Poll

which song should have made the thug life album?

Stay True
1 (25%)
Runnin  (original)
3 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Stay True vs Runnin: which should have made Thug Life?  (Read 312 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Stay True vs Runnin: which should have made Thug Life?
« on: March 20, 2014, 06:19:45 PM »
     <  Stay True

< Runnin  (thug life version)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 06:26:09 PM by Hack Brodenheimer »

BIGWORM

Re: Stay True vs Runnin: which should have made Thug Life?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 07:33:27 PM »
stay true is on the album & quite deservedly.

Runnin' should have been on Me against the world...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 07:51:56 PM »

the sad fact is the Thug life cd had room for both songs PLUS at least one or two more.  "is it cool to fuck?", "straight out the gutta" and "niggaz in the pen" would all have been perfect songs for the album.

you know some stupid know-nothing exec over at interscope is responsible for the raping of that album.  it was still a classic CD which can be bumped tracks 1 to 10 with no skipping but now after all the leaks we know it could have been a certified classic if Pac had his way.  Big Syke spoke on this a few times.  Hell, Pac did "out on bail" live at the Source awards and that song never saw the light of day til Eminem remixed it 10 years later.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 07:54:30 PM by Hack Brodenheimer »

MOBNigga06

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 08:36:36 PM »

the sad fact is the Thug life cd had room for both songs PLUS at least one or two more.  "is it cool to fuck?", "straight out the gutta" and "niggaz in the pen" would all have been perfect songs for the album.

you know some stupid know-nothing exec over at interscope is responsible for the raping of that album.  it was still a classic CD which can be bumped tracks 1 to 10 with no skipping but now after all the leaks we know it could have been a certified classic if Pac had his way.  Big Syke spoke on this a few times.  Hell, Pac did "out on bail" live at the Source awards and that song never saw the light of day til Eminem remixed it 10 years later.

One of the dopest songs from this era is IT HURTZ THE MOST...it's crazy that song went unreleased. Wouldda been a classic in its own time. I guess they thought it was redundant cause of How Long Will They Mourn Me
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 08:42:48 PM »

One of the dopest songs from this era is IT HURTZ THE MOST...it's crazy that song went unreleased. Wouldda been a classic in its own time. I guess they thought it was redundant cause of How Long Will They Mourn Me

nah, i think Majesty / live squad owned the rights to that one

123imagee

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 01:30:11 AM »
"Stay True" WAS On Thug Life Album.
Runnin´(Demo Version) Would Fit That Album, So Would "Str8 Outta Gutta"

Will_B

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 02:15:37 AM »
For someone tho knows little about the history of these tracks is there any solid reading on what order the tracks were recorded. What sessions, recording dates etc??

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 10:06:19 AM »
For someone tho knows little about the history of these tracks is there any solid reading on what order the tracks were recorded. What sessions, recording dates etc??

nope...they that they were made in 1993/early 1994 and that this project is when Johnny J started working with Pac

Will_B

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 10:57:34 AM »

nope...they that they were made in 1993/early 1994 and that this project is when Johnny J started working with Pac

Cool homie I was also thinking about Pacs vast unreleased catalogue

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 06:32:08 PM »

the sad fact is the Thug life cd had room for both songs

Exactly.. "Runnin" would of fit perfectly on the Thug Life album.  Damn shame it wasn't on there. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)