Author Topic: Seatle Mariners look like a highschool baseball team..  (Read 398 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Seatle Mariners look like a highschool baseball team..
« on: September 04, 2013, 07:49:12 PM »
can't believe the size of their hitters
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Remedy360

Re: Seatle Mariners look like a highschool baseball team..
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 10:31:33 AM »
You know, I was going to start taking shots right off the bat, but I'll bite..a number of our hitters like Ackley, Miller, Franklin, are under-sized. Half of the team was brought up from AAA this year so you're also talking about a bunch of guys in their early 20's. It's been another disappointing year for us, so they're obviously an easy team to take shots at. Now, what was the intended purpose of this thread?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 12:32:32 PM »
at least you guys have jesus monte....oops ;)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 01:45:58 PM »
You know, I was going to start taking shots right off the bat, but I'll bite..a number of our hitters like Ackley, Miller, Franklin, are under-sized. Half of the team was brought up from AAA this year so you're also talking about a bunch of guys in their early 20's. It's been another disappointing year for us, so they're obviously an easy team to take shots at. Now, what was the intended purpose of this thread?

I assure you this thread is not a part of some grand conspiracy.... nothing more than talking sports on a sports forum, pretty harmless.

...The Royals just finished a three game set with the Mariners, so it was my first time really seeing them this year.   And their hitters really need to hit up the gym and grow a few inches.  This is 2013.  They don't really fit the profile of the modern athlete.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »

I assure you this thread is not a part of some grand conspiracy.... nothing more than talking sports on a sports forum, pretty harmless.

...The Royals just finished a three game set with the Mariners, so it was my first time really seeing them this year.   And their hitters really need to hit up the gym and grow a few inches.  This is 2013.  They don't really fit the profile of the modern athlete.

Lol I was calling you out for the specific reason of talking shit. As I said, they probably have the youngest roster in the league, a lot of those guys are going to fill out over-time, it's pretty natural.

MistaNova

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 04:50:35 PM »
How can the M's be the youngest team if they're employing Raul Ibanez and if teams like the Marlins and Astros exist?

I think Pineda was one of the tallest players the Mariners had in recent memory. I remember how when Pineda first got traded to the Yankees a reporter said that he and Sabathia could be the "Twin Towers" (they're both 6'7" according to google) and a bunch of people got butt-hurt about it.

Remedy360

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 05:22:28 PM »
How can the M's be the youngest team if they're employing Raul Ibanez and if teams like the Marlins and Astros exist?

I think Pineda was one of the tallest players the Mariners had in recent memory. I remember how when Pineda first got traded to the Yankees a reporter said that he and Sabathia could be the "Twin Towers" (they're both 6'7" according to google) and a bunch of people got butt-hurt about it.

I don't feel I need to explain that one to you, chief.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 03:22:10 PM »
Seattle should trade King Felix while he's still good, no need to rot away in obscurity

Remedy360

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 04:59:06 PM »
Seattle should trade King Felix while he's still good, no need to rot away in obscurity

If we were going to trade him it woulda already happened, his value only decreases with age. Also, fuck you.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 10:41:50 PM »
 8)