Author Topic: Well, well, well....Arsenal aren't God's gift after all  (Read 323 times)

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
Re:Well, well, well....Arsenal aren't God's gift after all
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2003, 10:36:52 AM »
The Double is the league and FA Cup

So...under your definition of the double....why did you say Villa were the last team to do it before Arsenal?

When we won three trophies in 1999, Liverpool won three (plus 2 mickey mousers) in 2000

And which two trophies did Villa win in one season?  THey won the league 80-81 and the European Cup 81 - 82 - So they don't even fit in with your crap definition of the double

How am I Irish?

And now you descend into a game of who's talked to more managers!
lol

I've spoken to Barry Fry!

Who the fuck cares
Yo're knowledge is SKETCHY to say the least genius

TheSheriff

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2003, 10:44:07 AM »
The Double is the league and FA Cup

So...under your definition of the double....why did you say Villa were the last team to do it before Arsenal?

When we won three trophies in 1999, Liverpool won three (plus 2 mickey mousers) in 2000

And which two trophies did Villa win in one season?  THey won the league 80-81 and the European Cup 81 - 82 - So they don't even fit in with your crap definition of the double

How am I Irish?

And now you descend into a game of who's talked to more managers!
lol

I've spoken to Barry Fry!

Who the fuck cares
Yo're knowledge is SKETCHY to say the least genius

Just checked the stats, we did win the Cahrity Shield that year, but I got my dates mixed up. I apologize on that.

I didn't mean Villa were the last to do it before Arsenal did it. AAAGH. I meant before Man Utd, who you had been talking about doing it, did it.

I didn't "descend into a game". I said I play for WBA Youth/Reserves; Gary Megson asked specifically for me about tactics in preperation for a Reserve match, in which I mad emy semi-pro debut as a sub (who didn't go on, admittedly). And I'd believe Gary Megson's definition of football knowledge over some overprotective arrogant Manc/Irish/whatevr any day. I think your dad was an Irish pikey, the way you speak.

Your knowledge is SKETCHY to say the least, you arrogant asshole. Without knowing me, you insult me.

Oh, and Mario Lemieux is a former Canadian soccer international who is also the greatest ice hockey player of all time. He scored in a soccer friendly against England in 1984.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2003, 10:51:41 AM »
My Dad was Irish yes...lol how can you tell in the way I speak?

Where did you live when you played for the Baggies?

I think your knowledge when talking about United is sketchy personally.  
Plus if you talk about 'The Double' in England it is the League and FA Cup.
I think Villa did it in 1896 it was 2 centuries ago anyway.

TheSheriff

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2003, 10:57:53 AM »
My Dad was Irish yes...lol how can you tell in the way I speak?

Where did you live when you played for the Baggies?

I think your knowledge when talking about United is sketchy personally.  
Plus if you talk about 'The Double' in England it is the League and FA Cup.
I think Villa did it in 1896 it was 2 centuries ago anyway.

I think you told us all a while ago you were half-Irish. But to guess it was your dad...I AM GOD. LoL

You know mor eabout United, I admit; but I hold opinions on them, like you do on Crouchy boy.  You may be right, he may never be true England material. But I think he will.

The "Treble" is a very loose term; I feel the same about the double. A team has performed a form of "double" when they get the League Cup and the League, surely? And yeah, I was wrong about Villa there, I thought they'd taken something else in 1981, but they got a joke award and the League.

We lived up in Birmingham for a while, where I developed my love of Villa. I trialled there, and am still signed; the youth team is trained at Leicester, and I get up there maybe once a fortnight. I've been injured a lot recently, though, from playing too much hockey.

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2003, 11:10:50 AM »
Seeing you support Villa, dont you think Robbie Savage is a class player.

His work rate is better then anyone else in the Premiership and even though he's a Welsh twat I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Sheff Utd shirt.

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2003, 12:51:46 PM »
Actually Sol, if you read the Sun properly....

wow, slow down, this is the first time ive posted on here for a while, dont know why u think i said that.

anyway...

jay you obviously know your stuff about football and i respect your opinion, but from reading what you said it seems like you have been waiting to get that out of your system for a while and have a good old go at arsenal. and we're not your main rivals?
i think you would agree that if basle were in our group we would have gone through, that was 6 points before you even started.

before the valencia game i thought arsene was god, could do no wrong. not so anymore. for all the good hes done in the transfer market our squad is severly unbalanced. we have no cover at left or right back (no counting luzhny), we have keown 34 or 35, cygan who would look out of place on hackney marshes and igore whos even worse. then we've got seaman (say no more), stuart 'shoot on sight' taylor and two no name very average keepers. if we win nothing this season it will be for this reason.

but i still think we are a far better team than the mancs, i think player for player proves this. and i think fergie knows this aswell, judgeing by the tactics hes used in the last three games at old trafford. i could give my detailed opinion on why we were crap in europe, but i cant be arsed. enjoy your time at the top, hopefully this time tomorrow things we be looking a lot better and i wont be feeling as depressed. (however ive a feeling it wont be).

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2003, 01:50:11 PM »
it really is a shame that for years arsenal have had a world class defence (in my opinion) and when we get an attack and midfield to go with it it's too fucking old, maybe we'll balance it out one day.

but we'll still do the double.

keep the faith sol ;D

Never surrender

TheSheriff

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2003, 06:45:07 PM »
Seeing you support Villa, dont you think Robbie Savage is a class player.

His work rate is better then anyone else in the Premiership and even though he's a Welsh twat I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Sheff Utd shirt.

Dunno why that affects me as a Villa supporter, but yeah, Savage is a great player. And he may be Welsh, but I got Welsh blood, so you know, I don't mind.

However, on the Dublin incident, I gotta say, apparently Savage started it. He has a bad reputation as a bastard.

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2003, 03:00:16 AM »
savage may be a bastard but he didn't start the dublin incident, even dublin said so. From my limited lip reading experience all he called him was a wanker.

Never surrender

TheSheriff

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2003, 08:03:41 AM »
savage may be a bastard but he didn't start the dublin incident, even dublin said so. From my limited lip reading experience all he called him was a wanker.

Dublin was being diplomatic. It's the current story that Savage, whilst not being racist, said "I hope you die, wanker".

P.S. Not to excuse Dion's conduct. He behaved disgracefully.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2003, 10:42:47 AM by Owen »

bez

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2003, 10:20:21 AM »
urgh, well done gunners

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2003, 10:42:45 AM »
...but Rooney starts and Rooney scores. On the bench with Jermain Defoe for the upcoming Euro 2004 qualifiers hopefully.... in an ideal world.

Listening to Fanzone on Sky was funny. A scouser and a cockney trying to do commentary.

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2003, 11:31:13 AM »
just got back in from the game and although normality is restored in going back top again, yet again we were crap. its getting the same old story every game now, go a goal up and instead of killing off the oposition we mess around playing little one twos and little flicks and the other team equalises. then we are under pressure and have to fight hard to score again.

well played everton, deserved at least a draw.
great goal by ronney, it seems he likes playing against arsenal.

Joachim

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2003, 12:30:31 PM »
Vieira is a legend theres not a team on the planet that would'nt want him in their midfield, what a diamond what a bloody diamond, immense again.

Rooney showed glimpses of a top player, but he drifted in and out of the game, but then Sol was marking him so its excusable, well played that boy, nice goal, he's gonna be a monster.

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2003, 01:21:19 PM »
vieira played his fucking heart out today, true captain.

why can't rooney just score a tap-in against arsenal?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2003, 01:22:19 PM by Pimpdogg »

Never surrender