Author Topic: Were Daz's AEOM beats actually DJ Quik beats?  (Read 1955 times)

Okka

Re: Were Daz's AEOM beats actually DJ Quik beats?
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2013, 09:58:31 AM »
Daz=top 5 produced in west coast hip-hop history.. Get mad

Come on homie.. that's not a laudatory statement but actually a diss to call Daz "top 5 West Coast".

Daz is "TOP 2 EVER (any coast)".  It's Dre, then Daz... then everyone else!
Man.. Daz is a great producer.. but no way he is better than Quik and Battlecat.

Only LA based, Producer No order... divide in groups .

Extra Genius: DJ Quik and Dr. Dre

Genius: Battlecat,Cold 187,Warren G,Tony G, Johnny J,Rhythm D,Eazy-E

Greats: Daz,DJ Glaze,DJ Crazy Toones,Fredwreck,Dobbs The Wino,Skee-Lo,DJ Uneek,Chilly Chill,Sir Jynx,DJ Pooh,DJ Muggs,Tha Chill,The Egyptian Lover,Hi-C,Tony-A,Afrika Islam,Ice-T,QDIII,King T and list goes on..

Honorable mention: Ice Cube ( He produced dope shit on K-Dee album)

DJ Crazy Toones? Can you name 25 dope beats he made?
his contributions to wc & the maad circle is substantial.

He produced their second album and did a little somethin' on the first, but that's about it. He always been more of a DJ than a producer. If you're actually thinkin' he's anywhere near as dope as Daz, DJ Muggs or Fredwreck is then i don't know what to say. Even Ice Cube has made better beats than Crazy Toones has.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2013, 10:13:42 AM »

Come on homie.. that's not a laudatory statement but actually a diss to call Daz "top 5 West Coast".

Man.. Daz is a great producer.. but no way he is better than Quik and Battlecat.

Greats: Daz,DJ Glaze,DJ Crazy Toones,Fredwreck,Dobbs The Wino,Skee-Lo,DJ Uneek,Chilly Chill,Sir Jynx,DJ Pooh,DJ Muggs,Tha Chill,The Egyptian Lover,Hi-C,Tony-A,Afrika Islam,Ice-T,QDIII,King T and list goes on..

his contributions to wc & the maad circle is substantial.

He produced their second album and did a little somethin' on the first, but that's about it. He always been more of a DJ than a producer. If you're actually thinkin' he's anywhere near as dope as Daz, DJ Muggs or Fredwreck is then i don't know what to say. Even Ice Cube has made better beats than Crazy Toones has.
not what I meant.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2013, 09:53:43 AM »

i dont fault u for that, but i dont categorize daz with dre...it's dre then every1 else....daz is in a class with producers like warren g, dj quik, battlecat etc all who are great, but not quite dre
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 09:56:26 AM by NIKCC »

Fresh Bone

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2013, 12:26:28 PM »
This is one example of someone completely fucking up thier legacy. Daz's beats from '92 - 99 were some of my favourites of all time. Since around '00, Daz's beats have been either wildly inconsistent to downright terrible. On the other hand, Quik has been so consistent that there's never a time where I don't like his beats. Quik definately has a love for music that not many in rap have.
Hard to call overall between the 2, I just can't call it.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2013, 03:50:00 AM »

Daz is "TOP 2 EVER (any coast)".  It's Dre, then Daz... then everyone else!

Aww Man ?? He produced CLASSIC shit for WC and The Maad Circle ... he produced "U Know Hoo" for Coolio ( This is HARD as fuck ).

He produced shit to Mack 10 first album. He helped w/ production on WC "The Shadiest One". Another Classic.

And he produced Stand Tall on Cube's Raw Footage ... one of the best tracks in music on years .

That already makes him great.

Not quantity. Quality.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:01:05 AM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Okka

« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2013, 07:52:24 AM »
He only produced "Here Comes The G" on Mack 10's first album, that's a dope beat though. I forgot about it. He only produced a couple of songs on "The Shadiest One" too. He's not up there with Dr. Dre, DJ Muggs, DJ Quik, Battlecat or Daz Dillinger. That's just my opinion. He has a couple of classic beats, but not that many.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 04:47:10 PM by Okka »

Hancock

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2013, 09:29:47 AM »
MobNigga06, thanks for the link to your thread!

I apologize to the poster that I got into a fight with. I am sorry. Shit like this fires me up because I know it's trolling, but it got to me for some strange reason. I won't flame anyone anymore. I will be a man about this.

Now, Soopafly DPG, no, that's not my argument whatsoever. I don't know why you said if someone showed me proof Daz did the AEOM beats then I would write it off as bullshit is not what I am going to do.

I decided to bang Retaliation, Revenge and Get Back last night. It was a good album. I liked 8 songs out of 16. I haven't head the album since 1999, so I was disappointed that it didn't have that classic feel to it. Funny how I was listening to DJ Quik's whole discography 2 weekends ago and his first 4 albums have the classic feel.

I'm not trying to discredit Daz. If he did the beats on AEOM then show some proof like interviews or something. Saying "oh, Daz's name is on the credits, so he made the production" isn't proof. Many people on here have said Dogg Food sounds like Dr. Dre beats and I agree. You know Deathrow credit was shady back in the day.

Oh yeah, you will come back and say how do I know Dre made the production he made? Listen to the NWA albums, D.O.C.'s debut, etc. It's his sound at the time. The production on RRG is not spectacular to me.

I will look at the thread MOBNigga06 gave me.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Jimmy H.

« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2013, 09:59:23 AM »
I'm just tired of the "beats" conversation as a whole.  Daz produced what Daz produced. I think I credit Dre more than him for the Death Row era stuff, not because Dre had the best instrumentals but because he has the magic ear and knew how to get the best out of his team.
I consider the producer the person responsible for the track, not the guy who created the beat.

I think when Daz became head producer, there were still classic songs that were produced by him but the overall quality of albums just wasn't there. I don't think it's fair to discredit Daz of his Dogg Food work or the early Dogg Pound classics but it's important to note that Dre was still involved in the process. I think Doggfather is an important piece to look at. It's all the people who supposedly "made" Dr. Dre doing an album without him. I think more over, the comradery was lost as a whole. You had some of the Dogg Pound heavy-hitters like Kurupt and Nate Dogg popping up on Doggfather, RR&GB, and the Pac movie soundtracks but in a lot of cases, it felt like they were just going through the motions.