Author Topic: Who were the key players behind each of Pac's albums since his death?  (Read 2180 times)

Sccit

Re: Who were the key players behind each of Pac's albums since his death?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 02:36:33 PM »
man, yall shoulda seen how bad "better dayz" was slammed on here when it was first released. people HATED that shit....i personally thought it was pretty good, nothing like his other work, but definitely had some nice cuts....but the only posthumous release that was worse, in my eyes, was "loyal to the game", which was average at best. i dont even count "pac's life" as a real pac album.

Blood$

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 03:16:25 PM »
Pac's Life had a few good ones on it, but Loyal To The Game should have been done totally different

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2013, 03:52:37 PM »
the only things i liked about Pac's Life is that they left Soon I As Get Home on there (because they didn't have the acapella) and the remix of Um Dumpin was great except for that gay chorus

only good thins about Loyal to the Game were the Loyal to the Game remix with Quik and Big Syke and a few of Eminem's beats were dope (Uppercut, Black Cotton and the Soulja song)

but the guests were horrible on both CD's for the most part.  specifically Ludacris, Chamillionaire, G-Unit, Lil Scrappy T.I. and Obie Trice all rapping on songs with 2pac?? get the fuck outta here, those people had nothing to do with 2pac. and none of them were even in the same circles of rappers Pac was working with while he was alive.

I can get down with Bone Thugs, Fatal, Nuttso, the Outlawz and Snoop being added to Pac's shit.  And obviously the same with DJ Quik and members of Thug Life (Syke specifically but Mopreme would be accepted too).  But hearing a nobody-ass rapper like GRAVY rapping alongside with 2pac and Kadafi on the Untouchable remix is absurd.  Just a coincidence that Gravy went on to play Biggie in the Notorious movie (true story)...but as a rapper I never hearda dude before that CD and never heard of him after besides that movie and him being shot a few years ago.

V2DHeart

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 02:04:39 AM »
That is why we won't see any more Pac albums. No money to be made.

Only thing left to do is release the original versions in CDQ. That may well be the smartest move in hip hop music for the last few years as the sales would go through the roof. I can imagine a big boxset with all untouched originals selling into the millions.

It wouldn't, plus they would never commercially release such a project because of that and because of the fact that it would cost too much to clear samples. It isn't even about money anymore for sample clearance but can be blocked by stubborn labels if your name has been blackballed in the industry.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2013, 01:00:25 PM »
i wonder why they released all his posthumous work as double discs? imagine, they coulda split all those into 2 releases instead of 1, which woulda seemed even more impressive.

very true but R U Still Down was worthy of being a double disc CD.  That was one of the most amazing Pac albums and I actually prefer it to Strictly 4 My Niggaz.
8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2013, 01:03:35 PM »
NOBODY wanted to hear Lil Moo rape 2pac songs.

That was one of the worst remixes ever made for a Tupac song - can't believe QD3 took the OG beat and put this trash instead ???

The version from "Too Gangsta For Radio" was perfect beat-wise, but they should left Val Young on that hook 8)
og in current rotation.  8) qd3 and tupac shoulda did an album together they were like a snoop and dre. all his unreleased shoulda been released in og form.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »
That is why we won't see any more Pac albums. No money to be made.

Only thing left to do is release the original versions in CDQ. That may well be the smartest move in hip hop music for the last few years as the sales would go through the roof. I can imagine a big boxset with all untouched originals selling into the millions.

It wouldn't, plus they would never commercially release such a project because of that and because of the fact thatit would cost too much to clear samples. It isn't even about money anymore for sample clearance but can be blocked by stubborn labels if your name has been blackballed in the industry.

I used to think that too, but what would have been the most expensive + hardest sample to clear would have been Liberian Girl by Michael Jackson for 'Thug N Me' but was actually cleared for 'Letter 2 My Unborn' so that can't be the reason. What other sample would have caused problems? Only realistic one would be the Prince sample for 'Pac's Life' but again, Prince was sampled + cleared for 'Heartz Of Men'. And the originals are 18 years old, so the original samples are approximately 25 years old and I'm sure that counts for something in clearing samples as the old artists woild love to be relevant again. Give it 10 years (at most) and this will happen.
I truly believe that if an untouched CDQ album of original 2Pac album and a new Jay-Z album (supposedly the most relevant rap artist) dropped on the same day, I think that the 'Pac album would sell more if people knew about it. And that would say a lot about rap today.