Author Topic: Robinson Cano gets 200th home run  (Read 313 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Robinson Cano gets 200th home run
« on: August 20, 2013, 05:46:56 PM »
 8)

MistaNova

Re: Robinson Cano gets 200th home run
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 07:29:34 PM »
It's a shame he's going to be wearing Dodger blue next year :(.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 07:35:35 PM »

you think Jay z is gonna want millions of yankee fans pissed at him for letting Cano go?

Yankees will over pay but he'll be here for the next 6-7 years.

MistaNova

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 07:58:29 PM »

you think Jay z is gonna want millions of yankee fans pissed at him for letting Cano go?

No but I doubt he'll care after he gets millions of dollars courtesy of the Dodgers for persuading Cano to go to LA.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
i just typed up a nice response and my account got logged out when i hit post, god damn you dubcc

okay so Cano is going to be 31 next year and as a 2nd baseman he doesn't have more than 3 more "prime" years left assuming he plays the field 140+ times a year.  look at Chase Utley, he ain't been shit since he turned 31.  If he leaves for LA Cano can't move to first base OR DH because of Adrian being there and the NL having no DH.  The Cubs could sign him but i think Theo is a bit smarter than throwing huge money on a 2nd baseman over 30 instead of bringing in Jacoby Ellsbury who is an OFer.  Theo can't take any chances and he probably has a better relationship with Ellsbury anyway..

Now could Cano want to leave because he's tired of being a Yankee?  I don't see why but none of us know what he's thinking.  His dad predicts he stays with the Yankees for what it's worth.

The Dodgers also need to learn their shit about dumb ass contracts because they might get outbid for Kershaw in 2015.  Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzolez are both going to age terribly not being able to DH and they still need to invest in Kemp and plenty of others.

MistaNova

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 09:19:56 PM »
I doubt that where Cano goes will be decided on where he wants to go/if he doesn't want to go anywhere.
I garauntee that it'll all come down to who pays him the most. I think the Yankees will be in the running (seeing as how Joba, Hughes, Pettitte, Mo, Kuroda and Granderson come off their books too), but I can't just declare them the winner when they're in a penny-pinching attitude.

Besides, the Dodger's don't care about huge contracts. They took on Beckett, Gonzalez, Crawford while also signing Kemp, Greinke, Ethier and Puig to significant/dumb deals. Kershaw is next and I have no reason to believe the Dodger's won't at least be in the running for Cano. They've got a cable deal in the works that's potentially worth billions.
They don't and won't give a shit about how bad things might get in the future so long as they win. Flags fly forever.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 09:30:37 PM »
every team has a limit...i'd prefer us get Kershaw than Cano lol

MistaNova

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 12:42:38 PM »
The Dodgers don't care about limits. They want to win and they want to win now.

And while I wouldn't mind seeing Kershaw in pinstripes or see Cano come back, I'd be pissed off if the Yankees did something stupid to jeopardise their chances of acquiring Bryce Harper and Mike Trout (and maybe Giancarlo Stanton) when they hit free agency.

Fun fact, appearently the Yankees were all in on Trout back when they were evaluating players for the 2009 MLB player draft (they were one of the three teams that actually wanted him). Unfortunately the Angels had already selected him before the Yankees could (ironically I think that was the draft pick compensation slot-thing the Angels got for losing Mark Teixeira, to the Yankees, in free agency) leaving the Yankees to select Gerrit Cole who later declined, went to college and became the Pirates's top prospect. The Yankees won the World Series that year so I guess it worked out okay but damn, we could've had Mike Trout!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:49:34 PM by Iveus »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 01:36:51 PM »
fuck a mike trout, i want kershaw  8)

MistaNova

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 06:03:52 PM »
I don't want a future Tommy John patient.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 04:57:39 PM »

boy am I glad we didn't give him a 10 year deal like the MAriners did....we were able to get Ellsbury and Mccann for the same price and then Tanaka as a pitcher.  I'll miss Mariano though :(

MistaNova

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 05:15:35 PM »
boy am I glad we didn't give him a 10 year deal like the MAriners did....we were able to get Ellsbury and Mccann for the same price and then Tanaka as a pitcher.  I'll miss Mariano though :(

I fucking hate Ellsbury. I really hope he gets injured so I can hate him some more. And no, I'm not above wishing ill on Ellsbury, because I hate him. Fuck Ellsbury.

Remedy360

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2014, 05:22:39 PM »

I fucking hate Ellsbury. I really hope he gets injured so I can hate him some more. And no, I'm not above wishing ill on Ellsbury, because I hate him. Fuck Ellsbury.

Harsh. Why do you hate him so much?