Author Topic: Great Story on Eazy/Ruthless Post Cube/Dre Days  (Read 513 times)

me1

Great Story on Eazy/Ruthless Post Cube/Dre Days
« on: November 19, 2013, 07:14:33 AM »
http://m.pitchfork.com/features/rolling-on-dubs/9262-eazy-e/

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but in the even it has not, check it out. Incredible read. Even for folks like us who think they have read every single thing there is documenting that era.

Enjoy

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Great Story on Eazy/Ruthless Post Cube/Dre Days
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 11:15:48 AM »
dope read.  8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Soopahigh

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 01:19:26 PM »
Pretty cool... though is it true about Eazy having invested $250,000 into Ruthless?  That's a lot of weed money saved up.  The only number I remember reading about was something about him investing something around $10,000 into what got Boyz in the Hood pressed as a single.

The Predator

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 01:56:25 PM »
Well written 20th celebration of '187 Um Dre Killa'.

“I was trying to make hard-knocking hip-hop beats, but ones with bass lines that seemed like they were clowning Dr. Dre,” Rhythum D says from Atlanta, where he relocated two years ago. “I wanted it to be a sinister parody of Dre’s sound.”

Word.

Okka

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 12:05:56 AM »
Dope read. Cold 187Um was workin' on NWA's shit too? Damn. Yella already said that Dre did the work back in the day and he helped him to make the music. When Eazy and Dre started beefin', Eazy talked a lot of bullshit, he was claimin' that he actually produced some of the songs on "Efil4Zaggin" and all kind of shit. I really doubt that's true.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 04:14:37 AM »
Eazy-E was a great CEO .

Eric was a visionary.

Nigga had Bone-Thugs, Atban Klann (Young Will I Am and Apl), Kid Frost, Above The Law, BG Knocc and Dresta, Penthouse Players Clique, Brownside under his belt.

He tried sign DJ Quik but Profile don't let.

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF