Author Topic: Magic Johnson: "Michael Jordan couldn't run a team like I could"  (Read 2656 times)

Sccit

Re: Magic Johnson: "Michael Jordan couldn't run a team like I could"
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 01:04:49 PM »
in essence, he's saying he's the better overall player

which is blasphemy.  Jordan was better in every way.  But Jordan didn't need to throw pussy assists when he could run down the lane 1-5 and just start dunking on niccaz!!

lol hold up

magic was a far better team player who was much more versatile on offense.. a 6'9" guy that could rebound like a big man and bring it up the court/run the break better than any traditional point guard ever..and those "pussy assists" aka a bitchmade way of referring to magic's GOAT passing game was what made the Lakers the premier team in the 80's and what helped extend Kareem's legendary career for an extra 5 years, at least.

michael jordan was able to go 1-on-5, yes...but he was not able to make those around him better and run the show the way magic did, and thats another dimension of being great. so naah, it aint blasphemy, and if u followed magic's career, then u'd know that already.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2013, 05:34:12 PM »

which is blasphemy.  Jordan was better in every way.  But Jordan didn't need to throw pussy assists when he could run down the lane 1-5 and just start dunking on niccaz!!

lol hold up

magic was a far better team player who was much more versatile on offense.. a 6'9" guy that could rebound like a big man and bring it up the court/run the break better than any traditional point guard ever..and those "pussy assists" aka a bitchmade way of referring to magic's GOAT passing game was what made the Lakers the premier team in the 80's and what helped extend Kareem's legendary career for an extra 5 years, at least.

michael jordan was able to go 1-on-5, yes...but he was not able to make those around him better and run the show the way magic did, and thats another dimension of being great. so naah, it aint blasphemy, and if u followed magic's career, then u'd know that already.

Come on homie... you were what, 2, 3 years old when Magic was doin his thing?  So you can't tell me about following his career.  At least I was old enough to catch the last couple years of his career as an active fan of the NBA.  But bottom liine is niether of us were really old enough to know Magic's career that well...

And I still stand by my statement.  I don't know another way to say it, but I will try.   It's impossible to get an assist and score at the same time.  You have to choose one or another.  And a real-ass G is gonna go ahead and score and take the glory like a true G should.. while a pussy ass - chearleading nicca is gonna be like, "Yeaaah, go team, I will pass you the ball so everyone can touch it and we can all have fun and share in this joyful experience"... naw nicca, fuck that.. Jordan is taking that shit and scoring when Paxson and Longley and the rest of dem niccaz didn't have the balls to sieze da moment

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »
NIK was like 4 or 5 when Magic retired...clearly enough to be 100% sure about everything Magic/Jordan related  :laugh:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
NIK was like 4 or 5 when Magic retired...clearly enough to be 100% sure about everything Magic/Jordan related  :laugh:

Shit.. when I was 5 years old I remember the older heads on the block used to call me Danny Manning and my brother Michael Jordan.  I used to argue with people that Danny Manning was better than Jordan and didn't even know the difference between NBA and College.  I also thought the WWF was real and that Rocky Balboa was the real heavyweight boxing Champion.

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2013, 06:12:54 PM »

which is blasphemy.  Jordan was better in every way.  But Jordan didn't need to throw pussy assists when he could run down the lane 1-5 and just start dunking on niccaz!!

lol hold up

Come on homie... you were what, 2, 3 years old when Magic was doin his thing?  So you can't tell me about following his career.  At least I was old enough to catch the last couple years of his career as an active fan of the NBA.  But bottom liine is niether of us were really old enough to know Magic's career that well...

And I still stand by my statement.  I don't know another way to say it, but I will try.   It's impossible to get an assist and score at the same time.  You have to choose one or another.  And a real-ass G is gonna go ahead and score and take the glory like a true G should.. while a pussy ass - chearleading nicca is gonna be like, "Yeaaah, go team, I will pass you the ball so everyone can touch it and we can all have fun and share in this joyful experience"... naw nicca, fuck that.. Jordan is taking that shit and scoring when Paxson and Longley and the rest of dem niccaz didn't have the balls to sieze da moment

lol that's great and all but I've followed magic through watchin old tapes, reading books, documentaries, etc... I'm sure u know more about Eldridge cleaver than I do, but that's from reading his shit. U didn't have to be alive at the time to understand his greatness.. And you, homie, do not understand the greatness of Magic Johnson

Thing is, magic could score AND pass... Its not like he was a pass only player. He just did what it took for his team to win, and that was fill every role based on what was needed. The Showtime Lakers would shit on the 90s Bulls wit the quickness.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:18:29 PM by NIKCC »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2013, 06:27:15 PM »

lol that's great and all but I've followed magic through watchin old tapes, reading books, documentaries, etc... I'm sure u know more about Eldridge cleaver than I do, but that's from reading his shit. U didn't have to be alive at the time to understand his greatness..

point taken (although I've also gone back and watched a lot of old film)

And you, homie, do not understand the greatness of Magic Johnson

I understand his greatness.  And we can talk about his greatness all day as long as you leave Jordan out of it.   I'm cool with Jordan, Magic, and Birds names being grouped together because that was my favorite era of all time... but it's blasphemy to start saying that Magic was equal or better than Jordan in any way.

Thing is, magic could score AND pass... Its not like he was a pass only player. He just did what it took for his team to win, and that was fill every role based on what was needed. The Showtime Lakers would shit on the 90s Bulls wit the quickness.

You mean like they shit on Jordan and the Bulls in the 91 Finals?  In the words of Jordan, "Sorry Showtime"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2013, 06:31:37 PM »
so basically you've learned about Magic from biased documentaries?  makes sense Nikki

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2013, 11:28:41 PM »

lol that's great and all but I've followed magic through watchin old tapes, reading books, documentaries, etc... I'm sure u know more about Eldridge cleaver than I do, but that's from reading his shit. U didn't have to be alive at the time to understand his greatness..

point taken (although I've also gone back and watched a lot of old film)

And you, homie, do not understand the greatness of Magic Johnson

I understand his greatness.  And we can talk about his greatness all day as long as you leave Jordan out of it.   I'm cool with Jordan, Magic, and Birds names being grouped together because that was my favorite era of all time... but it's blasphemy to start saying that Magic was equal or better than Jordan in any way.

You mean like they shit on Jordan and the Bulls in the 91 Finals?  In the words of Jordan, "Sorry Showtime"

magic is the GOAT in my eyes, but i have no problem with jordan bein called GOAT either...and the only thing that's blasphemy is denying magic had better court-vision, passing game, was the better facilitator, rebounder, more efficient and was just more of an all-around player on offense than jordan. he did more for the lakers than mj did for the bulls...like i said, he single-handedly won the championship as a rookie, scoring 42 points when forced to replace kareem in the starting line-up..imagine if he was thrusted into a role like jordan's from day 1, where he was forced to be a score first player. he would be far more glorified as an individual...but the fact remains, magic did things on the court that couldn't be duplicated, by any1...as for 91 finals, Lakers won game 1 and were favorites to win the series. next thing u know, worthy got injured in game 1 and the rest was history...but still, that was post-showtime lakers....showtime lakers from the mid-80s with kareem woulda destroyed any bulls team, it wouldn't even be fair...trust me.

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2013, 11:32:29 PM »
so basically you've learned about Magic from biased documentaries?  makes sense Nikki

what are u supposed 2 be, like a spectator or somethin?

either join the discussion or stfu godamn lmao

Mietek23

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »
which is blasphemy.  Jordan was better in every way.  But Jordan didn't need to throw pussy assists when he could run down the lane 1-5 and just start dunking on niccaz!!

Dude, chill the fuck out and show some respect to the Greatest Point Guard ever. Comparing Magic to Jordan makes no sense - they are different players with different style of play. These two along with Larry Bird are a part of NBA's "Holy Trinity" - if it wasen't for them, this league will be nowhere near where it is now. They made the game of basketball what it is today.

i have no problem with jordan bein called GOAT either...

It's funny you said that, after trying to downplay MJ's accomplishments in every thread possible around here :)

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2013, 04:36:19 PM »

Dude, chill the fuck out and show some respect to the Greatest Point Guard ever. Comparing Magic to Jordan makes no sense - they are different players with different style of play. These two along with Larry Bird are a part of NBA's "Holy Trinity" - if it wasen't for them, this league will be nowhere near where it is now. They made the game of basketball what it is today.

i have no problem with jordan bein called GOAT either...

It's funny you said that, after trying to downplay MJ's accomplishments in every thread possible around here :)

The only problem I have is that the marketting media has brainwashed the masses and got the sheeple thinkin Jordan is on a level of his own, when he's really just a great in a line of greats who were all the absolute best at what they did

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2013, 05:30:37 PM »
NIK would believe nazi propaganda if it somehow mentions Kobe and Magic are better than Jordan

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2013, 07:57:21 PM »
NIK would believe nazi propaganda if it somehow mentions Kobe and Magic are better than Jordan

lol u ever heard the outro to dubee's "my thang"? thats about u, brobro

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2013, 08:32:51 PM »
I think the most interesting part of where this quote goes & those who support Magic > MJ is...

Pretty much if you went through this thread & replaced "Magic" with LeBron & "MJ" with Kobe, it would be pretty much the same discussion. Just kind of a funny angle coming from NIK. The only difference is if you did replace those names, the ball-distribution & leadership, which makes "Magic better than MJ" is somehow, some way, wildly & awkwardly changed to "deferring". I don't plan on spending countless threads this 2014 season debating about LeBron's greatness, it's all but proven...I just don't understand the inconsistency of Magic's attributes (that Magic himself...and countless others...admits LeBron has) are all but negatives when you change the name to "James".

But in essence, from this thread & it's points, you can say LeBron > Kobe...and LeBron scores better than Magic & is a better defender...so let's just all accept the true GOAT. 8)

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2013, 08:35:09 PM »
I think the most interesting part of where this quote goes & those who support Magic > MJ is...

Pretty much if you went through this thread & replaced "Magic" with LeBron & "MJ" with Kobe, it would be pretty much the same discussion. Just kind of a funny angle coming from NIK. The only difference is if you did replace those names, the ball-distribution & leadership, which makes "Magic better than MJ" is somehow, some way, wildly & awkwardly changed to "deferring". I don't plan on spending countless threads this 2014 season debating about LeBron's greatness, it's all but proven...I just don't understand the inconsistency of Magic's attributes (that Magic himself...and countless others...admits LeBron has) are all but negatives when you change the name to "James".

But in essence, from this thread & it's points, you can say LeBron > Kobe...and LeBron scores better than Magic & is a better defender...so let's just all accept the true GOAT. 8)

yea...only magic has 5 rings in a shortened career, which can rival mj's count, while lebron still has 1 1/2

lebron's passing, facilitating, and overall leadership game is also NOWHERE near magic's.....nice try, tho