Author Topic: KC and Jojo Appreciation Thread  (Read 541 times)

Fraxxx

Re: KC and Jojo Appreciation Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 09:59:03 AM »
I was gonna come in here and be like "yeah KC and Jojo been doing it (pause) well for many years".

Then you start with "oh god KC/JJ are so much more talented and handsome than Raphael Saadiq and R Kelly, I can't possibly stomach someone telling me they prefer some other guy to my favorite artist", which you have been guilty of for years.

You just can't express yourself without coming off as creepy and square.

This.

Plus KC & Jo Jo ain't no playas like R. Kelly. He been fuckin Mr Biggs bitches for decades.
i donīt need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 11:21:30 AM »
They're creditted in The DOC's "No One Can Do It Better" album credits (best album ever). Does anybody know on what track( s) they are?
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2013, 02:28:52 PM »
Come and Get With Me (with Snoop Dogg)

LOL @ "Come and Get With Me" being a hit song.   I'm as big of a Snoop fan as anyone and even I didn't give a fuck about that song.  And that was back when I was a teenager and I would buy anything with Snoop's name on it.  

I mean, literally, I would buy anything with Snoop's name on it.  The funniest incident was when I bought The Show soundtrack just because Snoop's name was on it, and then got home and it was just a short quote from him, lol.    I got lucky though because I ended up playing it all summer of 96' and it became my favorite soundtrack of all time.  

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 02:31:54 PM by Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 02:34:42 PM »
They're creditted in The DOC's "No One Can Do It Better" album credits (best album ever). Does anybody know on what track( s) they are?

No.. that's a good piece of trivia.  I had all my album cases stolen in 2001 when I was moving apartments.  They thought the cd's were inside of there and they stole the whole tower.  So I can't look it up in the liner notes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 04:44:48 PM »
Lucy Pearl

lol... ain't no nicca eva gave a fuck about Lucy Pearl.  If Pac was still alive you would get your ass whooped for saying some shit like that... to even mention Lucy Pearl in the same breath as Pac's homies KC and JoJo

bouli77

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 04:51:03 PM »

LOL @ "Come and Get With Me" being a hit song.   I'm as big of a Snoop fan as anyone and even I didn't give a fuck about that song.  And that was back when I was a teenager and I would buy anything with Snoop's name on it.  

I mean, literally, I would buy anything with Snoop's name on it.  The funniest incident was when I bought The Show soundtrack just because Snoop's name was on it, and then got home and it was just a short quote from him, lol.    I got lucky though because I ended up playing it all summer of 96' and it became my favorite soundtrack of all time.  

look, just because you don't like the song doesn't mean it ain't a hit song, hit song = song that sold well, fact of the matter is, Come and Get With Me went gold, no K-Ci & JoJo single went gold, ever. case closed.

i can't blame you if you don't like the song, to each his own after all but I enjoy the song for what it is, a good collabo of two legends over a dope production, and Snoop actually dropped fine verses.

as for Lucy Pearl, that's a dope funky project, and even your big homie Snoop Dogg dropped a jewel with them and Q-Tip over a fat ass battlecat beat. Lol @ Pac whooping my ass because I like Lucy Pearl when dude was homies with Robbie Williams. The problem with you is that you only like KC & Jojo because they were friends with Pac, not because of their musical qualities, another of your countless inconsistencies. BTW Lucy Pearl was Raphael Saadiq's brainchild, who was also the frontman of Tony ! Toni ! Tone ! which gave Mopreme his first opportunity to break big in the industry, so I'm sure Pac was more than thankful towards Raphael Saadiq and would have endorsed Lucy Pearl just like Snoop Dogg did. Your lack of knowledge and common sense is killing me, you're too damn emotional man.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 04:53:02 PM by bouli77 »

Fraxxx

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 05:10:17 PM »

look, just because you don't like the song doesn't mean it ain't a hit song, hit song = song that sold well, fact of the matter is, Come and Get With Me went gold, no K-Ci & JoJo single went gold, ever. case closed.

i can't blame you if you don't like the song, to each his own after all but I enjoy the song for what it is, a good collabo of two legends over a dope production, and Snoop actually dropped fine verses.

as for Lucy Pearl, that's a dope funky project, and even your big homie Snoop Dogg dropped a jewel with them and Q-Tip over a fat ass battlecat beat. Lol @ Pac whooping my ass because I like Lucy Pearl when dude was homies with Robbie Williams. The problem with you is that you only like KC & Jojo because they were friends with Pac, not because of their musical qualities, another of your countless inconsistencies. BTW Lucy Pearl was Raphael Saadiq's brainchild, who was also the frontman of Tony ! Toni ! Tone ! which gave Mopreme his first opportunity to break big in the industry, so I'm sure Pac was more than thankful towards Raphael Saadiq and would have endorsed Lucy Pearl just like Snoop Dogg did. Your lack of knowledge and common sense is killing me, you're too damn emotional man.

Lawyered!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 06:35:14 PM »

-KC and Jojo feat. Snoop "You Bring Me Up"  >>>>>>>>>>>  "Come and Get With Me" Keith Sweat feat Snoop.

-You know "All My Life" and "Krazy" would have gone platinum if they were sold in stores as singles.  So you are twisting the truth.

-Name recognition doesn't mean shit bro.   Lucy Pearl may have had some big names in the industry who had done a lot of work but their album was trash and I guarantee ain't no nicca at this forum ever bump that album
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:39:20 PM by Infinite »

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »
Lucy Pearl "get involved" is classic.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2013, 11:54:14 PM »
These guys are the kings of R&B.  Suge was way real and did things that no other record executive would do.  He went and got their contracts straitghtened out when they had bad contracts and he did the same thing for Mary J. Just out of love not asking for anything in return.

Their first album still makes it into my rotation quite a bit.  Tracks like "Last night I wrote you a letter" and "Now and Forever" along with all the hits from that album.  Then lately I ws playing their second album "Tell Me Its Real" and remembered how good that whole album was.   This guys had all the west coast hiphop style and sentiment but they made love songs, so they were very unique.  They also had classic work with Jodeci and guest features with Death Row and appearances like "If You Think Your Lonely Now" from Jasons Lyric that helped blow that movie up.

i agree those guys had some good songs, but that part there i dont know about
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

bouli77

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2013, 01:57:01 AM »

-KC and Jojo feat. Snoop "You Bring Me Up"  >>>>>>>>>>>  "Come and Get With Me" Keith Sweat feat Snoop.

-You know "All My Life" and "Krazy" would have gone platinum if they were sold in stores as singles.  So you are twisting the truth.

-Name recognition doesn't mean shit bro.   Lucy Pearl may have had some big names in the industry who had done a lot of work but their album was trash and I guarantee ain't no nicca at this forum ever bump that album

again that's your opinion and i respect it... but you talked about hits, a gold selling song is a hit song, period. that's a fact. Come and Get With Me sold as much as "What's My Name" (gold selling song too). All My Life was sold as single, so was Crazy I'm not twisting any "truth", I'm based off facts while you make assumptions "if bla bla bla". you live in a fantasy world where you make up things"once upon a time in the west, there was 2pac, a super gangster, and Suge Knight, a good samaritan who renegotiated contracts just outta love (lmfao) and who turned out to be a good guy just cause I had a dream about it. anybody down with them were good guys and great artists and anybody not down with them were pussies and I shall refuse to play their music ever, just on principle". if anybody is twisting facts it's you homie, always interpreting this or that piece of information while ignoring other piece of information which are as relevant

Have you listened to Lucy Pearl's album ? I'm sure you haven't just like you judge UGK and Messy Marv without knowing shit about them.

You say name recognition doesn't mean shit but you were the one using name recognition in the first place "Pac would kick your ass if he heard you" while Pac would have probably supported Lucy Pearl as two of his three members were from Oakland and Pac always supported Oakland artists, especially if one of them (saadiq) was instrumental in giving his family opportunity to shine.

"ain't no nicca in this forum ever bumped that album", what does it change lmfao ? what kind of weak argument is that ? does that give any legitimacy to your point ? btw that's false dude. Jrome just contradicted you, peeps like Classic Material have discussed the album on here before, and any R&B listener at the forum must have bumped the album.

and even if they didn't, my points still stand, Keith Sweat has had more hits than K-Ci & Jojo solo and that's a fact and Raphael Saadiq has been more influential than K-Ci & JoJo throughout his career.

you really are the most incoherent poster of the forum, straight up, trying to clown me for my opinions lol when at least, even if you don't share them (which I understand), are coherent and documented when you have the most risible reasons to support an artist "he was down with 2pac" / "suge renegotiated their contracts therefore they were kings of r&b".

Fraxxx

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 02:05:22 AM »
These guys are the kings of R&B.  Suge was way real and did things that no other record executive would do.  He went and got their contracts straitghtened out when they had bad contracts and he did the same thing for Mary J. Just out of love not asking for anything in return.

Their first album still makes it into my rotation quite a bit.  Tracks like "Last night I wrote you a letter" and "Now and Forever" along with all the hits from that album.  Then lately I ws playing their second album "Tell Me Its Real" and remembered how good that whole album was.   This guys had all the west coast hiphop style and sentiment but they made love songs, so they were very unique.  They also had classic work with Jodeci and guest features with Death Row and appearances like "If You Think Your Lonely Now" from Jasons Lyric that helped blow that movie up.

Maybe he means the 'beat you up and fuck your girl' part.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2013, 04:52:22 AM »

again that's your opinion and i respect it... but you talked about hits, a gold selling song is a hit song, period. that's a fact. Come and Get With Me sold as much as "What's My Name" (gold selling song too). All My Life was sold as single, so was Crazy I'm not twisting any "truth", I'm based off facts while you make assumptions "if bla bla bla". you live in a fantasy world where you make up things"once upon a time in the west, there was 2pac, a super gangster, and Suge Knight, a good samaritan who renegotiated contracts just outta love (lmfao) and who turned out to be a good guy just cause I had a dream about it. anybody down with them were good guys and great artists and anybody not down with them were pussies and I shall refuse to play their music ever, just on principle". if anybody is twisting facts it's you homie, always interpreting this or that piece of information while ignoring other piece of information which are as relevant

Have you listened to Lucy Pearl's album ? I'm sure you haven't just like you judge UGK and Messy Marv without knowing shit about them.

You say name recognition doesn't mean shit but you were the one using name recognition in the first place "Pac would kick your ass if he heard you" while Pac would have probably supported Lucy Pearl as two of his three members were from Oakland and Pac always supported Oakland artists, especially if one of them (saadiq) was instrumental in giving his family opportunity to shine.

"ain't no nicca in this forum ever bumped that album", what does it change lmfao ? what kind of weak argument is that ? does that give any legitimacy to your point ? btw that's false dude. Jrome just contradicted you, peeps like Classic Material have discussed the album on here before, and any R&B listener at the forum must have bumped the album.

and even if they didn't, my points still stand, Keith Sweat has had more hits than K-Ci & Jojo solo and that's a fact and Raphael Saadiq has been more influential than K-Ci & JoJo throughout his career.

you really are the most incoherent poster of the forum, straight up, trying to clown me for my opinions lol when at least, even if you don't share them (which I understand), are coherent and documented when you have the most risible reasons to support an artist "he was down with 2pac" / "suge renegotiated their contracts therefore they were kings of r&b".

please bouli, dont hurt em....eitherized his ass

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »

Maybe he means the 'beat you up and fuck your girl' part.

got it.  Suge should be in the Bully Hall of Fame.

Shit nowadays, other rappers and fans would be protestin Death Row on some "Anti Bully Week" shit.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup