Author Topic: Significance of 2pac's Vibe Magazine photo as slave on plantation...  (Read 493 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I couldn't find the pic online, but there was a really popular book that Vibe came out with, it had all his articles and photo shoots he had done with the magazine.  One photo stands out as one of the more remarkable photos ever taken in Pac's life.  It depicts Pac on a slave plantation.  Much can be drawn from this.  One could look at this and say that it is depicting Pac as the "field Negro" from Malcolm X's famous analogy of the "house negro" vs. the "slave negro"...

...I would take it a step further and say that Pac is representing the finally unrestrained and uncompromising voice of the African American slaves.  Afeni Shakur says that her grandmother was a slave and can even identify the plantation and location where she was held captive.  So 2pac is only about 3 generations removed from slavery. 

During slavery times blacks were stripped of their language, many were illiterate and deliberately kept uneducated.  Even after gaining their freedom and education, black people were still struggling to free themselves from 400 years of conditioning under slavery.  Blacks were still struggling to find their voice in America and not only find their voice but for the freedom and courage to express it without restraint.

2pac is the culmination of that voice!  He is the voice of the descendents of slaves and telling their story from the depths of slavery to the ultimate heights of popular culture.

-by Infinite- 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

123imagee

Re: Significance of 2pac's Vibe Magazine photo as slave on plantation...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:23:29 AM »
post that picture.

Blood$

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 09:30:49 AM »
he was a slave to interscope records.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

T-o-m

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 01:55:25 PM »
Taken by David Lachapelle

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 08:38:53 PM »

Lol.. this is like the people that try to say Jordan was a slave and that rich black athletes are slaves.  That's bullshit.  Everybody is working for someone.  Even if you own a business you are somewhat a slave to your customer base, we are all buying and selling to get what we want in life.  That is the nature of life.

Point is, with Suge at his back Pac had the support he needed and had complete creative control even before Suge and he expressed himself to the fullest in a way that had never been done before in expressing the hopes, dreams, and conscience of the descendants of the trans-atlantic slave trade.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 08:55:44 PM »

Lol.. this is like the people that try to say Jordan was a slave and that rich black athletes are slaves.  That's bullshit.  Everybody is working for someone.  Even if you own a business you are somewhat a slave to your customer base, we are all buying and selling to get what we want in life.  That is the nature of life.

Point is, with Suge at his back Pac had the support he needed and had complete creative control even before Suge and he expressed himself to the fullest in a way that had never been done before in expressing the hopes, dreams, and conscience of the descendants of the trans-atlantic slave trade.

peep this: http://extramustard.si.com/2013/12/20/kanye-west-debuted-a-new-song-about-michael-jordan-the-bulls-and-the-wizards/

Jimmy H.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 11:51:38 PM »
That's exactly what I hear when I bump "What's Ya Phone #".