Author Topic: Westcoast Needs a New Artist  (Read 472 times)

WittyWestCoaster

• Lil Geezy
Westcoast Needs a New Artist
« on: February 28, 2014, 03:20:22 AM »
I'm sorry but we need a new artist to represent the coast. I live and breathe this Westcoast Hip Hop movement, but a lot of the music we're approving is "ABSOLUTE" trash  >:( Wtf!!! I'm ready for a new act. I just hope he's like Super Dope, a artist who can do it all. A range of styles, His music makes die hard sense, he can "ACTUALLY SPIT" and not make goofy azz club records about popping molly's.

TDE camps okay, I like what their doing but.... We need some concrete representation out here on the West.

Will_B

Re: Westcoast Needs a New Artist
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 03:27:06 AM »
Aside from Kendrick there ain't anyone new that makin classic material

WittyWestCoaster

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 03:40:41 AM »

I respect that homie! But I believe there's a time and place for certain type of styles and bars, and a lot of these Westcoast Artist that's from the NewWest Movement isn't cutting it. I truly believe the "WESTCOAST" is wide open right now with all this gimmicky shit that's out.

I'm not saying we need a "SUPER GANGSTA" type cat, but someone we all can be like this dude is the "TRUTH"

Kendrick straight, besides the Co-signs, he's in the boat with everybody else. Now don't get me wrong Kendrick's Grammy Performance was the shit... I can't lie.

aerroc

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 11:05:51 AM »
I'm sorry but we need a new artist to represent the coast. I live and breathe this Westcoast Hip Hop movement, but a lot of the music we're approving is "ABSOLUTE" trash  >:( Wtf!!! I'm ready for a new act. I just hope he's like Super Dope, a artist who can do it all. A range of styles, His music makes die hard sense, he can "ACTUALLY SPIT" and not make goofy azz club records about popping molly's.

TDE camps okay, I like what their doing but.... We need some concrete representation out here on the West.

if ur looking for some 1 to top kendrick its going to be a loonng time before that happens tde going to be running this bitch and there no one thats going to do anything about and if some bold rappers comes out of no where and tries to diss tde they going to be dealt with in wax
TDE has that it factor that most rappers out here today don't have and its soul

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 03:19:51 PM »

lies

The_Offence

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 09:42:09 AM »
I'm sorry but we need a new artist to represent the coast. I live and breathe this Westcoast Hip Hop movement, but a lot of the music we're approving is "ABSOLUTE" trash  >:( Wtf!!! I'm ready for a new act. I just hope he's like Super Dope, a artist who can do it all. A range of styles, His music makes die hard sense, he can "ACTUALLY SPIT" and not make goofy azz club records about popping molly's.

nigga you just want somebody in some old ass khaki suit,chucks, rapping about 64 this, 64 that.. rolling down the streetas in my rag top blah, blah. ain't nobody wanna hear that shit anymore my nigga.. you euro niggas need to get up on time and stop thinking people actually still dress like that.. y'all niggas feel in love with style that was hot almost 30 years ago :-\ thats like some old ass nigga saying why ain't body rapping like grandmaster flash anymore, we need real music like that  :-\ a don't know how you euro cats do it it but ain't nobody in north America trying to hear a nigga sounding like he's still in 1993, the masses don't wanna hear it and the labels can't market it .. go buy south central cartel's old album if you wanna hear that shit nigga.. its 2014 not 1994 fam  :D ain't nobody walking around like they fresh outta the movies colors.. that shit is so burnt out that i'd probably laugh at a nigga trying to do that shit in 2014.

euro dudes want this shit in 2014  :D ;D niggas rapping on beat that sound like this  ;D  ;D

don't worry im sure another euro cat will make another album with kokane for y'all  ;D DON'T YOU NIGGAS EVER STOP TO THINK WHY NOBODY IS DOING THAT SHIT ANYMORE ? it's not marketable! that kind of rap won't even get you anywhere.. nipsey started blowing off after he got off that same old west coast rap, jay rock tried and fail! where are all the rappers that were on that old west coast sound ? where are they ? look where TDE is now, look where nipsey is, look where YG is, NOBODY WANT TO HEAR THAT KIND OF WEST COAST RAP ANYMORE.. these niggas only made the west relevant again after they started making changes to that old burnt out sound.. people are not into that extra high  ring ding dong, let me ride sound anymore and thats just the fact! if you waiting for another nigga to come up with that shit then you might as well just give it up because ain't nobody doing that shit anymore. the last nigga that was on that shit was Slim the Mobster and where is he now ? (NOT MARKETABLE) why you think DRE went away from signing those kind of artistes and got kendrick ? he's know that shit is burnt out.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:54:57 AM by The_Offence »

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 11:08:30 AM »
That's a nice beat in that clip.  8)

As for the West, personally it died with Pac and that's the truth. I'd have placed my bets on Bishop Lamont, dude was mad talented and rapped about a lot of different things with a great ear for beats but he's missing in action - Come to think of it, I'm going to make a thread about that  - That Kenrick dude is straight wack, you lot have been sitting there waiting for a saviour to fall out the sky like this dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6Bbw4ldhq8I#t=1971

The only way the West will come back is if some homegrown talent carves a new lane, a new sound, a new style instead of trying to ride up and down the street that Dre helped to pave.

WestWestYA

aerroc

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 03:29:24 PM »
just wait till ab-soul drops his album he is consider new to commercial stand point then everybody will be on his dick

MAYORR

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 03:46:44 PM »

aerroc

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 03:52:39 PM »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 05:34:39 PM »
kendrick is just a flavor of the month rapper.

aerroc

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 06:58:32 PM »
kendrick is just a flavor of the month rapper.

nope kendrick is the flavor for the next 5 years

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 06:59:52 PM »
i heard that about Bishop Lamont too.

Will_B

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 12:25:08 AM »
i heard that about Bishop Lamont too.

LMAO

Aside from Warren G's album I never even saw Bishops name outside this forum. Let alone heard on the radio