Author Topic: LOL@ Eminem on ESPN  (Read 470 times)

Elano The One And Only

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
LOL@ Eminem on ESPN
« on: September 08, 2013, 04:00:29 AM »

Why anyone thought it would be a good idea to have ESPN broadcasters interview Eminem about his new album is beyond me, but it happened, and it was as terribly awkward as you’d imagine it to be. Actually, it was like watching a train derail into a school bus full of kittens.

Eminem stares aimlessly off camera as Brett Musburger attempts to string together words about this Eminem character he knows nothing about. “KIDS THESE DAYS,” Musburger thinks. ”What a pleasure for Herbie and me to introduce Marshall Mather,” Musburger says.

Musburger has to ask more questions: ”So was that the great Rick Rubin who was helping to produce that with you, Marshall, when you did that?” Not a good question? Ok, how bout we try this one: “How long does it take you to shoot a video like that?”

Oh, hey, it’s Kirk Herbstreit’s turn:”What are you most excited about with the new album” “Nothing,” Eminem replies.

Musburger tries again:”One final question before you leave, will the Lions cover four-and-a-half tomorrow against Minnesota?” Eminem replies, “I’m a diehard Lions fan to the core, yes they’ll win.”

And that was that.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddG1djiwWLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ddG1djiwWLU</a>

me1

Re: LOL@ Eminem on ESPN
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 07:57:01 AM »
What's awkward for me is hearing people talk about how awkward it was.

Dude was clowning around at the beginning, that's all. It was by design

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 10:13:48 AM »
there's already a billion threads on this alone-o

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 10:27:18 AM »
LOL@eminem
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 12:37:33 PM »
Eminem was clearly just playing around and the guys in the booth seem to take it in stride. I think all parties involved treated it like, it's Eminem, what'd you expect? LOL. I thought it was funny, and then Em actually talked some real football for a little bit. It was a good bit, IF you knew what to expect.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 02:54:33 PM »
Pretty interesting he said "nothing excites me about the album other than to be done with it". Never mind what implications you may draw about how that plays into the content, but just makes you wonder what Jimmy hangs over Marshall's clearly uninspired head to make him go on with it.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 04:48:03 PM »
Pretty interesting he said "nothing excites me about the album other than to be done with it". Never mind what implications you may draw about how that plays into the content, but just makes you wonder what Jimmy hangs over Marshall's clearly uninspired head to make him go on with it.
he said the same thing bout mmlp.. he just likes being a clown

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 05:16:05 AM »
he said the same thing bout mmlp.. he just likes being a clown

yeah, its pretty obvious he would be clownin again with the sequel release, specially when bleachin his hair again - good for Em, always better than wearing his hood down to his nose, screaming to teenage girls about addiction - he fucked his credibility in my eyes for that, when he was coming up first he was sure more natural - it was also about money, but now i think its more of actin than his actual state of mind

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »
Not only that, he got tired of the Lions incompetence years ago & actually likes Dallas instead.  He was even cool with jerry jones.  Sadly Jerry is just as incompetent as an owner as William Clay Ford.  But with Eminem you never know.  He says he makes up half the stuff he says just to get people mad.  Hopefully he's a michigan fan.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 11:42:10 PM »
Eminem was clearly just playing around and the guys in the booth seem to take it in stride. I think all parties involved treated it like, it's Eminem, what'd you expect? LOL. I thought it was funny, and then Em actually talked some real football for a little bit. It was a good bit, IF you knew what to expect.

Exactly.  Em always does shit like that in interviews.  He's been doin that for years.  Sometimes he even breaks off into some alter-ego accent personalities and shit like that.  It's basically his way of saying that the interview is too contrived, and Em's not the type to just play along.

Also, it's not really an environment he's comfortable in.  And when Musburger called him a legend I think it really surprised him.  Because, he went from being the bad-guy in mainstream America to now suddenly gaining widespread acceptance.  And he's not comfortable in that role, he's much more comfortable being the bad-guy or the center of controversy.  He still doesn't know what to make of the post-8 mile era.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 11:52:50 PM »

no it's not that.. hip-hop is Em's life.  He wouldn't know what else to do if he wasn't recording music.  I think he knew after 8-Mile that he had hit his peek, and even hinted towards retirement as far back as the Eminem Show (tracks like the spectacular "Say Goodbye to Hollywood" and "Business", and in interviews for the album when he said he would retire once he was no longer improving and getting better each album, etc.).  But the bottom line is he wouldn't know what else to do if he wasn't recording.  So he's going to continue to put out the best shit he can.  And even an Em past his prime is still better than most.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Remedy360

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 12:57:15 AM »
What's awkward for me is hearing people talk about how awkward it was.

Dude was clowning around at the beginning, that's all. It was by design

Exactly, people making something out of nothing, as usual. He was clearly just clowning around like usual and it was obvious to the guys in the booth. Dude even went out of his way to compliment Musburger.