Author Topic: Nas is the only one who shoulda dropped a response to Kendrick......  (Read 1073 times)

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Nas is the only one who shoulda dropped a response to Kendrick......
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 05:29:26 PM »
Even Rae says it

http://iaslifestyles.blogspot.com/2013/08/raekwon-says-kendrick-lamar-is-not-king.html

This is comin from a dude who used to not even fuck wit Big and been cool wit Nas from day 1.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 05:37:47 PM »
NAH. Nas is a grown fucking man. I'm sure he would want the younger cats to reply. Nas isn't going to take that personal.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 05:40:47 PM »
It ain't about respect, Nas the best and most consisten rapper currently in new york.. Lloyd banks could be the most respected, for all I care-
shit still don't make him the king.

I would agree with you but Nas aint the best or most consistent rapper in NY. Shit Rae been more consistent than him, Mega, Pharaohe Monch, AZ, OC. Its a bunch of 90s era rappers that came out when he did who never put out no Quick To Back Down radio trash or weak albums like Nastradamus.
cause If I dont who will

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 06:47:56 PM »
Yup.  Everything prior to Stillmatic was terribly inconsistent.  One day, he's hailed as the second coming of Rakim after dropping one of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time, the next day, he's doing some mainstream shit, then he tried to get back on his original shit, then he's making corny songs with Ginuwine.  "Consistent" is not one of the words I'd ever have used to describe Nas.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 07:16:05 PM »
Yup.  Everything prior to Stillmatic was terribly inconsistent.  One day, he's hailed as the second coming of Rakim after dropping one of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time, the next day, he's doing some mainstream shit, then he tried to get back on his original shit, then he's making corny songs with Ginuwine.  "Consistent" is not one of the words I'd ever have used to describe Nas.

Shit even now his last 3 albums have all been subpar. Jay aint the only one puttin out mediocre shit and gettin praised for it. Nas is right there with him.
cause If I dont who will

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 10:10:00 AM »
lol yall need 2 start givin nas the respect he deserves....13 albums and maybe 1 or 2 are average. the rest range from good to classic. no rapper on the east has his track record- he is the king....and even if kendrick was quoting kurupt, nas, as the king of new york, should still have somethin to say.

it's like if kevin durant said "i'm the best player in LA"......i'm sure kobe would have something 2 say, old or not :laugh:

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 11:15:58 AM »

Shit even now his last 3 albums have all been subpar. Jay aint the only one puttin out mediocre shit and gettin praised for it. Nas is right there with him.

Lmao get outta here with that. All those albums have classic songs, and Untitled is arguably Nas' 2nd best album.

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2013, 11:19:23 AM »

Nastradamus was def his weakest album and I was pretty much done with him at that point (although the title track bangs). Ever since stillmatic he had released nothing but quality albums. You act like he's still doing tracks like "u owe me" as singles. That was 14 years ago lol.

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 11:22:24 AM »
lol yall need 2 start givin nas the respect he deserves....13 albums and maybe 1 or 2 are average. the rest range from good to classic. no rapper on the east has his track record- he is the king....and even if kendrick was quoting kurupt, nas, as the king of new york, should still have somethin to say.

it's like if kevin durant said "i'm the best player in LA"......i'm sure kobe would have something 2 say, old or not :laugh:

I agree with your first paragraph. I really don't think Nas needs to respond, it wasn't directed at him, Kendrick was callin out these young cats. Nas is watching these kids play in the sandbox, he doesn't need to get in there with them.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 11:29:45 AM »

I agree with your first paragraph. I really don't think Nas needs to respond, it wasn't directed at him, Kendrick was callin out these young cats. Nas is watching these kids play in the sandbox, he doesn't need to get in there with them.

i know where u comin from, but if i'm nas, i'm takin that "i'm the king of new york" line personal

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 12:25:12 PM »

i know where u comin from, but if i'm nas, i'm takin that "i'm the king of new york" line personal

Think what you want those artists I named have literally no filler they whole careers. As for Nas respondin to the line he's not. Nas is passive. Jay and Bleek was throwin subliminals at him for a minute durin the feud and he was stayin quiet. Prodigy kept tellin him they needed go back at em n he wouldn't. It wasnt till SJ that he had to reply after Jay dissed him in front of thousands. So he not gonna say or do shit. Jay will say something before he do.
cause If I dont who will