Author Topic: Natasha Walker On Johnny J's Death & 2pac's Beef With DPG  (Read 1749 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Natasha Walker On Johnny J's Death & 2pac's Beef With DPG
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 11:03:00 AM »
2pac was just as known in 93/94 as snoop and DPG were...the movie with janet jackson was out and above the rim was out (with Pac having the best song on the movie soundtrack with "Pain")

then of course we all know Pac eclipsed them and "stole the label" from them in '95 and the rest is history.

Fresh Bone

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 02:02:56 PM »
dpg music in 93-94 > tupac music 93-94. pac was trippin' sayin' niggas stole his shit. LOL snoop and them was already on a level he was still tryin' to achieve commercially at that time.

I'm a 2Pac fan as much as anyone, but ^ this is the truth.

jmix

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 04:16:01 PM »
Death Row Entertainment (Stands for DRE)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 08:22:21 PM »
S4MN did go platinum.

If all that's true, obviously Pac set it all aside by 1993-1994 anyway.
me against the world was pac's first platinum album.
But that has nothing to do with the fact that S4MN did actually go platinum, even though you claimed it didn't even go gold.  Yes, The Chronic and Doggystyle outsold his projects at that time easily, but S4MN had solid numbers for not having a lot of financial backing or even a lot of hype behind it, contrasting to people looking out for The Chronic as Dre's solo debut or people wanting Doggystyle since Snoop was such a big contributor (lyrically) to the Chronic.

the Chronic was a Dr. Dre album....Snoop didn't drop until late 1993 and the "mind on my money, money on my mind" line was used by Pac in 1993 on Gotta Get Mine with MC Breed
I made that connection but I couldn't remember when Gotta Get Mine came out.
pac's first two album didn't start to sell well until he died I'm sure they are close to platinum if not by now.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 08:28:37 PM »
strictly sold far more than 2pacalypse did...rightfully so with having 4 singles released on it and Pac becoming famous in 93.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 09:44:52 PM »
People tend to want to overlook Snoop's efforts a lot, these days, but that guy brought a lot to the table in those early days.  To even say, Death Row "made" Dr. Dre is silly. If anything, it established his reputation of being able to produce, just beyond whatever he had done over at Ruthless. Snoop wasn't some jabroni who Dre tailor-made into a star either. Snoop and his clique were talented.  Dre was the guy who fine-tuned them and really polished their style. I think Pac on those first two albums was what Snoop would have been without Dr. Dre. A very talented artist still looking for the right ingredients. You can't say Pac was not talented on any of his albums but he was rough around the edges when he first came out the gate a little bit.

midwestryder

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 10:14:38 PM »
S4MN did go platinum.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that S4MN did actually go platinum, even though you claimed it didn't even go gold.  Yes, The Chronic and Doggystyle outsold his projects at that time easily, but S4MN had solid numbers for not having a lot of financial backing or even a lot of hype behind it, contrasting to people looking out for The Chronic as Dre's solo debut or people wanting Doggystyle since Snoop was such a big contributor (lyrically) to the Chronic.

the Chronic was a Dr. Dre album....Snoop didn't drop until late 1993 and the "mind on my money, money on my mind" line was used by Pac in 1993 on Gotta Get Mine with MC Breed
pac's first two album didn't start to sell well until he died I'm sure they are close to platinum if not by now.
That is bullcrap.  Pac's second album sold well when he was alive because of the singles . 2Pac was already famous by his 2nd album because of Juice & Poetic Justice. 2pac even sold more when he was alive after he go shot the first time.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:16:40 PM by midwestryder »

bouli77

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 05:06:25 AM »

i wish she gave more examples of lines besides that one.  oh well.

gotta get mine which was produced by Warren G by the way,

didn't know of their pre-death row rivalry but i'm not surprised. 

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 07:34:40 AM »
S4MN did go platinum.

But that has nothing to do with the fact that S4MN did actually go platinum, even though you claimed it didn't even go gold.  Yes, The Chronic and Doggystyle outsold his projects at that time easily, but S4MN had solid numbers for not having a lot of financial backing or even a lot of hype behind it, contrasting to people looking out for The Chronic as Dre's solo debut or people wanting Doggystyle since Snoop was such a big contributor (lyrically) to the Chronic.

That is bullcrap.  Pac's second album sold well when he was alive because of the singles . 2Pac was already famous by his 2nd album because of Juice & Poetic Justice. 2pac even sold more when he was alive after he go shot the first time.
pac'sfirst album didn't garner any attention or sales, his second album sold better but it wasn't not a platinum release. I agree he was famous and well known at that time due to his movie roles and arrests but, more niggas was bumpin' doggystyle at that time than they were pac. me against the world was his first platinum and number 1 album on the charts.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

jmix

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 12:00:04 PM »
to me gz and hustlers by snoop sounds like warren g took "lie 2 kick it" (which he produced for tupac) gave it to snoop and dre took credit... That may be what tupac meant by "dre taking credit for other peoples beats"

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 08:55:46 PM »
to me gz and hustlers by snoop sounds like warren g took "lie 2 kick it" (which he produced for tupac) gave it to snoop and dre took credit... That may be what tupac meant by "dre taking credit for other peoples beats"
my guess is that snoop wanted that beat because snoop was a huge richie rich fan and richie rich rocked that sample in 1988 on snitches and bitches

Okka

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 04:01:11 AM »

I can't remember who said that Dre told Pac he did "I Got My Mind Made Up" and when he find out that it was produced by Daz, he got mad.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 04:38:02 AM »

I can't remember who said that Dre told Pac he did "I Got My Mind Made Up" and when he find out that it was produced by Daz, he got mad.

2pac himself said that

Okka

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 09:31:58 AM »

2pac himself said that

Do you remember where he said that? I remember him sayin' on radio that shit about Dre takin' credit and that he's a dope producer, but he hasn't worked in years.

bouli77

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 10:25:08 AM »
come to think of it, it kinda makes sense :

1) they mention 2pac in "for all my niggaz and my bitches"
2) the similarity between lie 2 kick it and gz & hustlaz
3) the similarity between "with my mind on my money and my money on my mind"

i mean it's not far fetched to think that they heard the tape and were inspired by some of the content, especially with Dre being around and being known for "bringing ideas and concepts to life" (if you catch my drift). snoop has been "accused" by Big Mike to have stolen his "we don't love them hoes" and "really doe" expressions, too. 

had i been in Pac's shoes, i'd have thought the same thing. imaging you hear such things in someone's album and you know for a fact his camp had listened to an advance copy of your album while recording the album. as for the "izzle shizzle" talk, i really don't think they took it from pac, it was bay slang, and we know bay area artists had an influence on LA artists including Snoop (who's a fan of Richie Rich, Too $hort, etc.)

as for the "izzle" slang, i don't think they took it from Pac though, it's bay slang but pac didn't use it that much. might have