Author Topic: Snoop Dogg becomes Snoopzilla for funk project (album release date+audio)  (Read 1634 times)

Re: Snoop Dogg becomes Snoopzilla for funk project (album release date+audio)
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 04:53:43 AM »
Just when I'd wrote Snoop off he becomes mildly interesting again. Huzzah...

Will_B

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 04:56:49 AM »
Flimsy song, weak vocal, goes on forever. Snoopy Collins 3 minute outro...

I guess I heard a different song to yall

4.5/10

Okka

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 05:04:15 AM »
I wonder what's gonna be droppin' after this, a trance/house album with David Guetta?

doggfather

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 05:22:26 AM »
I wonder what's gonna be droppin' after this, a trance/house album with David Guetta?

i'm afraid that's on the way too.  :-X
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 07:43:06 AM »

after that snoop is gonna bring reggaeton back= snoopy yankee.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Okka

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 08:27:57 AM »

after that snoop is gonna bring reggaeton back= snoopy yankee.

Wouldn't suprise me. This funk shit could be dope though, if Snoop isn't singin'.

EFFeX

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2013, 08:45:59 AM »
Actually the best Snoop news in ages.

WestWestYA

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2013, 09:48:33 AM »
lol and so far no comments on euro's getting a boner because snoop is returning to funk.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 10:01:02 AM »
sad day.  Snoop Lion Reincarnation was one of the all-time great Snoop projects and it brought Snoop back to life for the first time since the Eastsidaz/Last Meal era.  My son is also going to be sad when he hears this news.  We were really hoping for another great Snoop Lion project for us to bond over.   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 11:16:40 AM »
sad day.  Snoop Lion Reincarnation was one of the all-time great Snoop projects and it brought Snoop back to life for the first time since the Eastsidaz/Last Meal era.  My son is also going to be sad when he hears this news.  We were really hoping for another great Snoop Lion project for us to bond over.   

why dont u teach ur son about funk and how it's the root of snoop's music? this'll help him get into doggystyle and the other g-funk classics....look at it as a positive. snoop doing funk >>>>> snoop doing reggae

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 11:23:20 AM »
just heard the song....beat slaps, autotune is whack, raps were nice. shoulda been a full on rap track witout all the extra singin and it woulda been an instant classic. still better than the reggae stuff, which actually somewhat grew on me.

kokane doin the hooks wit snoop rappin on these kinda beats would be epic

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »
people are  expecting a 2001era Snoop with this project, while its probably going to be similar to a CHROMEO album

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 03:58:53 PM »

why dont u teach ur son about funk and how it's the root of snoop's music? this'll help him get into doggystyle and the other g-funk classics....look at it as a positive. snoop doing funk >>>>> snoop doing reggae

Easier said then done.  My son has a mind of his own.   I tried to teach him about basketball, not interested.  I tried to teach him about Africa, not interested.  I tried to teach him about 90's hip-hop, not interested.   But for whatever reason when I taught him about Snoop's transformation from Dogg to Lion and played the album for it he just took to it naturally.  It worked out great because my Africa trips also had me on a Rasta/Reggae vibe right as Snoop was transforming into a Rasta/Reggae artist.

So because of where I'm at in my life I'd rather see Snoop stay on the Snoop Lion vibe and do another Reggae album.   

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 04:55:38 PM »

Easier said then done.  My son has a mind of his own.   I tried to teach him about basketball, not interested.  I tried to teach him about Africa, not interested.  I tried to teach him about 90's hip-hop, not interested.   But for whatever reason when I taught him about Snoop's transformation from Dogg to Lion and played the album for it he just took to it naturally.  It worked out great because my Africa trips also had me on a Rasta/Reggae vibe right as Snoop was transforming into a Rasta/Reggae artist.

So because of where I'm at in my life I'd rather see Snoop stay on the Snoop Lion vibe and do another Reggae album.   

this will make for better music...trust. but since ur son is already interested in snoop, u can tell him about the new transformation to snoopzilla and teach him how he snoop has come full-circle to his funk roots, show him doggystyle, etc. etc.

u end where u start

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 08:25:40 PM »

this will make for better music...trust. but since ur son is already interested in snoop, u can tell him about the new transformation to snoopzilla and teach him how he snoop has come full-circle to his funk roots, show him doggystyle, etc. etc.

u end where u start

There's a chance.  Because he did love Snoop's "Who Am I" video because of the dogs turning into people and then back into dogs he thought was really cool.  He also liked the Eastsidaz second album, lol.  I got a video of him dancing to one of the Tray Dee joints on there.

But even more the Snoop Lion ish had a good message for kids that you don't find in other Snoop albums.  I thought Last Meal was pretty mild but listening to it with my son I realized that it definitely isn't.