Author Topic: Game signs with Cash Money Records  (Read 1643 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Game signs with Cash Money Records
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2013, 12:19:45 PM »
mack 10 move.....
Yup, and we see what good that did him.

did that mack 10 and glases malone cd even get attention on dubcc??

bouli77

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2013, 02:47:26 PM »
Surprised Maybach Music Group didnt try snap him up to be honest... hope gamedoesnt  goes down the route of a lot of cash money artist to be honest outside Drake Niki Wanye there aint been to many albums or promotion for the other cats just hope he doesnt become a mixtape/Hype man for Wayne,Drake,niki concerts looking back on what could have been with BLACK WALL STREET if they could have set up a label so many artists passed through that door  8)

MMG would have suited game better IMO, cinematic/grandiloquent productions, just perfect for his voice, flow and subject matter.

btw phunkydoob did you just say that game doesn't have a traditional westcoast sound ?

i don't think it's a nice move for game cause Cash Money don't do shit for their artists, none of them are bubbling except busta a little bit (i'm not talking about young money). a lot are signed and are nowhere to be heard. even tina fucking marie (rip) was signed lol. i doubt it's gonna revamp his career, if anything it's gonna put him in early retirement ala bow wow. it's a shame cause with the right musical direction he can release dope stuff, he just need to trim down the name dropping and the brown nosing (the line where he said he would lick a girl's pussy after some rapper fucked her was disgusting lol).

If he completely avoids meshing with their sound...then really nothing has changed & we're just going to get the same mediocre Game we've had since "Doctor's Advocate". But instead of him getting emotional about Dre & name dropping 50 Cent every couple of songs, he'll just rep Young Money & reference to Weezy & Drizzy every couple of songs lol.

lmao on fucking point.

MistaNova

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2013, 04:01:16 PM »
As much as people hate to admit it, Cash Money is still very much relevant.

No it's not. You're mistaking it with Young Money.

The way I see it, in house production from Cool and Dre, and loud mouth DJ Khaled promoting the hell out of his music in the South sounds like a good plan to me.

That plan has commercial failure written all over it. If he wants to be back in the spotlight again what he really needs is a made-for-the-bitches single featuring Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Drake, Tyga, and Future that uses a beat that sounds like every other popular hip hop song right now (the kind of mainstream hip hop sound that's made by a bunch of faceless guys whose beats all sound the same like Jahlil Beats, Kane Beatz, Ester Dean, Lex Lugar, K.E. On The Track, JR Rotem, Drumma Boy, etc...) that makes its billboard debut north of number 10 on the top 100 list and stays there for at least one week.

In other words if Game wants to be successful he'll need to convert into a rapper who makes club music for bitches ala Pitbull and Flo Rida. He definitely has the vocal skills to go down that route.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 08:31:16 PM »
Surprised Maybach Music Group didnt try snap him up to be honest... hope gamedoesnt  goes down the route of a lot of cash money artist to be honest outside Drake Niki Wanye there aint been to many albums or promotion for the other cats just hope he doesnt become a mixtape/Hype man for Wayne,Drake,niki concerts looking back on what could have been with BLACK WALL STREET if they could have set up a label so many artists passed through that door  8)
I was surprised myself that Ross didn't scoop him up as he's been trying to get every former G-Unit affiliate under his umbrella.

I think Black Wall Street was likely doomed from jump.  The things that make Game interesting as an artist are the same things that would make him a tough bet as a CEO.  He didn't make it through a full promotional cycle on his debut album before he started feuding with his boss and label mate.  A machine was put behind him to make him successful. Once that success hit, he cost that same machine millions by building a campaign that damaged its top acts in hopes of overthrowing it. Instead, it ended up dividing up everybody's sales and basically killing the golden goose. 

JML-G

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2013, 05:25:18 AM »
he should do album with Tyga, that might be only good thing from this deal

Portugoal

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2013, 06:11:50 AM »
How can anyone here say it's a good or a bad deal for Game? None of us know the specifics of this contract. :-\

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2013, 12:28:34 PM »
sooo sell out ass fuck...where is the game from the documentary or doctors advocate or even lax days???

doublee313

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2013, 02:27:47 PM »
Like or dislike the move, all opinion but im sure he took what made the most sense for him business wise.

But here we go again with online internet reality.

When DA came out you people complained and many of you called it wack, same thing with LAX - shit, probably even more with LAX. But now you say that you want him to
have westcoast sounding production which DA was heavy on or go back to LAX, but you guys still complained ALOT when they came out. The bottom line with internet geeks is that you guys just hate popularity & success, thats it. You just use different reasons to justify the shit.

You can up the DA thread here & see what people were saying. The same people i see saying shit here, were hating on Game &/or DA & LAX when they came out.

Another thing, nobody wants to hear westcoast production. Thats the truth. This is the same forum still stuck in the mid 90's & who seems to think 2pac is the greatest rapper & want to go back to G-Funk sound. There is no distinctive westcoast sound right now & there hasnt been for over 10 years. Also, artists have to eat. Thats their job & living. You want Game, Kendrick, Dre, Snoop or whoever to do music that please Dubcnn? Good luck with that. The irony is that you guys then say they're irrelevant now (Game, Snoop etc maybe not Kendrick), so how more irrelevant would they be if they stuck to "please Dubcnn members"-music or westcoast sound that nobody supports?

Its business & art. These cats are on major labels & have to make returns of investments.

When Kendrick was out none of you guys cared. Now you do, because of his affiliation with Dre. But then, because of his popularity some of you guys starting to dislike him because you want him to be a pseudo-westcoast gangsters ala 2pac or Death Row, even though it wasnt realistic. Just a dilluted entertaining image, look & mystique to cats like some of you.

Talk all that westcoast shit but none of you support or even talk about westcoast shit post-1996 or post Death Row affiliated stuff, yet ironically as you guys can see westcoast is starting to bubble by NOT following your guys thoughts & opinions. The last 2 westcoast rappers that blew up did NOT have a traditional westcoast sound or flow. So there's that.

I don't know what you have been reading, but most people liked DA and LAX.  After that it's been shit (aside from a few mixtape songs). 

People don't want to her West Coast beats?  Huh?  Isn't that what got The Game to fame?  Lol.  The Game needs his old producers back because it's "very clear" that he isn't good at picking tracks.  The beats are flat and nothing exciting anymore.

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »
game tryin too hard to adapt

if he would still make authentic west coast shit, he'd potentially be the king of the coast...played his cards wrong, and thats all there is 2 it

Blood$

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2013, 04:57:42 PM »
he should do album with Tyga, that might be only good thing from this deal

epic troll post lol

doublee313

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2013, 06:12:33 PM »
game tryin too hard to adapt

if he would still make authentic west coast shit, he'd potentially be the king of the coast...played his cards wrong, and thats all there is 2 it

Thank you NICC that is the honest truth.  This whole Lil' Wayne and all the other changes really turned off his old fans.  His record sales are down, and it's no very hard to figure out the formula for success.

Remedy360

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2013, 07:14:36 PM »
played his cards wrong, and thats all there is 2 it

Dude's played his cards wrong for virtually his entire career.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 08:28:46 PM »

The boos in my section were loud as fuck lol

props for that
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2013, 04:15:27 AM »
Like or dislike the move, all opinion but im sure he took what made the most sense for him business wise.

But here we go again with online internet reality.

When DA came out you people complained and many of you called it wack, same thing with LAX - shit, probably even more with LAX. But now you say that you want him to
have westcoast sounding production which DA was heavy on or go back to LAX, but you guys still complained ALOT when they came out. The bottom line with internet geeks is that you guys just hate popularity & success, thats it. You just use different reasons to justify the shit.

You can up the DA thread here & see what people were saying. The same people i see saying shit here, were hating on Game &/or DA & LAX when they came out.

Another thing, nobody wants to hear westcoast production. Thats the truth. This is the same forum still stuck in the mid 90's & who seems to think 2pac is the greatest rapper & want to go back to G-Funk sound. There is no distinctive westcoast sound right now & there hasnt been for over 10 years. Also, artists have to eat. Thats their job & living. You want Game, Kendrick, Dre, Snoop or whoever to do music that please Dubcnn? Good luck with that. The irony is that you guys then say they're irrelevant now (Game, Snoop etc maybe not Kendrick), so how more irrelevant would they be if they stuck to "please Dubcnn members"-music or westcoast sound that nobody supports?

Its business & art. These cats are on major labels & have to make returns of investments.

When Kendrick was out none of you guys cared. Now you do, because of his affiliation with Dre. But then, because of his popularity some of you guys starting to dislike him because you want him to be a pseudo-westcoast gangsters ala 2pac or Death Row, even though it wasnt realistic. Just a dilluted entertaining image, look & mystique to cats like some of you.

Talk all that westcoast shit but none of you support or even talk about westcoast shit post-1996 or post Death Row affiliated stuff, yet ironically as you guys can see westcoast is starting to bubble by NOT following your guys thoughts & opinions. The last 2 westcoast rappers that blew up did NOT have a traditional westcoast sound or flow. So there's that.

I don't know what you have been reading, but most people liked DA and LAX.  After that it's been shit (aside from a few mixtape songs).  

People don't want to her West Coast beats?  Huh?  Isn't that what got The Game to fame?  Lol.  The Game needs his old producers back because it's "very clear" that he isn't good at picking tracks.  The beats are flat and nothing exciting anymore.

Been reading what they people here said, what you mean? Complaints alot of naysayers back then too. I was around here then too so i remember it clearly.

Game did not get famous off westcoast production, quite the opposite. Game got famous as a westcoast dude with an eastcoast flow & style. His production was never westcoast like that until DA. When he first hit people whined about him not sounding westcoast enough & i see the same thing about Kendrick from time to time, yet theyre the last westcoast rappers to blow together with Odd Future, ironic or nah?

Many people here & other places have this delusion about the westcoast & what it should be. Music is music & artists are artists. The perception of the westcoast scene & it's rappers here are just hilariously funny & sad. Dont have the energy to go on about it, alot of weirdo shit though. Ask people about how the westcoast scene looks & youll either get a hilarious response or none at all because they dont even live in the same country.

The general consensus about Game that i agree though is that at times he tries to adapt way too hard that it ends up not sounding authentic. I think his strong points are his personal songs, cuz hes always been transparant so it fits. The party songs are needed in the market but it usually doesnt come off right with him imo so i agree with that part.

You should watch that Ebro vs Rap Radar video. The point he brought up about Pusha T is basically the same with Dubcc or general internet idiots.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 04:18:02 AM by PhunkyDoob »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2013, 06:38:05 PM »
mack 10 move.....
Yup, and we see what good that did him.

Bang or Ball was dope.

I'm just hoping this results in a "Bang or Ball" type project as opposed to a "Da Game is to Be Sold Not Told" type project.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"