Author Topic: DJ Quik's Ego & So-Called Legacy  (Read 778 times)

MUHFUKKA

Re: DJ Quik's Ego & So-Called Legacy
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 10:13:41 AM »

Life

DJ Quik goes to Compton every week.. alone..or with his son..anyway..dude goes to Compton Swap Meet,Spruce Street,South Central LA. alone..no bodyguards..no entourage..
The man goes to Bellflower just to sing on the karaoke.. all by himself..no security ..no cops..no buzz

Quik goes to parties in Hollywood, to Japan..to NY.. to Atlanta..alone or only with 1 security ( is more like a Friend ) Big Rob.. he don't need 10,20security on his own..

the fuck you rambling about? you see him there? you ever even been to america? get off his dick already

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 10:23:09 AM »

Life

DJ Quik goes to Compton every week.. alone..or with his son..anyway..dude goes to Compton Swap Meet,Spruce Street,South Central LA. alone..no bodyguards..no entourage..
The man goes to Bellflower just to sing on the karaoke.. all by himself..no security ..no cops..no buzz

Quik goes to parties in Hollywood, to Japan..to NY.. to Atlanta..alone or only with 1 security ( is more like a Friend ) Big Rob.. he don't need 10,20security on his own..

the fuck you rambling about? you see him there? you ever even been to america? get off his dick already

and you? get off 2pac dick

Church of Shakur? Nigga Please
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:29:49 AM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 12:03:50 PM »

Life

youre naming streets of cities in a country youve never been to and acting like you know who is there and who isnt. youre funnystyle. and obviously quik doesnt need 20 security guards he can probably go out in public without being recognized that much

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 02:10:02 PM »

Life

youre naming streets of cities in a country youve never been to and acting like you know who is there and who isnt. youre funnystyle. and obviously quik doesnt need 20 security guards he can probably go out in public without being recognized that much

You are very worried where I'm going or where I'm not going

Trust what I say about Quik or try next 2pac thread.....
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:13:52 PM by Mr. Theo »

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 02:48:45 PM »
Not disrespect to Dre and others.. (Kanye West..etc)

But DJ Quik is a TRUE MUSICIAN. Not entertainer,pop star,celebrity and other shit.. he is a musician, and excellence in what it does.

On Money Question:
DJ Quik isn't on the Forbes list..but he make money..he got royalties ..he living the good life..he got cars,equipament,house on Woodland Hills,he got a studio,he he travels around the world..

Fame:

DJ Quik has fame, in California and Japan..and Brazil to Italy .. all over the world ..DJ Quik is heavily known..but as i said ..dude is not celebrity.

Music

Quik got 8 albums and a 9th album on the way..he makes the music he wants..he doesn't care about record sales, radio airplay..promotion and etc...is just good music..at fullest...the music with creative freedom.

Life

DJ Quik is musician.. a great musician..he makes music because he loves music...noT for the fame,money,celebrity status. he is a musical encyclopedia,
and he lives like a normal person..he make normal things everyday..

No disrespect
Dr.Dre is what it is today because his "friend" Jimmy Iovine.

DJ Quik don't need a Jimmy Iovine in your life.

DJ Quik describes itself perfectly in his songs:

"I gotta be simply one of the greatest, one of the hardest
One of the smartest, one of the brightest
One of the ones who helped start all this
Some niggas eatin' simply because I chose to be an artist
Way back when I was homeless, way back when I was careless
Way back when my sisters used to kick me out their apartments
They back with their hands out, but they made me so heartless"

"And even though I don't win no Grammys
I still get love in the streets, from the pappys and mammys
I'll be damned they ain't family"

"The number 23 on the beats, 'bout to do ya
Mister Blake A.K.A. DJ Quik talkin' to ya
And I'll prove I'm proper and yo game is whack with 1 line
I'll never put my name on a track that wasn't mine"

"New game..

Ay, my musical style is far from intermediate
And my lyrics stay flow as if I was collegian (smart)
Take my style you need it
Cus the shit I'm hearing on the radio is so repeated
So repetitive, not to be confused with competitive
Get a bar of this you need a sedative
It'll keep you up all night
Analyze it; dissect it, pretty tough all right
Cus I got some magic goin down
I summon up my powers and get tragic on the sound
Levin maggots on the ground (wow)
And I'm trying to do it twice and get some rich ass figures
Cus I'm tired of being nice to you bitch ass niggas
And the truth is, I ignore disses"

Quik is the realest artist.

Dope ass songs, by the way.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

bouli77

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 02:53:24 PM »
appreciate some of the OPs comments.

i would really like to hear more r&b/pop music, this is where a lot of his production abilities seem to shine in relation to potential hit records. lets get down is a big jam, the truth hurts joint. r kelly home alone. adina howard talkbox. these are hit records.

+1, i always felt Quik had the potential to be a big time r&b producer, had he stuck to a simple formula and branched out or tried to develop his own r&b roster. he could have done bigger things with El I think. but I respect the fact that's he an acquired taste and that he has his own vision and doesn't want to compromise.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 03:52:28 PM »
Truthful, considering how talented he is as a musician, he should have a lot more released projects under his belt. There's no excuse for him to not have executive produced a few r&b or instrumental jazz albums. He should've been gone independent and just did what he wanted.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

fogcitypimpin

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 05:12:10 PM »
Hancock might be one of quiks hating ass family members

Mr. Theo

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2013, 04:06:20 AM »
Truthful, considering how talented he is as a musician, he should have a lot more released projects under his belt. There's no excuse for him to not have executive produced a few r&b or instrumental jazz albums. He should've been gone independent and just did what he wanted.

Quik is dope...could have more good music.

His catalogue could be a El Debarge album, James Debarge album, Raphael Saadiq album.. a reggae album produced w/ Rob Bacon and a Jazz Instrumental album w/ the help of Terrace Martin and Kenneth Crouch..

without couting "Skanless" posse album.

V2DHeart

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2013, 04:16:22 AM »

This is the direction he should have stuck to. We all know Safe & Sound - Balance & options is his best period, and most musically sound period. He gave people cool raps (p&ssy, weed, gang banging) over mature, harmoniously jam packed songs that were smooth, relaxing, and so well made that the replay value made these albums personal classics.

I can understand progression, development and so on but sometimes a proven formula can survive many years, even decades, not just 6 years.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>