Author Topic: Death Row chief engineer: (All Eyez on Me) "Quik mixed the whole thing!"  (Read 889 times)

JeremyM

Re: Death Row chief engineer: (All Eyez on Me) "Quik mixed the whole thing!"
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 04:40:43 AM »
JJFP's album was released on two vinyl records, the first for an original rap album.  That's not a double album??? 

Great album btw.  If you want tight crystal clear production, there it is.

The CD version of "He's the DJ..." is also edited--about half the tracks are shortened and one song was dropped completely. That said, I agree that it is not a double album in the same sense that "All Eyez on Me" was. 

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Death Row chief engineer: (All Eyez on Me) "Quik mixed the whole thing!"
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 06:52:42 PM »
fyi, esham judgement day double album came out in 1992
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

Sccit

I really have to to take back some of the comments I made about Quik.  I mean, hearing that he mixed that whole album out of love for Suge, and didn't really get paid for it.  And had some contractual hangups with his label... anyway that really shows thaat not only was quik a great musician but a good dude....

AND A LEGEND IN THIS GAME

jmix

as much as i love rick clifford, the guy is often confused about certain things.. the star wars shit was just wrong, and Quik did not mix the whole aeom album.