Author Topic: The official GTA V thread  (Read 1128 times)

bouli77

Re: The official GTA V thread
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 05:01:43 PM »
Im getting pretty far, it gets pretty addicting especially when im bored after i smoke but i dont have time to play everyday like i do play video games in the summer, but im getting pretty far without using the cheats yet, i just got done pulling the heist with the submarine with Franklin, Micheal and Trevor...

how far are yall?

finished it like 2 weeks ago,  disappointed, imo San Andreas, Vice City and GTA 3 are overall better games. i won't front V was very good, the map is insanely huge and the attention given to detail is frightening. the storyline is excellent, the script is awesome and the voiceovers are perfect (props to Solo). still, the game is way too short, some missions are boring as hell, and the map isn't exploited as it should. I mean most of it is countryside, there's only a big city (los santos) and even in Los Santos some aspects are neglected (the gangs for example). don't even feel like finishing it 100%, the side quests are boring. i feel like they spend too much time and budget on designing the map, and they had to finish up the missions and everything else real quick. in the end, it looks unfinished.

as for the radio, kinda disappointed too, they don't fit the game's atmosphere, some songs are unnecessary, and the hosts aren't as funny and charimastics as before. yet the talk shows are funny, so are the commercials and the "weasel news" report.

anyway, since we're on the dub, there's a few westcoast artists involved. of course you have DJ Pooh involved, ice cube makes a skit for the "west coast classic" radio station J. Wells does a voice over, well of course Solo does one of the three protagonists and does a hell of a job. Kurupt, J-Ro and Bad Azz all provide voices for random Los Santos inhabitants / passer-bys

not a big fan of the online version either. now i'm waiting for the dlc's to come out.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 09:53:43 PM »
Im getting pretty far, it gets pretty addicting especially when im bored after i smoke but i dont have time to play everyday like i do play video games in the summer, but im getting pretty far without using the cheats yet, i just got done pulling the heist with the submarine with Franklin, Micheal and Trevor...

how far are yall?

finished it like 2 weeks ago,  disappointed, imo San Andreas, Vice City and GTA 3 are overall better games. i won't front V was very good, the map is insanely huge and the attention given to detail is frightening. the storyline is excellent, the script is awesome and the voiceovers are perfect (props to Solo). still, the game is way too short, some missions are boring as hell, and the map isn't exploited as it should. I mean most of it is countryside, there's only a big city (los santos) and even in Los Santos some aspects are neglected (the gangs for example). don't even feel like finishing it 100%, the side quests are boring. i feel like they spend too much time and budget on designing the map, and they had to finish up the missions and everything else real quick. in the end, it looks unfinished.

as for the radio, kinda disappointed too, they don't fit the game's atmosphere, some songs are unnecessary, and the hosts aren't as funny and charimastics as before. yet the talk shows are funny, so are the commercials and the "weasel news" report.

anyway, since we're on the dub, there's a few westcoast artists involved. of course you have DJ Pooh involved, ice cube makes a skit for the "west coast classic" radio station J. Wells does a voice over, well of course Solo does one of the three protagonists and does a hell of a job. Kurupt, J-Ro and Bad Azz all provide voices for random Los Santos inhabitants / passer-bys

not a big fan of the online version either. now i'm waiting for the dlc's to come out.
worth getting?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

bouli77

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 10:38:32 PM »
absolutely, the game remains very good especially with the online feature, it's just that i was hoping more coming from gta,

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 10:54:12 PM »
absolutely, the game remains very good especially with the online feature, it's just that i was hoping more coming from gta,
haven't checked much on online thang....but is it like gang war type? group vs group? How's the lovegity of the game..meaning...replay value//? could ya elaborate it?
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]