Author Topic: So it's been 1 year since GKMC dropped...  (Read 1489 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: So it's been 1 year since GKMC dropped...
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 11:06:29 AM »
Safe to say we have a lot of people hating because it's the thing to do. But I give the album a solid 9/10. It was an album you can listen to front to back, it had some really good hits and a few songs that will live on in Hip-Hop history, and it was a breath of fresh air in a time when the air is dirty. On top of that, Kendrick was on top of his game and off one album he is challenging for the top spot.

I do think it was better than Regulate, and Bow Down, and 187 He Wrote. So with that said, I think it's a westcoast classic, bordering on 21 Century Hip-Hop classic right now.

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 11:08:41 AM »

I do think it was better than Regulate, and Bow Down, and 187 He Wrote.

lol naah

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2013, 12:46:21 PM »

lol naah

Not combined. Hence why I put commas.

Blood$

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 01:03:38 PM »
LMAO!

on point though  8)

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2013, 01:35:45 PM »

lol naah

u also used "and" twice, which is grammatically wrong, but u already knew that. thats classic mdogg....still, those opinions are willesque, to say the least

but "gkmc"? thats not classic, mdogg

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2013, 02:07:12 PM »

lol naah

u also used "and" twice, which is grammatically wrong, but u already knew that. thats classic mdogg....still, those opinions are willesque, to say the least

but "gkmc"? thats not classic, mdogg

Yep! LOL... I put the "and" twice because I was going to stop at two albums, but then I was like, fuck it, let me get a third. Then I forgot about my "delete" button.

"GKMC" is classic. In the 21st Century, I'm saying it's top 5. That's right, since 2000, top 5. Blueprint, Stillmatic, The Eminem Show, College Dropout, Good Kid M.A.A.D. City.

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2013, 02:11:23 PM »
wow, ur list sucks LOL

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2013, 03:30:50 PM »
What sucks about  the list? Pretty on point IMO. Although I'd pick MMLP over Eminem Show.

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »
What sucks about  the list? Pretty on point IMO. Although I'd pick MMLP over Eminem Show.

MMLP WAS THE FIRST THAT POPPED IN MY HEAD...BLUEPRINT AND STILLMATIC ARE LEGIT PICKS. GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN, DOCUMENTARY, JUST TRYIN TA LIVE, RONALD DREGAN, THE FIX, DELTRON 3030 CAN ALL REPLACE THE OTHERS THO, OFF TOP

Will_B

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2013, 02:10:40 AM »
lol, theres also basketball and horse racing, but that aint what we talkin about, is it, will? ur fakeass elitist attitude gotta go, brobro....there are accepted notions in hip-hop, such as 2pac and rakim being a couple of the GOATs, the chornic and illmatic bein a undisputed classics, and streetz az a mutha bein better than same day, different shit is one of em too.......knowing that is what separates hip-hop heads from casual rap fans. i wanna give u the benefit of the doubt and say that ur judgement is skewed from livin overseas, but then theres all the euros on here like bouli77 who i'd consider hip-hop heads, so that excuse dont fly

LMAO @ 'accepted notions' - u think many people out there have even heard both those album? :D

Listen to SDDS again, shits dope. Like I originally said, the albums completely overlooked as having *any* merit

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2013, 11:39:41 AM »
Album wad dope. I want Dre to be more involved in his 2nd album though in terms of making beats. I want KDot to take it a bit old school. Get DJ quik in the mix as well. Now that Kendricks popularity has risen, he wont have to sell out with the POP beats. he'll still sell, as long as it's dope. Kendrick can get away with it now. I want his 2nd album to have more of a westcoast feel but bring that lyrical.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Sccit

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2013, 04:37:11 PM »
lol, theres also basketball and horse racing, but that aint what we talkin about, is it, will? ur fakeass elitist attitude gotta go, brobro....there are accepted notions in hip-hop, such as 2pac and rakim being a couple of the GOATs, the chornic and illmatic bein a undisputed classics, and streetz az a mutha bein better than same day, different shit is one of em too.......knowing that is what separates hip-hop heads from casual rap fans. i wanna give u the benefit of the doubt and say that ur judgement is skewed from livin overseas, but then theres all the euros on here like bouli77 who i'd consider hip-hop heads, so that excuse dont fly

LMAO @ 'accepted notions' - u think many people out there have even heard both those album? :D

Listen to SDDS again, shits dope. Like I originally said, the albums completely overlooked as having *any* merit

im talkin bout hip-hop heads...not "many people" are hip-hop heads..do u think u are?

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2013, 04:37:43 PM »
Album wad dope. I want Dre to be more involved in his 2nd album though in terms of making beats. I want KDot to take it a bit old school. Get DJ quik in the mix as well. Now that Kendricks popularity has risen, he wont have to sell out with the POP beats. he'll still sell, as long as it's dope. Kendrick can get away with it now. I want his 2nd album to have more of a westcoast feel but bring that lyrical.

i agree

Will_B

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2013, 04:52:13 PM »

im talkin bout hip-hop heads...not "many people" are hip-hop heads..do u think u are?

I love music first and foremost

Then a rap fan

Then a West coast fan

I don't let nostalgia cloud my judgement, or 'popular' opinion. Everythings judged on individual merit, to my scale based on all music, not rap and not anyone else's ;)

Sccit

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2013, 05:19:43 PM »
Everythings judged on individual merit, to my scale based on all music, not rap and not anyone else's ;)

as it should be....but if ur scale was telling u that bizarre was a better emcee than eminem, u'd know it was off....see what im gettin at??