Author Topic: MLB Report: Omar Infante Signs With Kansas City Royals  (Read 146 times)

MistaNova

MLB Report: Omar Infante Signs With Kansas City Royals
« on: December 13, 2013, 05:21:07 PM »
4 years, $30 million (prox.).

Good pickup for the Royals.
Now that Infante is gone and David Adams has been picked up by the Indians, Kelly Johnson is the only option for the Yankees at second.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: MLB Report: Omar Infante Signs With Kansas City Royals
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 07:45:02 PM »
Yeah he was the best remaining middle infielder. Longer deal than I thought he would get but it's well-earned nonetheless

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 02:04:26 AM »
Hey thanks for posting this.  It's not everyday I get to see Kansas City Royals in a thread topic not made by me.   8)  I don't know a whole lot about Infante, but I know he hits plus .300 and that the Yankees wanted him!  So he must be good!

I'm a big fan of Emilio Banafacio.  This guy is so talented and he played great for the Royals at second when he came in.  So I was satisfied with him at second base, but now with Infante, Banafacio can now be our superutility guy and fill in whenever a player goes down or needs a day off.  Banafacio can play all the positions except for catcher.  

This certainly makes the Royals solid at every single position on the diamond.  I challenge anyone to find any holes on this squad.  Whether that be pitching, defense, bullpen, anywhere!

...Okay, okay... maybe Mike Moustakas.  Maybe that's our one hole on the diamond, but remember he was once a #1 prospect and I think he won minor league player of the year or something like that.  He's been projected to be a superstar and he's still only like 22 years old.  He's already overachieved on the defensive end of things, and now if his offense could just ever get anywhere near the projections the Royals would be set!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 02:07:26 AM by Infinite... Me Against The World »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MistaNova

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 08:06:35 AM »
I haven't followed Infante too closely myself but the main reason he was so sought after was because he was by far the best second baseman available on the free agent market after Cano.
I wouldn't expect him to be that much better than Bonifacio but personally I've always viewed Bonifacio as a good back-up/utility guy with good speed (mainly because he was pretty bad in Toronto) so the 2nd base situation in Kansas ought to be better with Infante than without Infante.

As for the Royals, they've got a solid squad but as I mentioned in previous threads a lot of their players need to step up. Hosmer and Moustakas really need to take huge steps forward and show everyone why they were a huge part of a farm system that was once viewed as the best of all time. Butler, Kain and Perez need to stay consistent. If their core can produce and the complimentary pieces around them that the team has picked up can do what they've always done, this team has a shot.
Of course the other obstacle is the other teams in the division, more specifically the one in Detroit. Even though the Royals have a very decent squad, you'd be hard pressed to find anybody who'd take them over the Tigers in that division.