Author Topic: Who still watches Wrestling ...."sports entertainment"  (Read 624 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Who still watches Wrestling ...."sports entertainment"
« on: December 23, 2013, 03:25:49 PM »
I got to admit i stopped watching for a while but the last year i got back into it and have fallen in love all over again..

just wondering who here still watching it.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Citizen-Y

Re: Who still watches Wrestling ...."sports entertainment"
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 08:17:51 PM »
I'll catch it every now and then.  It's not as fun as the old days.  I get more of a kick of the shoot interviews the old guys put out.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 10:44:14 PM »
Every Monday night and the paper views too
The West is Back

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 01:21:31 PM »
Me? nah.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mietek23

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 01:49:55 PM »
I was a huge wrestling fan back in the day (91-03) - nowadays WWE sucks and TNA has been trash for years now. The wrestlers of today got no charisma, the matches are boring as hell to say at least and dudes like john cena with no skills whatsoever make me wanna puke...

I rather watch the glimpse of the good ol' days with NWO, Attitude Era as well as some classic mathes of my 2 favorite wrestlers of all time - Big Poppa Pump and Scott Hall 8) They were both GOLD on the mic, fun to watch and had all the skills - shame they didn't end up like Triple H etc. specially Scott Hall - sad to watch what had happened to him... :(

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 03:28:48 PM »
i used to feel the same way, i checked out around 03/04 as well. whenever Bradshaw became JBL....

....and i never liked Cena, but i think people like CM Punk , Daniel Bryan, Antonio Cesaro, and Dolph Zigler put on some good matches. PLus the angles are starting to get more interesting. there's still a lot of corny things here and there and you can tell the creative staff is struggling at times, but it's got my attention again.

As long as the WWE has no competition i doubt you'll see another attitude era. But who knows .....

Mietek23

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 02:53:12 AM »
That NWO/Attitude era will never be duplicated... ever again. We're stuck in this PG bullshit with kids buying every merchandise John Cena related and as far as I can see - we ain't going nowhere with this crap. Plus, there's no new stars in the making - WWE slept past 10 years and didn't create a single dude worth watching. All of them are replicas of past wrestlers - you got another Goldberg (Ryback), fake Macho Manetc. or some bullshit characters like Dolph Zigler.

They don't have the charisma nor the skills of the Hogan's, the Ric Flair's, the Scott Hall's, the Rock's, the Stone Cold's, etc. - wrestling is pretty much unwatchable today much like the NBA with this pussy ass rules...

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 12:48:19 PM »
after the attitude era, i was out

still catch it once every blue moon for nostalgia purposes, tho

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 07:45:46 PM »
I still watch; although I'm slowly starting to lose interest in it now.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 01:19:01 PM by Mo Z. Dizzle »

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 09:09:15 AM »
they need to be consistant with what direction they want to do....seems like they start to build up someone or somethign then quickly abolish it. it boggles my mind that dolph zigler gets probably the 4th biggest pop after cena, bryan, and punk....but he's jobbing to everyone like 3mb does. i don't get it.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 11:58:33 PM »
Dolph is probably still paying his dues, ive always said, Dolph, Curtis Axel, Bray Wyatt, and the sheild and Cody Rhodes are all the future of the WWE and have a chance to be main eventer's and champions some day, i use to say that about Zack Ryder until they burried him after his good push, he was so over, had the charisma, decent wrestler, had mic skills and was hella over with the fans but they pissed his shit away,

honorable mentions also are Antonio Cesaro and Kofi Kingston, i see them getting big push's and having amazing matches with other guys who can work in the future
The West is Back

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 10:16:29 AM »
yep cesaro is one of the best IN THE RING. His  big flaw though is his mic skills he's not a good sell. I think that's why they put him with the real americans....which is weak but the biggest sell for him at this point. they need to make him into a super heel, i'd team him with Orton and just have them doing evil shit. i'd buy that over him and jack swagger.

also, either the shield or the wyatts need to turn face or they need to be 'innovative' and have two heel stables beef with each other, because that'd be one hell of a rilvalry.

Remedy360

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 12:36:45 PM »
after the attitude era, i was out

Yup, maybe a bit beyond that. Probably been since 02 or 03 since I watched regularly. Damn, time flies  :-X

Mietek23

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 02:59:20 AM »
After Vince brought WCW and literally fucked up the whole angle degrading the fuck out of WCW wrestlers - people were waiting to see DDP fight against Rock (both were the so-called "People champions" in their companies), Sting against Undertaker, etc.

Instead of that, we got "The Invasion" angle, were DDP was loosing matches against Undertaker's wife (lol, smfh) and from that point on - it was the beggining of the end for wrestling.. no new stars were created, and dudes from WCW and ECW who got the potential to be even greater ticket sellers than before were quickly moved from the picture - they misused every single one of them, including Goldberg, Big Poppa Pump, etc.

All WWE did for the past 10 years was make us watch this trash John Cena over and over again along with Cena-Triple H-Randy Orton Heavyweight Tittle match nr 24854743, lol - shit's been unwatchable for years now, just like the NBA. Matches are boring as shit, plus predictable as fuck and there's not a single dude out there that has the charisma or brings the excitement to the table like the stars of the 80's and 90's..

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 09:20:54 PM »
After Vince brought WCW and literally fucked up the whole angle degrading the fuck out of WCW wrestlers - people were waiting to see DDP fight against Rock (both were the so-called "People champions" in their companies), Sting against Undertaker, etc.

Instead of that, we got "The Invasion" angle, were DDP was loosing matches against Undertaker's wife (lol, smfh) and from that point on - it was the beggining of the end for wrestling.. no new stars were created, and dudes from WCW and ECW who got the potential to be even greater ticket sellers than before were quickly moved from the picture - they misused every single one of them, including Goldberg, Big Poppa Pump, etc.

All WWE did for the past 10 years was make us watch this trash John Cena over and over again along with Cena-Triple H-Randy Orton Heavyweight Tittle match nr 24854743, lol - shit's been unwatchable for years now, just like the NBA. Matches are boring as shit, plus predictable as fuck and there's not a single dude out there that has the charisma or brings the excitement to the table like the stars of the 80's and 90's..

yea, they coulda done a lot more after buying out wcw...there were so many dream matchups being thought up before the merger, they never truly capitalized