Author Topic: War may postpone Rakim's release  (Read 228 times)

gdjone

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
War may postpone Rakim's release
« on: March 18, 2003, 06:22:55 AM »
This war IMO will set Rakims release back even further. Lord only knows when its was suppose to come out, but now they done messed around and got caught in-between this war sh$t. They need to drop it NOW.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Re:War may postpone Rakim's release
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 08:31:07 AM »
Nah, i think there gonna wait until 'If I Can't' is released and then wait for it to start to fall down the charts, not get played on MTV/radio so much, then release Ra's first single and then the album. At least thats what i'd do. But i'm sure they'll fuck up instead. ::).
I know Mellowman was saying how they wanted Ra to be on one more outside project before they release his first single but looking at release schedules there doesn't seem to be anything he could be on (unless he is secretly gonna be on The Ownerz-but that ain't out until May and i don't want to wait until June for Ra to drop). I was thinking maybe Ras Kass, but Dre would have known that wouldn't get him across to any new fans and its now delayed indefinitly,so????
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2003, 11:56:46 PM »
Fuck Aftermath...

Dre = Veteran & Westcoast Killa.

He killz anything that ain't Mtv freindly... ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2003, 12:01:52 AM by Hatesrats »

infinite59

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 12:23:48 AM »
I think Mellowman is phony and that Rakim will have the same fate as King T, Last Emporer, Hands On, Sharief, the Detox Record, Ice Cube, Chairman of the Boards, Breakups to Makeups, Hittman, Knocturnal, and a handful of other artists Dre was supposed to be behind.

Nothing against Dre though.  He's the Micheal Jordan of hip-hop.  This is just another case of Dre being Dre.

All of you people waiting for Rakim, Ice Cube and Detox better not hold your breath.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 07:24:06 AM »
I think Mellowman is phony and that Rakim will have the same fate as King T, Last Emporer, Hands On, Sharief, the Detox Record, Ice Cube, Chairman of the Boards, Breakups to Makeups, Hittman, Knocturnal, and a handful of other artists Dre was supposed to be behind.

Nothing against Dre though.  He's the Micheal Jordan of hip-hop.  This is just another case of Dre being Dre.

All of you people waiting for Rakim, Ice Cube and Detox better not hold your breath.

Word.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2003, 08:17:03 AM »
OMG :o it's been just over 3 years since his last album...that's never happend before.  ::) ::) ::)

When was the last time Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch or Slick Rick dropped an album?
(Oct '99, Oct '99, May '99)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2003, 09:02:53 AM »
OMG :o it's been just over 3 years since his last album...that's never happend before.  ::) ::) ::)

When was the last time Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch or Slick Rick dropped an album?
(Oct '99, Oct '99, May '99)

I don't think that Haj Infinite Ibrahim is talking about AN ARTIST taking so long to drop an album, it's when they are hooked up with DRE it always takes so long.  Look at all those other artists who never came out.  Then look at 50 Cent.  He signed with Shady/Aftermath and a few months later his album drops.

gdjone

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2003, 10:01:45 AM »
ya know, this is becoming sickning. The best rapper....the best producer can't seem to make the best album, they can't seem to get it right. Dre said that he wasn't going to stop until he got it right, well.....  We all know how long its been, we all are fans of Rakim, we all want Ra to get the credit he deserves but how great could this album really be. Three years in the making and they can't get it right, because if it was, it would have been released. I hear people say it takes time to perfect the music and I have no problem with that but how long did it take for "Ready to Die", "Reasonable Doubt", "Paid in Full", "Blue Print", "The Score", "Illmatic", and a shit load of other classic albums to drop. Maybe we are giving Dre to much credit, maybe they are trying to force some chemistry that aint there. Do you think if Premo or Pete Rock was producing Ra, it would take this long or not be a classic. Ra never needed content,  structure or a commercial audience, he needs raw beats, gully style. He doesn't need an album full of tricks and skits or even collabs, just let the God speak. Thats why we are fans, because of his lyrical skills that is unmatched by anyone dead or alive. I listen to Rakim everyday, that how bad it is with me and I have no doubt that when this album finally drops, it will be great but if you starving and someone throws you a cracker, it would be the best cracker you'd ever eat.