill wise there were always mc's better than them. It's clear that guys like yall have a selective memory. Yall remember what yall wanna remember.

It's common though. Because of the "event" the dickriders come out but either to dumb to realize they dont know wtf they're talking about or that they just swallowed by the hype and dickriding-ism. Reminds me of all 300 rappers that were "supposed to be in the car/party with 2pac/Big".
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 05:14:42 AM by PhunkyDoob »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 08:41:22 AM »
I've seen Snoop in concert 3 times, and I just being in the same room, there is something about him. He's got that superstar swag that just draws people to him. People in interviews have said that, Snoop's just a god damn star.

yo.. but it's kind of ironic for fans like you and me who are old enough to remember the controversy when Snoop first came out.  He had this larger than life gangsta image and there was a media firestorm with them trying to ban him, I even remember our 6th grade teacher having a conversation with the whole class after "Gin and Juice" got pulled from the local R&B station and it made local news...

...now today that same guy is being featured in kids movies like TURBO!  Guess Snoop has really came full circle, props to him

Uh, wasnt that my point?

Never said he wasnt big. I said he was just a popular rapper around that time like many before him. But because they both died at the height of their popularity it make a media sensation they automatically became symbols of an already talked about issue ("gangsta rap and it's influence") so therefor people - like yall - look at them as the status quo of rap. He wasnt "2pac the best rapper ever in the history of the world who is a god and who was a revolutionary who created everything in the rap game and was the realest rapper ever" until he died.

2pac was considered by many to be an actor who played tough for record sales, a hypocrite and somebody that people shitted on just like people do to celebrities now - yet now hes the "realest rapper ever"?

Biggie was considered a commercialized rapper back then - yet now he's one of the greatests rappers ever, based on 2 albums? Skill wise there were always mc's better than them. It's clear that guys like yall have a selective memory. Yall remember what yall wanna remember.

It's common though. Because of the "event" the dickriders come out but either to dumb to realize they dont know wtf they're talking about or that they just swallowed by the hype and dickriding-ism. Reminds me of all 300 rappers that were "supposed to be in the car/party with 2pac/Big".

You must have been born after 1997.

Before 1995, 2Pac was really popular, but in more of an Xzibit, Kurupt type of way. If you asked the average fan, they'd tell you 2Pac was really good, but he was drowned out by Ice Cube and Snoop Doggy Dogg, both of whom were extremely controversial and really gangsta. 2Pac wasn't gangsta at first. He had a core fan base who basically thought he was the greatest rapper out and everyone was sleeping on him. That was 2Pac pre-1995.

In December 1995, Power 106 dropped California Love on the radio, I think it was just after Christmas if I remember correctly. I had recorded it on tape because the DJ spent a whole hour teasing a brand new 2Pac song featuring Dr. Dre, and I was flipping out because 'Pac had been rumored to join Death Row for the last 2 and a half years. Everyone knew 2Pac was talented, but by going to Death Row he basically put himself above Snoop and Cube. From the moment All Eyez On Me dropped in February until he died, there was NO ONE bigger than 2Pac. But here is the thing, I've never seen anyone bigger than were 2Pac was. Dude was close to the Beatles level, and that's no lie. Everyone was on 2Pac's dick, people were talking about shooting Biggie on site if they see him, people were yelling Thug Life. 2Pac was bigger than Cube or Snoop every were. 2Pac was the biggest thing I had ever seen in rap, and that's no lie. I can't stress to you how big the muthaphukka was. I mean you'd think 'Pac was about to cure AIDS and ascend into heaven. And yes there was talk of him being the greatest rapper of all time, but most people were holding that title until later. Mainly because back then Hip-Hop was too new to actually have a greatest of all time. Rap music was on the radio for only 17 years, so well some people were trying say 'Pac was the GOAT, others thought Rap music was too new to have a GOAT. At least that's the conversations going on in the IE back then.

Biggie was crowned King of New York on the Source magazine in the early summer of 1995. Pre 1995, I never heard of no king titles on any coast. It wasn't thought of. Basically King of New York was a title created by the Source to show exactly were Biggie was. But to say Biggie was not up there with other great lyricists of the time, or past, is just ludicrous. That muthaphukka was on top of the East, and everyone I knew though of Bad Boy as basically the Death Row of the East. Puffy did two things that were genius, he marketed Bad Boy as a brand like Death Row did in LA, and he and Biggie built up this King image for Biggie. And people in New York bought it, they bought it HARD. Biggie was New York, he didn't go work with Dr. Dre like Nas did in 1996 during the coastal wars, he didn't need 100 people like Wu Tang, he was relevant unlike KRS-One or Rakim at the time. Biggie had enough skills to sell to New York to be king, and him and Puffy sold the shit out of him as king.

But to say they were never considered the greatest rapper, well that's right and wrong. Back then Hip-Hop was considered too new to call anyone GOAT, but both had the fans when they were alive calling both the GOAT. Basically 'Pac's core fans from 1991-1995 really got into 'Pac in 1996 and they were the first to call him GOAT. Every care fan of 'Pac I knew in 1996 was basically calling him GOAT. Of course you have core Canibus fans still saying Canibus beat Eminem in a battle, so you always took that with a grain of salt. It was after his death that the rest of the west bought into it. After his death, it's like, okay now I feel okay calling him the GOAT.

Biggie was called the GOAT right after he died by New Yorkers to counter the west calling 2Pac the GOAT after his death. It's almost like my dead rapper is better than your dead rapper. It was very weird. After a while, most of New York started saying Rakim, or KRS-One was the GOAT, but I don't think most in New York really thought about who was GOAT pre-Biggie's death either. I mean, it's hard to call anyone GOAT with an art form so new.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 09:55:20 AM »

Uh, wasnt that my point?

You must have been born after 1997.

Before 1995, 2Pac was really popular, but in more of an Xzibit, Kurupt type of way. If you asked the average fan, they'd tell you 2Pac was really good, but he was drowned out by Ice Cube and Snoop Doggy Dogg, both of whom were extremely controversial and really gangsta. 2Pac wasn't gangsta at first. He had a core fan base who basically thought he was the greatest rapper out and everyone was sleeping on him. That was 2Pac pre-1995.

In December 1995, Power 106 dropped California Love on the radio, I think it was just after Christmas if I remember correctly. I had recorded it on tape because the DJ spent a whole hour teasing a brand new 2Pac song featuring Dr. Dre, and I was flipping out because 'Pac had been rumored to join Death Row for the last 2 and a half years. Everyone knew 2Pac was talented, but by going to Death Row he basically put himself above Snoop and Cube. From the moment All Eyez On Me dropped in February until he died, there was NO ONE bigger than 2Pac. But here is the thing, I've never seen anyone bigger than were 2Pac was. Dude was close to the Beatles level, and that's no lie. Everyone was on 2Pac's dick, people were talking about shooting Biggie on site if they see him, people were yelling Thug Life. 2Pac was bigger than Cube or Snoop every were. 2Pac was the biggest thing I had ever seen in rap, and that's no lie. I can't stress to you how big the muthaphukka was. I mean you'd think 'Pac was about to cure AIDS and ascend into heaven. And yes there was talk of him being the greatest rapper of all time, but most people were holding that title until later. Mainly because back then Hip-Hop was too new to actually have a greatest of all time. Rap music was on the radio for only 17 years, so well some people were trying say 'Pac was the GOAT, others thought Rap music was too new to have a GOAT. At least that's the conversations going on in the IE back then.

Biggie was crowned King of New York on the Source magazine in the early summer of 1995. Pre 1995, I never heard of no king titles on any coast. It wasn't thought of. Basically King of New York was a title created by the Source to show exactly were Biggie was. But to say Biggie was not up there with other great lyricists of the time, or past, is just ludicrous. That muthaphukka was on top of the East, and everyone I knew though of Bad Boy as basically the Death Row of the East. Puffy did two things that were genius, he marketed Bad Boy as a brand like Death Row did in LA, and he and Biggie built up this King image for Biggie. And people in New York bought it, they bought it HARD. Biggie was New York, he didn't go work with Dr. Dre like Nas did in 1996 during the coastal wars, he didn't need 100 people like Wu Tang, he was relevant unlike KRS-One or Rakim at the time. Biggie had enough skills to sell to New York to be king, and him and Puffy sold the shit out of him as king.

But to say they were never considered the greatest rapper, well that's right and wrong. Back then Hip-Hop was considered too new to call anyone GOAT, but both had the fans when they were alive calling both the GOAT. Basically 'Pac's core fans from 1991-1995 really got into 'Pac in 1996 and they were the first to call him GOAT. Every care fan of 'Pac I knew in 1996 was basically calling him GOAT. Of course you have core Canibus fans still saying Canibus beat Eminem in a battle, so you always took that with a grain of salt. It was after his death that the rest of the west bought into it. After his death, it's like, okay now I feel okay calling him the GOAT.

Biggie was called the GOAT right after he died by New Yorkers to counter the west calling 2Pac the GOAT after his death. It's almost like my dead rapper is better than your dead rapper. It was very weird. After a while, most of New York started saying Rakim, or KRS-One was the GOAT, but I don't think most in New York really thought about who was GOAT pre-Biggie's death either. I mean, it's hard to call anyone GOAT with an art form so new.

So even though i repeatedly keep saying..whatever. Smh.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 10:13:26 AM »
Just wanted to let you know, that pre-death 'Pac was being called GOAT, and honestly the only person I heard being called GOAT. Of course at the time it was his core fans. You made it seem like he died and we then thought he was Jesus. But at the time, honestly no one was being talked about GOAT because at the time even then we thought the culture was too young. The argument of GOAT started in 1996 after 'Pac died and everyone on the west felt like they had seen the Greatest die. Also, it was an end of the century thing, as everyone was putting out list in the late 90's talking about the best of the century. People were ranking presidents, people were ranking boxers, rappers, rock albums, rock bands, so it was natural that after 'Pac and Big died that you saw rankings. Source called Rakim the GOAT, BET called 2Pac the GOAT, XXL called 2Pac the GOAT.

So I'm just letting you know, you make it seem like 'Pac was just doing his thing, people ignored him and then he died and people cared. Nah, he was at a higher place than ever. 2Pac was straight up at a higher level lyrically, street buzz, energy, song writing, battling, than any other rapper in the history of rap. For 2 years 2Pac was the greatest rapper than ever lived. Straight up.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 03:40:30 PM »
snoop the only rapper on the same level as michael jackson globally...

everybody across the earth knows 1 michael jackson song...jus like they kno a snoop song...

snoop is bigger than pac biggie...n everybody else in the rap game...career wise...snoop the 2nd greatest black male entertainer...behind michael...snoop is bigger than rap...

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 05:59:34 AM »
Just wanted to let you know, that pre-death 'Pac was being called GOAT, and honestly the only person I heard being called GOAT. Of course at the time it was his core fans. You made it seem like he died and we then thought he was Jesus. But at the time, honestly no one was being talked about GOAT because at the time even then we thought the culture was too young. The argument of GOAT started in 1996 after 'Pac died and everyone on the west felt like they had seen the Greatest die. Also, it was an end of the century thing, as everyone was putting out list in the late 90's talking about the best of the century. People were ranking presidents, people were ranking boxers, rappers, rock albums, rock bands, so it was natural that after 'Pac and Big died that you saw rankings. Source called Rakim the GOAT, BET called 2Pac the GOAT, XXL called 2Pac the GOAT.

So I'm just letting you know, you make it seem like 'Pac was just doing his thing, people ignored him and then he died and people cared. Nah, he was at a higher place than ever. 2Pac was straight up at a higher level lyrically, street buzz, energy, song writing, battling, than any other rapper in the history of rap. For 2 years 2Pac was the greatest rapper than ever lived. Straight up.

Ohhh okay, trolling i see..got me there.

RxScenester

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • cold chillen
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 10:14:01 AM »
Yep.  Snoop's global.  Always been a fan even through all those pop jams that I wasn't too into.  But foolio can do whatever he wants.  Eventually he comes around back to the jams I enjoy.  Pretty cool how your son loves snoop now.

Blood$

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 10:22:35 AM »

everybody across the earth knows 1 michael jackson song...jus like they kno a snoop song...

snoop is bigger than pac biggie...n everybody else in the rap game...career wise...snoop the 2nd greatest black male entertainer...behind michael...snoop is bigger than rap...

on point, only other rapper as globally known from what I've seen going to other countries is Eminem

Heinz

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 10:29:04 AM »

You have a point but I think Snoop is far from MJ's status.
Doubt that many people know Snoops music they only recognize his face.
He is like a human cartoon character.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 11:40:23 AM »

...now today that same guy is being featured in kids movies like TURBO!  Guess Snoop has really came full circle, props to him

Say what? When All Eyez on Me dropped 2pac was the biggest rap star by far. And Biggie was king of NY, undisputed. Who was bigger than them at the time?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 12:04:14 PM »

...now today that same guy is being featured in kids movies like TURBO!  Guess Snoop has really came full circle, props to him

Say what? When All Eyez on Me dropped 2pac was the biggest rap star by far. And Biggie was king of NY, undisputed. Who was bigger than them at the time?

His last post, he admitted he was trolling.

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 01:43:42 PM »

Lol I didn't make it that far.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 06:11:13 AM »

Lol I didn't make it that far.

And you believe him? I said HE's trolling.