Author Topic: The Problem With Arsenal (soccer thread, haters, don't read)  (Read 353 times)

TheSheriff

Re:The Problem With Arsenal (soccer thread, haters, don't read)
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2003, 04:57:57 AM »
you played semi pro for west brom? so what? do you want a medal?
you know nothing about me and my knowledge of football, so how do you think you know more about football than i do?
i used to play for charlton youth team, but it dont mean anything.
you cannot claim with any credibility after your comments in this thread that you have a high level of knowledge about football.
1)jeffers is similar to henry
2) bergkamp is our true centre forward
3) roy carrol is a good keeper
4) peter crouch is a good player
5) and you asked why did we get rid of manninger (and you claim to be a goalkeeper).

i dont know where you heard about arsenal offering money for crouch (probably in a newspaper where u seem to get all of your "knowledge" from).
wenger dosent rate or like large, clumsy centre forwards such as crouch (selling john hartson as an example). our style of play dosent suite it, ie never crossing a ball in the air, so yet again you are wrong.

so please dont embarrass your self  anymore in this thread with your delusions of knowing about football.

I STILL play semi-pro for the Baggies.

Oh, and it was Wenger himself who said he made a 2.5m offer. Was he lying?

Jeffers started off as an offensive midfielder. At Everton, HE PLAYED IN EXACTLY THE SAME ROLE AS HENRY DOES AT ARSENAL.

Henry leads the league in assists; he's the fast, creative forward. Bergkamp is the big guy who heads the balls Henry crosses in into the net. Again, Wenger has said that.

Have I hurt your feelings by knowing more about football than you? I'm quoting Arsenal's manager, so you're saying HE'S wrong.

You're a troll who gets hurt too easily, my friend.

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2003, 08:06:02 AM »
you played semi pro for west brom? so what? do you want a medal?
you know nothing about me and my knowledge of football, so how do you think you know more about football than i do?
i used to play for charlton youth team, but it dont mean anything.
you cannot claim with any credibility after your comments in this thread that you have a high level of knowledge about football.
1)jeffers is similar to henry
2) bergkamp is our true centre forward
3) roy carrol is a good keeper
4) peter crouch is a good player
5) and you asked why did we get rid of manninger (and you claim to be a goalkeeper).

i dont know where you heard about arsenal offering money for crouch (probably in a newspaper where u seem to get all of your "knowledge" from).
wenger dosent rate or like large, clumsy centre forwards such as crouch (selling john hartson as an example). our style of play dosent suite it, ie never crossing a ball in the air, so yet again you are wrong.

so please dont embarrass your self  anymore in this thread with your delusions of knowing about football.

I STILL play semi-pro for the Baggies.

Oh, and it was Wenger himself who said he made a 2.5m offer. Was he lying?

Jeffers started off as an offensive midfielder. At Everton, HE PLAYED IN EXACTLY THE SAME ROLE AS HENRY DOES AT ARSENAL.

Henry leads the league in assists; he's the fast, creative forward. Bergkamp is the big guy who heads the balls Henry crosses in into the net. Again, Wenger has said that.

Have I hurt your feelings by knowing more about football than you? I'm quoting Arsenal's manager, so you're saying HE'S wrong.

You're a troll who gets hurt too easily, my friend.

LOL it keeps gettin better and better
Respond to this again cause you are just making me laugh, you truely are an idiot.

i aint going to get into to know more about football cause thats just childish.
BUT ive been to all but 1 of arsenals games this season including away games in holland and valencia and play the game at quite a high level, so i know what im talking about.
you on the other hand keep making these ridiculous  statements time and time again, that ANYONE whos knows anything about football will tell you u are wrong.

one thing you should know is that wenger never EVER mentions transfers to the press until they are complete. show me where he said this about crouch, or any other transfer. WAIT, ill save you the time because you wont find it cause he has never said it.

your next point i aint 100% on, maybe BEZ can help us out. you claim jeffers was an offensive midfileder when he first played for everton, and played in the exact role af henry. this i find laughable. jeffers has NO pace at all, cant pass or take people on. saying he played the same role as henry is plain stupid.
he may have been an offensive midfielder, but i quite sure he made his debute as a 16 year old as a striker.

your next point takes the biscuit though, and proves you are an idiot.
"bergkamp is the big guy who heads henrys crosses into the net" LLOOLL, WHAT are you talking about and WHERE has wenger ever said this???
ive seen bergkamp play hundreds of times for arsenal and in that time at the MOST hes scored 5 headed goals. the lazy git hardly ever gets into the box for crosses.
say to any arsenal fan bergkamp is the guy whos heads crossed into the net and is our main striker will just look at you in a funny way and laugh.

i am a troll who gets hurt too easily??
your not hurting me, your just providing me with much amusement. you really do think you know about football, lol moron.

TheSheriff

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2003, 01:22:00 PM »
Respond to this again cause you are just making me laugh, you truely are an idiot.

BUT ive been to all but 1 of arsenals games this season including away games in holland and valencia and play the game at quite a high level, so i know what im talking about.
you on the other hand keep making these ridiculous  statements time and time again, that ANYONE whos knows anything about football will tell you u are wrong.

one thing you should know is that wenger never EVER mentions transfers to the press until they are complete. show me where he said this about crouch, or any other transfer. WAIT, ill save you the time because you wont find it cause he has never said it.

your next point i aint 100% on, maybe BEZ can help us out. you claim jeffers was an offensive midfileder when he first played for everton, and played in the exact role af henry. this i find laughable. jeffers has NO pace at all, cant pass or take people on. saying he played the same role as henry is plain stupid.
he may have been an offensive midfielder, but i quite sure he made his debute as a 16 year old as a striker.

"bergkamp is the big guy who heads henrys crosses into the net" LLOOLL, WHAT are you talking about and WHERE has wenger ever said this???
ive seen bergkamp play hundreds of times for arsenal and in that time at the MOST hes scored 5 headed goals. the lazy git hardly ever gets into the box for crosses.
say to any arsenal fan bergkamp is the guy whos heads crossed into the net and is our main striker will just look at you in a funny way and laugh.

your not hurting me, your just providing me with much amusement. you really do think you know about football, lol moron.

It's not up to me to prove or disprove what Wenger has said. Go and check it up yourself. You're the one attempting to prosecute me here.

Wenger didn't say about headers, no; that was a flippant statement. However, Wenger did say Bergkamp is his main centre-forward, whereas Henry is his wing forward.

One has to ask, what is more childish; someone wanting a proper debate, or someone who just insults someone who disagrees with him?

I may now be depressed and slightly drunk. But you are a retarded troll. And in the morning, I shall be sober again. Thankyou Winston for great quotes.

If you're so mature, why don't you just ignore me? Oh yeah, because no-one is allowed to debate your views on the sacred Woolwich.

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2003, 11:58:01 AM »

It's not up to me to prove or disprove what Wenger has said. Go and check it up yourself. You're the one attempting to prosecute me here.

Wenger didn't say about headers, no; that was a flippant statement. However, Wenger did say Bergkamp is his main centre-forward, whereas Henry is his wing forward.

One has to ask, what is more childish; someone wanting a proper debate, or someone who just insults someone who disagrees with him?

I may now be depressed and slightly drunk. But you are a retarded troll. And in the morning, I shall be sober again. Thankyou Winston for great quotes.

If you're so mature, why don't you just ignore me? Oh yeah, because no-one is allowed to debate your views on the sacred Woolwich.

no, go ahead ,you are allowed to say what you like about arsenal and debate it.
say you like or dislike them, and back it up with points of view that make sense. that would be your opinion and i would respect it.
however what i do have a problem with is someone who thinks he knows about football and plainly dosent.
you make points that are just plainly not right, too many of which in here that i cant be arsed listing them, and which are not your opinion.
Wenger has never said bergkamp is his main centre forward, becuase he is not.
a typical centre forward is someone like alan shearer. A man of your footballing knowlegde should know that bergkamp is a player who is described as playing in the 'Hole' infront of midfield and in behind the strikers.
he is a totaly different player to shearer, and is DEFINATLY not arsenals 'main centre forward.'

you seem to have insulted me far more times in this thread than i have you. i have just critizised your knowlege of football, which i believe to be horribly misguided.
if you said something reasonable such as "arsenal are dodgy in defence, henry spends too much time out wide, seaman is shit and ashly cole is a poor defender" i would respect it and debate it with you reasonably.
but when you say things such as jeffers is similar to henry and bergkamp is our main centre forward, it cant be debated because they are just plainly wrong statements, and this is not my opinion, but fact.

this seems to be goin nowhere now. we are just plainly never going to agree.

TheSheriff

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2003, 02:59:41 PM »
say you like or dislike them, and back it up with points of view that make sense. that would be your opinion and i would respect it.
however what i do have a problem with is someone who thinks he knows about football and plainly dosent.
you make points that are just plainly not right, too many of which in here that i cant be arsed listing them, and which are not your opinion.
a typical centre forward is someone like alan shearer. A man of your footballing knowlegde should know that bergkamp is a player who is described as playing in the 'Hole' infront of midfield and in behind the strikers.
he is a totaly different player to shearer, and is DEFINATLY not arsenals 'main centre forward.'

you seem to have insulted me far more times in this thread than i have you. i have just critizised your knowlege of football, which i believe to be horribly misguided.
if you said something reasonable such as "arsenal are dodgy in defence, henry spends too much time out wide, seaman is shit and ashly cole is a poor defender" i would respect it and debate it with you reasonably.
but when you say things such as jeffers is similar to henry and bergkamp is our main centre forward, it cant be debated because they are just plainly wrong statements, and this is not my opinion, but fact.

You continue to deny what YOUR MANAGER has said.

I've insulted you more than you have me? What a joker. You have called me an idiot, childish, ignorant, a moron, etc.

I posted something-correct or not, doesn't matter-that was politely worded, wasn't insulting you, etc. You decided to insult me. You, my friend, will always be a troll.

After taking the consensus of the many Arsenal fans, including perhaps the biggest Arsenal knowledge man of all time, they all agree, Bergkamp is the nearest thing to a CF you have. Wiltord occasionally fills in that role, but Bergkamp, at least last year and before, acted as that. He scored no nonsense goals.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2003, 12:19:33 PM »
I rarely agree with Sol, but Owen, what you are saying about Bergkamp ia laughable. "No-nonsense goals". lol

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2003, 01:49:19 PM »

You continue to deny what YOUR MANAGER has said.

I've insulted you more than you have me? What a joker. You have called me an idiot, childish, ignorant, a moron, etc.

I posted something-correct or not, doesn't matter-that was politely worded, wasn't insulting you, etc. You decided to insult me. You, my friend, will always be a troll.

After taking the consensus of the many Arsenal fans, including perhaps the biggest Arsenal knowledge man of all time, they all agree, Bergkamp is the nearest thing to a CF you have. Wiltord occasionally fills in that role, but Bergkamp, at least last year and before, acted as that. He scored no nonsense goals.

youve only gone and done it again.
i dont want to insult you, but im sorry, you are an idiot.

let me get one thing straight. where do you live? america or england? and these arsenal 'fans' you have consulted, where are they from?
im not bragging, but not many people know more about arsenal than me.
Ill tell you again. wenger has never said any of these things you have claimed.

look, it is a stone cold FACT that dennis is not a typical forward player. this is NOT my opinion, it is fact.
you are just making more and more stupid remarks as this topic goes on. im now starting to think you are doing this just to wind me up, and you dont believe what you say, cause what you are claiming is just laughable.
let me explain this to you.
"bergkamp acted as your centre forward last year" (not your exact words but near enough)
WRONG. FACT.
his form at the start of the season was crap. he couldnt get in the team. he came on as a sub to score two goals in the first game at middlesbrough, and i can still remember the shock in the crowd that he had actually scored once, never mind twice.
in the second half of the season he returned to his world class form, but NOT acting as a typical centre forward.
he played deep in the 'Hole' position, and i dont know if you remember the run of games freddie scored in last season, well 90% of those goals resulted from through balls by dennis, from deep. FACT.
seen as you seem to be so close to gary megson, why dont you ask his if bergkamp is a typical centre forward. i Guarantee he will say he is not, and describe him in the way i have.
then you say he is a scorer of no nonsense goals. WHERE have you got this idea from?????? WHERE?? PLEASE tell me, because it is about the most ridiculous thing you have said.
Dennis' trademark is the curler into the top corner from 30 yards.
he was won goal of the season and goal of the world cup (remember againt argentina i think, that "No nonsense" goal ::) ::))

will someone who know about football pls get in here and tell this guy that he is wrong, cause it looks like he just cant see it.

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2003, 01:54:36 PM »
I rarely agree with Sol, but Owen, what you are saying about Bergkamp ia laughable. "No-nonsense goals". lol

thank god for that.

owen, just hold up your hands and admit you are wrong. everyone makes mistakes (believe it or not, even i do, only very rarely).
your are just getting your self into a bigger and bigger hole every time you open your mouth.

TheSheriff

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2003, 07:28:40 AM »
Sol, you're an idiot for not trying to be civil. You continue to deny things that have been said in newspaper interviews (hell, I'll even dig them out for you), and you miss the point.

Who IS your centre forward? Wiltord is only occasionally sent into fulfil that role.

I live in the UK. I'm half English/Welsh, and half American. My second favourite sport is football. I play it at semi-pro level, and know a hell of a lot about it. NO-ONE on your team scores more simple tap-ins, in proportion to their appearances, than Bergkamp.

Are you actually an Arsenal fan who has a different view on things, or are you simply a troll/football hooligan who likes arguments?

Tell me this-when I dig out those interviews, will you apologize?

Also, explain who, if not Bergkamp, scores the simple goals up front. Jeffers may be the Fox in the Box at Arsenal, but at Everton-and I know this for a fact-he fulfilled Henry's role as the speedy right-forward, not a striker.

You say *I* am making a fool of myself; you disgrace yourself by trolling.

TheSheriff

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2003, 07:29:10 AM »

I love the smell of flamers in the morning.

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2003, 08:04:43 AM »
Sol, you're an idiot for not trying to be civil. You continue to deny things that have been said in newspaper interviews (hell, I'll even dig them out for you), and you miss the point.

Who IS your centre forward? Wiltord is only occasionally sent into fulfil that role.

I live in the UK. I'm half English/Welsh, and half American. My second favourite sport is football. I play it at semi-pro level, and know a hell of a lot about it. NO-ONE on your team scores more simple tap-ins, in proportion to their appearances, than Bergkamp.

Are you actually an Arsenal fan who has a different view on things, or are you simply a troll/football hooligan who likes arguments?

Tell me this-when I dig out those interviews, will you apologize?

Also, explain who, if not Bergkamp, scores the simple goals up front. Jeffers may be the Fox in the Box at Arsenal, but at Everton-and I know this for a fact-he fulfilled Henry's role as the speedy right-forward, not a striker.

You say *I* am making a fool of myself; you disgrace yourself by trolling.

im sorry to hear you are half welsh, maybe thats where you get your stupidity from
Yes, find me where wenger has said:
1) he want s to sign crouch
2) bergkamp is our main striker.
with quotes from wenger obviously, and remember, dont believe everything you read in the paper, people are misquoated many a time.

who is our centre forward? with our full team we do not have one. that is one of the strenghts/weaknesses of AFC.
dennis drops deep, terry floats out wide. well known FACT (i dont think you know what a fact is, it cant be disputed.)
however in recent games against man u and chelsea we have played with jeffers and wiltord up front, as two recognised front men.
if JAB reads this he will tell you the difference between the league and cup games at old trafford, where in the league henry played and didnt have the best of games, but in the cup game jeffers and wiltord played up front and constantly caused problems to their defence, this didnt happen in the league game, where they had plently of time on the ball.

your comment that bergkamp scores more tap ins than any other player just PROVES beyond any doubt that you do not know what you are talking about. you cannot claim to know a 'hell of a lot about football' and make a comment like that.

jeffers did not fill the henry role at everton. yet another laughable comment. the 'henry role' is drifting out to the left wing, beating the full back with devistating pace and giving a team mate an assist (note- NOT BERGKAMP). henry is the leading asister in europe.
yet again- jeffers has NO pace, NO skill and NO left foot. he cant  PASS a football and struggles to control one.
wenger didnt see a player at everton playing in the henry role and think ill buy him and turn him into a fox in the box. he already was one at everton (when he wasnt injured).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2003, 08:05:46 AM by Sol »

TheSheriff

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2003, 02:04:23 PM »
So, we're going to bring racism into it? You're a troll, plain and simple. Are you black? If so, fuck you retarded nigger. But I'm not allowed to say that, am I?

Pimpdogg

• 'G'
  • weapon of mass seduction
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2003, 08:25:21 AM »
fuck you retarded nigger.

did wenger really say that?

I think he was misquoted then.

Never surrender

TheSheriff

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2003, 09:05:25 AM »
did wenger really say that?

I think he was misquoted then.

What ARE you blathering about? lol

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2003, 12:15:29 PM »
So, we're going to bring racism into it? You're a troll, plain and simple. Are you black? If so, fuck you retarded nigger. But I'm not allowed to say that, am I?

are you obsessed with the word troll? is it meant as an insult?

racism!! are you one of these politicaly correct do gooders or something? welsh insult english, who insult welsh, who insult scots who insult irish etc etc.
it goes all of the time for christ sake. its called 'banter' you moron.
for you to call it racism is laughable.

where are these quotes from wenger by the way? oh yeh, you probably couldnt find them.

owen. i think its time you just accept that you are wrong, have made a tit of yourself in this thread, and dont know as much about football as you think you do.