Author Topic: Would the Westcoast be Receptive to a 30yr old Freshman MC  (Read 172 times)

WittyWestCoaster

• Lil Geezy
Would the Westcoast be Receptive to a 30yr old Freshman MC
« on: February 28, 2014, 03:50:58 AM »
What I mean by "Freshman MC" is "What if it's his First Mixtape or Time Out to the Public?" But the dudes crazy dope? and he presents his package or Music very professionally, everythings mixed, mastered, Not none of this marker writing bullshit on the cd with a white cd sleeve. I always wanted to get feedback on this subject.

Because Hip Hop has been on this Very typical age different bullshit. I honestly believe, if the dude got Crazy azz talent and could spit better then anyone in the game and people can relate, then he's good.

bouli77

Re: Would the Westcoast be Receptive to a 30yr old Freshman MC
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 05:05:45 AM »
yeah they would, even though the situation you're presenting is a bit extreme, you got artists blooming rather late these days like macklemore or dom kennedy. age don(t matter as much as it used to in hp hop as even the 30 year olds nowadays are hip hop children.

even then though you got legendary figures who blew up rather late : Chuck D, Guru, Ice T.

WittyWestCoaster

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:24:12 AM »
yeah they would, even though the situation you're presenting is a bit extreme, you got artists blooming rather late these days like macklemore or dom kennedy. age don(t matter as much as it used to in hp hop as even the 30 year olds nowadays are hip hop children.

even then though you got legendary figures who blew up rather late : Chuck D, Guru, Ice T.

I respect that...

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 08:30:31 AM »
I have this strange feeling that you're talking about yourself

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:08:08 AM »

this

but yes...Kool G Rap and Necro's recent album has proved that age means nothing in hip hop as long as you have dope ass beats and write crazy lyrics.  the west coast REALLY needs lyricists....all they have right now are TDE, Crooked and Horseshoe Gang and incognito rappers like Bishop and Glasses lol

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 09:30:25 AM »
But really though, I'd rather hear someone older.  Back in the day, the young guys were hungry and trying to make an alternative path for themselves to get out of whatever shitty situation they were in.  These days, it's just young guys who want to strike oil and make some huge song that catches on so they can buy a Lamborghini.  And half the time, it seems like they all grew up with average lives without any real struggles but are still compelled to do hip-hop... which is fine, but then they portray some image that is a total opposite of them, as opposed to rappers before who would just exaggerate shit.

Personally I just stick with watching rap battles and going to events when they're in the LA area... a lot of them can't ride a beat for shit but lyrically they're monsters when going at someone else.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 03:51:49 PM »
But really though, I'd rather hear someone older.  Back in the day, the young guys were hungry and trying to make an alternative path for themselves to get out of whatever shitty situation they were in.  These days, it's just young guys who want to strike oil and make some huge song that catches on so they can buy a Lamborghini.  And half the time, it seems like they all grew up with average lives without any real struggles but are still compelled to do hip-hop... which is fine, but then they portray some image that is a total opposite of them, as opposed to rappers before who would just exaggerate shit.

Personally I just stick with watching rap battles and going to events when they're in the LA area... a lot of them can't ride a beat for shit but lyrically they're monsters when going at someone else.

yep, rappers are no longer required to come from the hood like they were in the 90's

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 04:49:58 PM »

Strange feeling? I think its blantanly obvious.

But I don't see why not, music is not like sports where 30 means death sentence approaching. Isn't that nigga 2Chainz like 42? He just blew up as a solo artist in his late 40's. Juicy J too.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WittyWestCoaster

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 11:21:12 PM »

Strange feeling? I think its blantanly obvious.

But I don't see why not, music is not like sports where 30 means death sentence approaching. Isn't that nigga 2Chainz like 42? He just blew up as a solo artist in his late 40's. Juicy J too.

Hahaha!! Man I couldn't rap to save my life. I'll fuck up a Dr Seuss Story. I only asked because it's like there's no staying power in the industry anymore and that's because we have all these young cats coming in with nothing to talk about. I'm tired of popping Molly's, I don't want to Toot it and Boot it, A nigga might catch some horrific shit that'll eat my dick from the inside out. I need my emotion evoked, shook'n.. and I believe there's an 30 Yr old artist somewhere who can bring that true element back to the game. We just need to find him or her.

That's all I'm saying