Author Topic: Natasha Walker On Johnny J's Death & 2pac's Beef With DPG  (Read 1742 times)

jmix

Re: Natasha Walker On Johnny J's Death & 2pac's Beef With DPG
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 10:36:23 AM »
come to think of it, it kinda makes sense :

1) they mention 2pac in "for all my niggaz and my bitches"
2) the similarity between lie 2 kick it and gz & hustlaz
3) the similarity between "with my mind on my money and my money on my mind"

i mean it's not far fetched to think that they heard the tape and were inspired by some of the content, especially with Dre being around and being known for "bringing ideas and concepts to life" (if you catch my drift). snoop has been "accused" by Big Mike to have stolen his "we don't love them hoes" and "really doe" expressions, too. 

had i been in Pac's shoes, i'd have thought the same thing. imaging you hear such things in someone's album and you know for a fact his camp had listened to an advance copy of your album while recording the album. as for the "izzle shizzle" talk, i really don't think they took it from pac, it was bay slang, and we know bay area artists had an influence on LA artists including Snoop (who's a fan of Richie Rich, Too $hort, etc.)

as for the "izzle" slang, i don't think they took it from Pac though, it's bay slang but pac didn't use it that much. might have

Great Post! I can fully agree here.. with that being said, I do think when Natasha told the story she was telling the truth. I just think she was confused on what 2pac thought they took from him.. when she said 'shizzle or something like that' i just think she was trying to think of the phrases.. it has been 20 years since this happened. Imo, EVEN Snoop's Murder Was The Case' Single from doggystyle has some VERY similar elements to 2pac's song 'Only Fear Of Death ORIGINAL' which would have most certainly been on the same tape as "Lie To Kick It" and Wonder why they call you bitch OG'